Morrissey retiring?

jamopsych

Hi all,

Jamie from the NME here. I was wondering if I could garner some opinions of you Morrissey fans and experts?

Quite a few things have been going on recently that suggest Morrissey is stepping away from music. He's finding touring tough, has said he finds it lonely, and there is a greatest hits in the pipeline. Could he be winding things down?

I was wondering what you all thought about the possibility of Morrissey retiring? Do you think it'd be the right time for him to do it, considering his frustrations with the music industry and the ovious fact that he enjoys a reclusive lifestyle rather than being in the spot-light?

Would be grateful for any comments, please do post below.

Thanks. JF.

I don't think he should, but that goes without saying doesn't it?

Hi all,

Jamie from the NME here. I was wondering if I could garner some opinions of you Morrissey fans and experts?

Quite a few things have been going on recently that suggest Morrissey is stepping away from music. He's finding touring tough, has said he finds it lonely, and there is a greatest hits in the pipeline. Could he be winding things down?

I was wondering what you all thought about the possibility of Morrissey retiring? Do you think it'd be the right time for him to do it, considering his frustrations with the music industry and the ovious fact that he enjoys a reclusive lifestyle rather than being in the spot-light?

Thanks. JF.

Hi Jamie,

I am not even sure if he knows, and furthermore - if he did I am not sure he would stick to retirement as he is somewhat unpredictable. However, I am happy to see that some journalists are openly addressing the forum as journalists rather than just picking and choosing comments on here that they think might make "good press" and reporting them as facts.
bravo.

the world needs morrissey :) and, with the exception of the recent illness, it seems that he's really enjoying himself

Last edited:
personally, i think the time is right. have you seen his hair? he should learn how to smoke a pipe, be quiet and look thoughtful.

Hi all,

Thanks. JF.

I almost feel angry at you for even posting this. It's like how FOX News asks questions to rankle people. "Is Al Gore a child molester? Find out at 11!" That's exactly what this is. You know Morrissey's not planning to retire. Morrissey needs our adoration to function. He loves touring. He's been on tour for eons. He can't make himself stop. He's planning a new album. He's already done the greatest hits thing and he'll do it again. It's no indication that he's retiring.

Not only that, but he's an artist who can NOT stop producing art. Can you really see him relaxing in his mansion on a hill somewhere, sipping tea and ignoring his urge to write? He's driven. He'll never retire. It's not within him to do so.

Why don't you guys report on actual music news instead of trying to force news to happen?

personally, i think the time is right. have you seen his hair? he should learn how to smoke a pipe, be quiet and look thoughtful.
And grow a beard and learn to play golf?

I almost feel angry at you for even posting this. It's like how FOX News asks questions to rankle people. "Is Al Gore a child molester? Find out at 11!" That's exactly what this is. You know Morrissey's not planning to retire. Morrissey needs our adoration to function. He loves touring. He's been on tour for eons. He can't make himself stop. He's planning a new album. He's already done the greatest hits thing and he'll do it again. It's no indication that he's retiring.

Not only that, but he's an artist who can NOT stop producing art. Can you really see him relaxing in his mansion on a hill somewhere, sipping tea and ignoring his urge to write? He's driven. He'll never retire. It's not within him to do so.

Why don't you guys report on actual music news instead of trying to force news to happen?
hahahahahha... i didn't look at it like that until you said so Scarlet... yay!!
hehehee

if morrissey is retiring, he'll say so himself.

period.

Retire? What he does is not a job to him like a mail carrier, this is his passion; his reason to be. Even without a recording contract, he went out on the road and wrote songs and sang his little socks off.

Yes, he complains about the industry and other things. Most of it is not within his control to change anyway, so he preserveres.

As long as he has the desire and the bottoms to fill the seats, he will go on until he is physically not able to do so and knock on wood I hope that will not happen for a long, long time.

Retire? What he does is not a job to him like a mail carrier, this is his passion; his reason to be. Even without a recording contract, he went out on the road and wrote songs and sang his little socks off.

Yes, he complains about the industry and other things. Most of it is not within his control to change anyway, so he preserveres.

As long as he has the desire and the bottoms to fill the seats, he will go on until he is physically not able to do so and knock on wood I hope that will not happen for a long, long time.

Exactly!

*enjoys picturing his little socks coming off as he sings*

And grow a beard and learn to play golf?

beard, YES! i recommended that months ago!

but i'd rather he released another 'you are the quarry' than discover he'd taken up golf. i'd even listen to it if i thought it'd help.

beard, YES! i recommended that months ago!

but i'd rather he released another 'you are the quarry' than discover he'd taken up golf. i'd even listen to it if i thought it'd help.
You are such a lier, i know you listen to it when I'm out!

sometimes i forget how much i think morrissey is KEWL. but then i remember and i remembered extra hard yesterday when i switched on the boob tube and I saw all the D BAGS parading around the stage and singin' hosanna for the late Diana Spencer . what the hell is wrong with people?

Back
Top Bottom