Morrissey and BPD

I think the odds are that Drama J and the BPD. Read this:
quote-people-say-to-me-do-you-dye-your-hair-and-i-say-well-does-f-king-siouxsie-sioux-does-johnny-marr-119-1-0169.jpg

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: is NOT a decent haircut. He may be totally gone.:crazy:

Not to explain his political opinions, but to throw light over his behaviour and personality :)
well I don't know, m Morrissey seems to have a strong sense of self. We who suffer from bpd goes tend not to know who we are

:blushing:

No, he is not borderline... people with borderline are scum of the earth... if you ever have had a relationship with borderline you would know that... and whatever Morrissey is - he is not a borderline...
Scum of the eart h?? It's a mental disorder which I must presume you know nothing about. It's basically the inability to regulate one's emotions which leads to self loathing and self destruction. It's also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder or complex post traumatic disorder. I'm sorry if you've had a bad relationship with a person suffering from bpd but not all borderline are the same, any psychiatrist will tell you that.

I'm used to stigma.:tears:

Guess I'll be going now.

Scum of the eart h?? It's a mental disorder which I must presume you know nothing about. It's basically the inability to regulate one's emotions which leads to self loathing and self destruction. It's also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder or complex post traumatic disorder. I'm sorry if you've had a bad relationship with a person suffering from bpd but not all borderline are the same, any psychiatrist will tell you that.

I'm used to stigma.:tears:

Guess I'll be going now.

Oh, yes… that’s something you people are truly masters of… playing the victim… always the victim, never a villain…

Half of the psychiatrists/psychologists wouldn’t even work with BPD patients because they know there is enormous shitstorm just waiting to happen… and not a single one of them wouldn’t touch you with a ten-foot pole in private life…

People are taught to be afraid of spiders, snakes, psychopaths with guns… nobody prepares you for the hell of BPD…

Yes, you’re right, BPD people are not all the same… twisted, lying, manipulative caracters, with no sense of responsibility or any basic moral in their action – BPD people are in range from being totally destructive for those poor bastards in their reach - to the pure evil… there is nothing good ever happening in the long run, just pain and suffering for their families, friends and partners… people around dropping like flies, essentially…

And every single one bpd character claims to be good, to work on self-improvement, blah blah blah… the trick is that you’re going to the grave with your BPD, if you have one... it’s incurable.

http://gettinbetter.com/articles.html

From The Severed Alliance:

Whereas Jackie was sporty, outgoing and confident, Steven often seemed introspective and over-sensitive. "Jackie had a terrific personality but, to me, Steven was like an awkward kid," his father says. The 'awkwardness' manifested itself in occasional tantrums, which were disconcerting to observe. Whereas other kids on the streets enjoyed the rough and tumble horseplay of everyday life, Steven did not like to be teased or even touched. "Steven would start punching wild, kicking and not being able to control his fists. This was when he was five, six and seven."

I think Morrissey is just a highly sensitive being. when you say sensitive people think emotionally, but a person who is emotionally sensitive can be physically/sensorily sensitive as well. often the two go together. I myself am sensitive to sensory data, not as much now as I used to be, but when I was little the slightest thing--a smell, a noise--could send me into a fit of rage. the sensory world was very threatening and I would do anything to avoid any little threat. people could've interpreted my violent avoidant behaviour any number of ways: they might have thought I was from a troubled home, that I had some kind of psychological disorder, but none of it was true. I was just just really sensitive to my physical environment. I still am a little, like for example I would like to go and stab the man downstairs in the face for infiltrating the upstairs with the nasty smell of his pot smoke, but generally I'm pretty equanimous these days. so, I mean, not everything is a disorder waiting to be diagnosed. it's just what makes people who they are that some things that may slide over some people like silk, grate on others like sandpaper.

I think Morrissey is just a highly sensitive being. when you say sensitive people think emotionally, but a person who is emotionally sensitive can be physically/sensorily sensitive as well. often the two go together. I myself am sensitive to sensory data, not as much now as I used to be, but when I was little the slightest thing--a smell, a noise--could send me into a fit of rage. the sensory world was very threatening and I would do anything to avoid any little threat. people could've interpreted my violent avoidant behaviour any number of ways: they might have thought I was from a troubled home, that I had some kind of psychological disorder, but none of it was true. I was just just really sensitive to my physical environment. I still am a little, like for example I would like to go and stab the man downstairs in the face for infiltrating the upstairs with the nasty smell of his pot smoke, but generally I'm pretty equanimous these days. so, I mean, not everything is a disorder waiting to be diagnosed. it's just what makes people who they are that some things that may slide over some people like silk, grate on others like sandpaper.

Although to be fair that sounds like Autism waiting to be diagnosed. Note wrong with not being diagnosed either mind. We are what we are.

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist; there is a lot of labelling and diagnosis of both conditions. Cynical me thinks when children or adolescents have challenging behavious (age 5+) - parents are at their wits end (understandably) so want to know what's wrong. The young person is then assessed by CAMHS or educational services and a lot of quite subjective assesments happen to get them extra help at school and often medicated. I genuinely believe if a child has Autism it would have been evident pre school age. Adolescents and young children may just be challenging because of environmental factors, trauma or bullying (not always of course).

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist; there is a lot of labelling and diagnosis of both conditions. Cynical me thinks when children or adolescents have challenging behavious (age 5+) - parents are at their wits end (understandably) so want to know what's wrong. The young person is then assessed by CAMHS or educational services and a lot of quite subjective assesments happen to get them extra help at school and often medicated. I genuinely believe if a child has Autism it would have been evident pre school age. Adolescents and young children may just be challenging because of environmental factors, trauma or bullying (not always of course).

The trouble is that when you're a parent with a child you most likely haven't got a clue what autism is. So with my boy he was persistently having tantrums and was incredibly obsessive and also overly sensitive to his environment but we just put it down to he'll grow out of it. Teachers always commented on how they dealt with him differently to other kids until one day the headmaster started talking about Aspergers matter of factly as if we'd know. This was when he was about 9. My response was to go home and spout about how ridiculous what he said was and no way was my child autistic. My wife over the period of probably 3 months drip fed me information until the penny dropped. To be fair people (My step mum who is a special needs teacher and my wife's mum's cousin, also a special needs teacher) had suggested it to her in the past but she'd never really run it by me. Now it's obvious he was always autistic and I feel a bit guilty now for treating him like a naughty child for all of those years. Now he's a lovely 15 year old that has been through the mill but has come out alright but is still undeniably autistic.

I can't speak for all kids but for him the process of diagnosis was very thorough and I don't think anyone took it lightly or looked at it as an excuse for what he was. It was just obvious, even to me, that he had Aspergers once I knew what Aspergers was.

Anyway, my point is that with hindsight it probably is obvious that your child has always been autistic but that doesn't happen until you're told at whatever age it is that your child gets diagnosed.

Speaking from experience, it's an incredibly lengthy process to get your child properly diagnosed even if you pick up on it from the start. The ethos in schools these days leans towards 'everybody is normal, there are no problems', and this can pervade even within the health service so you have to really persist. The autistic spectrum is called that for a reason - it's a scale, and we're all on it somewhere, so there is no one standard presentation of autism/Asperger's. I have three quite challenging children for different reasons, but only one of them was very obviously not 'standard issue'. I think the difference between classic AS behaviours and other emotional-based problems is quite apparent. There are, for instance, unusual sensory sensitivities, obsessive interests and behaviours, a particular way of looking (or not looking) at people and a kind of social awkwardness which is quite distinct - which I think are some of the reasons why Morrissey is often linked with this disorder.

I don't want to undermine your experiences or opinions - as you've first hand experiences as parents. I just would be very cautious of saying someone is Autistic or BPD if you've never met them. As you've said it was evident with your kids pre school that their was something troubling your child. Anxiety and tantrums are closely linked as you say they are V sensitive to all sorts of triggers and get V anxious so become V angry. I absolutely dont know Moz personally but has had a successful long standing career so appears to function highly. He's never been a particular nice person but that Ok plenty of us aren't however he has great understanding of the human condition. I understand if you have BPD or Autism this would be challenging. It's only my opinions and I'm no expert of course.

You are a skid mark
:head-smack:

Left wing loons INVENTED that autistic stuff.:rolleyes: Everyday they invent a new loony LOON ailment.
If your son is 16 years old and draws naked dudes hes not autistic. LOLLL:laughing:

I don't want to undermine your experiences or opinions - as you've first hand experiences as parents. I just would be very cautious of saying someone is Autistic or BPD if you've never met them. As you've said it was evident with your kids pre school that their was something troubling your child. Anxiety and tantrums are closely linked as you say they are V sensitive to all sorts of triggers and get V anxious so become V angry. I absolutely dont know Moz personally but has had a successful long standing career so appears to function highly. He's never been a particular nice person but that Ok plenty of us aren't however he has great understanding of the human condition. I understand if you have BPD or Autism this would be challenging. It's only my opinions and I'm no expert of course.
That's okay Scotty. And you're right, we don't know. Although, when you've been in close proximity with ASD, as a parent or family member, you can generally spot it a mile off in others because the behaviour is quite distinctive. It's my view that Morrissey has something like this, although exactly what I couldn't say. I think he understands his own human condition intimately, but I'm not sure about anybody else's.

What's distinctive specifically about Moz behaviour makes you think he's Autistic?

How about :frogface: being autistic. With the:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and the brown ear hair flaps. Hardly normal behavior.
How about his insistence in continuing to sing!!!!:hearnoevil:
How about his "CALLING THE COMET":drama: to 'blow us up and reset us"? None of the above qualifies as normal:crazy:

How about :frogface: being autistic. With the:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: and the brown ear hair flaps. Hardly normal behavior.
How about his insistence in continuing to sing!!!!:hearnoevil:
How about his "CALLING THE COMET":drama: to 'blow us up and reset us"? None of the above qualifies as normal:crazy:

Go sit on a spike.

Ps, you're obviously autistic but we won't label you as we don't want all autistic people to look c***ish.

Back
Top Bottom