Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Youngest Was The Most Loved

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Children In Pieces

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • On The Streets I Ran

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
Well, I'm going to lie down and defend "In The Future When All's Well".

Second, "You Have Killed Me"; third, "On The Streets I Ran".

Not Children In Pieces, we can all agree on that can't we. :)
I am sorry, I like it A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT!!:horny:
I would have chosen it if "If you don't like me.." had not been written.
I don't understand why everybody finds "In the future so fantastic", I don't like the Morrissey sings it...:cool:

My highligths on ROTT are acutally all of the songs he has not written, such as "Dear God","Pigsty","I`ll never be anybody`s hero now" and "to me you are a work of art."

I agree with that, except for You Have Killed Me, which is not half bad.

I am sorry, I like it A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT!!:horny:
I would have chosen it if "If you don't like me.." had not been written.
I don't understand why everybody finds "In the future so fantastic", I don't like the Morrissey sings it...:cool:

But everyone doesn't find it fantastic. There's (currently) only six people who voted for it. But, importantly, one of them is me! Why?
Well, 'In the Future' has qualities rarely found in a modern day Moz song.
To wit; zing and vim!

But everyone doesn't find it fantastic. There's (currently) only six people who voted for it. But, importantly, one of them is me! Why?
Well, 'In the Future' has qualities rarely found in a modern day Moz song.
To wit; zing and vim!
6 is not so bad.
I am sorry, I don't understand what zing and wim mean, but I think there are modern Morissey songs better than "In the future": Pigsty, Ganglord, If you don't like me, Children in pieces, Mama, Dear God, and so on.:)

I`m so glad your right mspenld828. Whyte is still with us!!!!!!

I just checked wipikedia and found that Alain Whyte has co-written many of the songs on "Years Of Refusal".

Do you think these are old songs from the time Whyte was in the group, or does Morrissey and Whyte still colaborate?

I voted for In the Future, which I liked as kind of a return to Your Arsenal's glambilly. I dig the outro a lot, musically and lyrically.

I actually like the lyrics (or more, the narrative) and the music for On the Streets..., but can understand the criticisms of the jarring vocal melody (even more apparent on The Father...)

You Have Killed Me will stand the test of time as a solid album track and not bad single, but more for Morrissey's lyric and singing than musically.

On all three of these Jesse displayed decent 2D songwriting talent, but should've collaborated with Alain or Boz to add more character to his compositions.

Like everyone, I'm so curious about who's contributing what on the new album. And whether Alain is playing on his own tracks...

PS. I liked All You Need is Me a fair bit when it came out, but I've already forgotten about it!

I think that's just based on rumours posted here a while back about Alain not being happy about his compositions being played by others. Nothing's been confirmed as far as I know but I've been out of the loop for the better part of a month.

According to wapedia, Whyte has not been involved in the recordingprosess.

I do very much like Children In Pieces... It's much better than most of Tobias' ROTT crap. I agree with the comment above about collaborating with one of the others. That would've done no harm at all.

On an unrelated note - I watched 'Who Put The M...' again the other day. I miss Alain too :(

Back
Top Bottom