Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY’S RE-BIRTH DAY !" (May 22, 2024)

images (1).jpeg

"When you consider how many people have tried their best to kill me off, today feels like a great victory!

Still here, still me, still ready." M

(Image used was originally a Happy Birthday Bruce Lee post online).

Related item:

Whilst I would like a 're-birth' of Morrissey's career (which is what I expect this refers to), I really can't see that happening in any meaningful way without a major attitude adjustment from the man himself. A complete dumping of his old attitudes and approaches - that kind of 're-birth' would provide dividends, but sadly I don't see a 65 year old man changing his ways. I expect he will continue to do everything in his power to derail his own career, then blame everyone else. At this point, he's completely set on self-destruction - all we can do is sit back and watch the carnage.

Whilst I would like a 're-birth' of Morrissey's career (which is what I expect this refers to), I really can't see that happening in any meaningful way without a major attitude adjustment from the man himself. A complete dumping of his old attitudes and approaches - that kind of 're-birth' would provide dividends, but sadly I don't see a 65 year old man changing his ways. I expect he will continue to do everything in his power to derail his own career, then blame everyone else. At this point, he's completely set on self-destruction - all we can do is sit back and watch the carnage.
Don’t use up all your positive thoughts and good wishes in one day! Save some for the rest of the year!

This conversation has prompted me to consider whether Morrissey has ever contemplated the fascinating concept Keats described as Negative Capability:

" When a man is capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact and reason " - as defined by Keats in a letter from 1817.

' Negative capability encourages us to keep an open mind and always consider the possibility that we may be wrong '

Associated article below for reference:

It's a radical, liberating and pioneering idea.

Negative capability supports ‘reflective inaction’, that is, the ability to resist dispersing into defensive routines.

Morrissey himself wrote many years ago about the 'cemented minds' presiding over Manchester schools....

Keats had presented negative capability as an antidote more than one hundred years prior.

When he came up with his definition, Keats was trying to capture in words the state of mind that underpins the creative genius of high achieving individuals, especially in literature. This was the culmination of a sequence of attempts to describe the ‘prime essential’ of a poet.

The quality that marks out the artist – Shakespeare especially, he says – is Negative Capability. He defines this as consisting of a passive openness to the full range of human experience (“uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts”) without any imposition of preconceived notions, preresolved ideas or language: “without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”. Once again, the best way to understand this is through Keats’ word “watchfulness”, an attentiveness to the true nature of experiences.

In yet another foray into these ideas, he experiments with the word “disinterestedness”. This again implies the absence of a forceful or dominating self, full of preconceived ideas, words, precepts. Writing to his brother George, Keats says “complete disinterestedness” is a difficult goal. He admits he is himself “far” from it, though personally and in social terms he believes it “ought to be carried to its highest pitch”

Last edited:
I can say whatever I want, it's that they don't tolerate people's thoughts, that's why I come here less and less. I find people aggressive, mean. Before, the site was much better. Lots of old vinegars

Morrissey looks great in the picture. I'm sure if he was unhappy with it a) he wouldn't have had it published in the first place and b) he would've asked Jesse to take it down. Chill your beans and try not being so negative for once, just once!

Last edited:
Morrissey looks great in the picture. I'm sure if he was unhappy with it, he wouldn't have a) had it published in the first place and b) would've asked Jesse to take it down. Chill your beans and try not being so negative for once, just once!
Ok, it's okay after all no.es so serious, and if it doesn't bother Moz, I think it makes him noisy... But, well. . Best regards. Everything is fine

Morrissey looks great in the picture. I'm sure if he was unhappy with it, he wouldn't have a) had it published in the first place and b) would've asked Jesse to take it down. Chill your beans and try not being so negative for once, just once!
He wouldn't have would've asked Jesse to take it down?

I am wondering what this re-birth and claims people tried to kill him are all about. He got equally dramatic about getting BOT back saying something like it was a bloody battle that not many would have survived.
The hyperbole is just childish and self pitying. He is a privileged white male millionaire, imagine if he had actually suffered any hardship in his ivory tower of indulgence that insulates him from real life. Apparently he has some complaints about growing up too, like he had to actually get a job or something then decided he did not want to work and mommy let him live in his childhood bedroom. (I never use the 'privileged white male' label lightly, because it's overused and misapplied, but it applies to him)
I think, he's still referring to the 3-4 people in GB who are supposedly deliberately trying to ruin his career. He survived them and was reborn. And then nothing more happened....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom