Question Maladjusted favourite lyrics

All the things you love

Still running round
Including bonus tracks, which lines from Maladjusted do you enjoy hearing the most? My anxiety is bad today so it's all negative stuff for me.

For me:
Maladjusted - With my hands on my head, I flop on your bed, with a head full of dread, for all I've ever said

Wide to Receive: I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - And the looks you gave, so meaningful, they are all so suddenly meaningless

It's quite a gentle album, which is nice. Instrumentally it actually reminds me a bit of The Pretenders in places. I like it here in this forum. Everyone's funny and mainly kind.

It's always somewhere in the back of my mind :
:handpointdown:
And there is no law of averages here
If you feel down
Then you're bound to stay down

My only mistake is I’m hoping

If I see you and I tell you how I watched you
Don’t make fun of me later, I’m just lost

Jeer the lights and the windows
Of all safe and stable homes
But wondering, then,
Well, what could peace of mind be like?

It's always somewhere in the back of my mind :
:handpointdown:
And there is no law of averages here
If you feel down
Then you're bound to stay down
I'm autistic so sometimes I don't know what common sayings mean haha, like law of averages, so I had to look it up just now. It makes sense. Everyone thinks it's gonna get better for everyone and sometimes it doesn't. I think it almost always can though, but we need other people to help and understand.

Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it
Faced with the music, as always I'll face it
In the half-light
So English, frowning
Then at midnight I
Can't get you out of my head
A disenchanted taste
Still running 'round
A disenchanted taste
Still running 'round

Arguably my favourite album with so many good songs with great lines and impeccable delivery.

Ammunition is my favourite Moz song. And still sadly never done live.

Once I was complete and
Safe within your heart
Me - with a preference for
Making things worse

So, now I am a was
Now I am a was
I started at the top
And I worked my way down

Once I was so smugly
Foremost in your thoughts
Me - with a talent for
Making you cry

@All the things you love - you mentioned it is quite a gentle album. I agree. To me it kind of says, without saying it, “Here I am. This is me. Take it or leave it.” The original album cover gives off that vibe, as do a lot of the honest lyrics. I can’t say I skip a track.

The reissue shouldn’t have omitted any songs and just added all of the b-sides as a second disc, and retained Sorrow Will Come In The End. Should’ve also retained the original cover.

It reminds me of rainy, overcast days in my youth.

I don’t get along with myself
And I’m not too keen on anyone else

Hearing those words as a depressed 17-year-old living in a rainy small town in Sweden, almost completely incapable of relating to people around me, was a revelation. I thank God for Maladjusted. What an album.

Haven't we all?
Life can be stifling at times.
And isn't it great that we have invented social media to make it even more so?

meh, just plug in a fan, open the windows or something.

Arguably my favourite album with so many good songs with great lines and impeccable delivery.

Once I was complete and
Safe within your heart
Making things worse

So, now I am a was
Now I am a was
I started at the top
And I worked my way down

Once I was so smugly
Me - with a talent for
Making you cry

@All the things you love - you mentioned it is quite a gentle album. I agree. To me it kind of says, without saying it, “Here I am. This is me. Take it or leave it.” The original album cover gives off that vibe, as do a lot of the honest lyrics. I can’t say I skip a track.

The reissue shouldn’t have omitted any songs and just added all of the b-sides as a second disc, and retained Sorrow Will Come In The End. Should’ve also retained the original cover.

Love your thoughts on this. Like I said to another comment about Sorrow Will Come In The End, it appears the chorus to Now I am a Was (So now I am a was etc.) switches between a line of iambs followed by trochees, two of each. It creates a nice rhythm. I like that song because I'm always putting my foot in it by mistake haha. I just ordered the expanded edition.

Once I was complete and
Safe within your heart
Making things worse

So, now I am a was
Now I am a was
I started at the top
And I worked my way down

Once I was so smugly
Me - with a talent for
Making you cry

Balls, I pressed post before I was finished. I'm sad that I will be missing two tracks from the original, but I can do without Roy's Keen. I'd still like it for the sake of completion, and it might grow on me. I think he was really dejected in this period. You can hear it. I think it's best summed up on Do Your Best And Don't Worry. And yes, the gentleness of tracks like Wide To Receive are just bliss. Wide, wiiide wiiide

Tags
bonus tracks lyrics maladjusted
Back
Top Bottom