Morrissey does not have a record contract

Love the way TTY doesn't elaborate.Blunt or what..:(

Starbucks record label here we come...

who's going to take him now?

So he'll spent the next 5 years in a remote Swedish chalet, and reappear in 2014 with a masterpiece. ;)

...but..but he just had a top 55 smash with 'Swords'...
mmmental.

It's just struck me that we'll never hear those other songs recorded for Refusal now, as they belong to Universal. I was Bully, I'm Looking Forward, Teresa Teresa - and maybe one more.

Peter

His ongoing problems or disputes with current and past record companies is somewhat annoying, isn't it? I mean it already prevented the Hollywood Bowl release, that's quite sad really. I mean Moz obviously IS not the most easy guy to deal with but THIS really is ridiculous. Is anything known about how the two sides parted ways? At least one of them must have been unhappy or they'd have renewed their contract I guess... :squiffy:

Happens again and again.

it's actually quite different this time.
the sales for YOR have been pretty disastrous.
Quarry sold 1.2 million, worldwide, ROTT about 600,000 and YOR between 200-300,000.
with that kind of trajectory, he'll be very lucky to get a conventional deal with a major label, unless he waits 4 or 5 years to try and recreate the pre-Quarry hype.

Isn't it about time he had a change of Manager too?

it's actually quite different this time.
the sales for YOR have been pretty disastrous.
Quarry sold 1.2 million, worldwide, ROTT about 600,000 and YOR between 200-300,000.
with that kind of trajectory, he'll be very lucky to get a conventional deal with a major label, unless he waits 4 or 5 years to try and recreate the pre-Quarry hype.

Now THAT does explain a lot and at the same time I must try hard not to start complaining yet again about how GREAT music is in no way appreciated anymore with morrissey selling 200 thousand albums while XX (insert any random pop singer here) sells millions of albums (or at least still top the charts even not selling as much as they might have 10 years ago)!

Back
Top Bottom