Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

I don't think this is the time to bitch about Morrissey cancellations. How bout making a thread in the pigsty for that.

Whatever you do, don't make it about you and your disappointment as thousands of fans sit here worried about his health. thanks.

In fairness I haven't seen anyone bitching about cancellations on this thread. We're not that insensitive!

I can't stand this!

Oh, poor him. He must have been scared.

I wish they'd tell us everything they know... And soon. :tears:

EDIT: Sorry I'm babbling. I have a need to feel connected to everyone right now. Sorry.

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage

I was in there and the announcement he would not return was made shortly after 8:30. Most people were filing out within minutes.

Shocking news. That he was already ailing with something yesterday, mentioning 'morphine' whether joking or not, is something. :pray:

Leonard Cohen collapsed on stage earlier this year, but turned out to be only food poisoning. Let's hope it's something as minor as this in Morrissey's case, and hope for a speedy recovery.

Assuming he is okay - which, clearly, I hope with all my being that he is - I hope to f*** that he cancels the rest of this tour. No one wants to see an ailing Morrissey wobbled onstage and sweat through his set when he could be at home looking after himself and getting on track to resolve the health problems that have very obviously been bothering him for an extended period.

And yes, I have standing tickets for the RAH, yes, I have travel booked etc, etc. But I don't want to see a sick man damage himself for my entertainment. Why would I possibly desire a below par show from an unwell Morrissey who would be better served working on his well-being?

This.

In fairness I haven't seen anyone bitching about cancellations on this thread. We're not that insensitive!

hmmm that was a response to someone who was going on about never going to another show again and this and that... I see they took the post down, or someone did. Sorry.... obviously it does not apply anymore... which is good. I got pissed reading that comment... but it was there. Some person who has tickets for two more shows saying how he is done buying tickets because its become too frequent and intolerable. Some jerk..

It sounds like when I pass out and get taken to hospital. Doctors poke me for an hour, take blood, monitor me, tell me to lie still and gather my stregnth.

The fact that they're waiting an hour to release more news could be a positive thing.

Please be well, Morrissey.

I'm hoping this as well, having been in a 'clutch chest and pass out' situation before that was not life-threatening in any way.

Please feel better, Squishy. You're my #1. :tears:

The Wiltshire post thing has been updated:

The singer, whose real name is Steven Patrick Morrissey, had been taken by ambulance to Great Western Hospital.

A spokesman said doctors have examined the singer and are at present talking to his management team. More details will be released in an hour.

hmmm that was a response to someone who was going on about never going to another show again and this and that... I see they took the post down, or someone did. Sorry.... obviously it does not apply anymore... which is good. I got pissed reading that comment... but it was there. Some person who has tickets for two more shows saying how he is done buying tickets because its become too frequent and intolerable. Some jerk..

For once we agree. Jerks.

Just got back from from the show. Was in the middle about 5 people back.

He sang This Charming Man, seemed in good voice, then as the song ended before I knew it it looked like somone was being carried off the stage to the right as we looked, then the band followed pretty immediately.

After about 10 minutes a roadie came out and asked everyone to be patient.

House lights came up a bit, then about another 30 minutes later the same roadie came out and said Morrissey had left the building and that we should keep our tickets for refunds (not my prime concern at that point!) and then ended by saying "He is seriously ill."

A few idiots shouted complaints but not many.

Ironically, when Morrissey came on stage, he said "Good evening... Possibly."

Get well soon.

some jerk posted an insensitive comment about morrissey. can't remember who. anyways the point is that he should get better, i mean seriously, i don't get why people complain about his performance saying he's subpar. just consider yourself lucky that you got to see him.

This will be the longest hour ever.

Moreover, if doctors are constantly examinating, doesn't this mean that they are checking whether or not the treatmen/medication is working as it should.

Ahh gotcha. :blushing:

from twitter: "adamredman": Morrissey 'condition described as stable', according to Sky News.

It's running along the bottom of the screen - 'condition described as stable'.

Just got back from from the show. Was in the middle about 5 people back.

He sang This Charming Man, seemed in good voice, then as the song ended before I knew it it looked like somone was being carried off the stage to the right as we looked, then the band followed pretty immediately.

After about 10 minutes a roadie came out and asked everyone to be patient.

House lights came up a bit, then about another 30 minutes later the same roadie came out and said Morrissey had left the building and that we should keep our tickets for refunds (not my prime concern at that point!) and then ended by saying "He is seriously ill."

A few idiots shouted complaints but not many.

Ironically, when Morrissey came on stage, he said "Good evening... Possibly."

Get well soon.

Me and Suej have just got in from the Oasis and i can confirm that this is the most accurate description of events so far.....

:) Stable. Unlike the rest of us.

Can someone get my clothes out of the dryer before they wrinkle, plskthx.

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom