Question Maladjusted favourite lyrics

Including bonus tracks, which lines from Maladjusted do you enjoy hearing the most? My anxiety is bad today so it's all negative stuff for me.

For me:
Maladjusted - With my hands on my head, I flop on your bed, with a head full of dread, for all I've ever said

Wide to Receive: I don't get along with myself, and I'm not too keen on anyone else

The Edges Are No Longer Parallel - And the looks you gave, so meaningful, they are all so suddenly meaningless

It's quite a gentle album, which is nice. Instrumentally it actually reminds me a bit of The Pretenders in places. I like it here in this forum. Everyone's funny and mainly kind.

King Leer is my favorite, #1 Moz Solo song, to me! I think everyone here on Solo knows this about me by now, LOL.

Sing Your Life has also inspired me so much to sing more loudly and clearly, even if my husband can hear me; trying not to care anymore. I'm awfully shy, too, even though I wish I wasn't.
I was singing The Headmasters Ritual the other day while blow drying my hair, and later in the day him and I were briefly talking about Morrissey, my husband says, "it sounds like Morrissey had really bad experiences in school and was sexual abused and hurt by his teachers." I knew at that moment he was listening to me sing it because I've never told him that before. Unless he's secretly getting into the Smiths without me knowing. 😂

Anyway.. 🥴

Oops, this conversation isn't about Maladjusted, I have a feeling it'll be moved to "Off Topic". 🥺 Bye.

...Off the rails I was and off the rails I was happy to stay!!!
Funnily enough Maladjusted is similar to Kill Uncle in that it's underrated by critics' and casual fans. There, back on topic haha. Moz also discusses possible parental neglect/childhood difficulties on I Can Have Both. It was the first track from Mal that I fell for. I struggle to spend money on myself, rarely being frivolous and the track is partly about that.

lol, there is a b-side from Maladjusted just for this predicament.

Staring in the window of the shop that never opens
Planning my selection from all the treats inside
Should I take as I desire - oh shall I, oh shall I ?
Or should I hang around to be enticed inside ?

I'm trying to explain to myself
I can have both
I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
I can have both
I can have both
There's nobody around to say no
Who've brain-washed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know he can have both

Smiling through the window to the one who never serves you
I've not been feeling myself tonight
Should I take as I feel like it - well shall I, oh shall I ?
Or should I wait and hope to be dragged inside ?
Oh...

I'm trying to explain to myself
I can have both
I'm trying to explain to the voice inside
I can have both
I can have both
There's nobody around to say no
Who've brain-washed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know he can have both

I can have both
There's no need to choose
Because
I can have both
I can have both
Because
I can have both
I can have both
Oh! I just made a comment about this one too. So underrated. The guitar outro is a bit heavy handed though.

Papa Jack is a closely-observed emotionally-charged drama, with the music suiting the lyric

The dying day
The chilly sun...
But there was a time
When the kids reached up

Even more effective:

I need you, simple words
But words which had never been heard
By the soul
Stoned to death, but still living

And so he froze where he stood
And he looked to the ground
And he cried
He cried

Papa Jack is a closely-observed emotionally-charged drama, with the music suiting the lyric

The dying day
The chilly sun...
But there was a time
When the kids reached up

Even more effective:

I need you, simple words
But words which had never been heard
By the soul
Stoned to death, but still living

And so he froze where he stood

And he looked to the ground
And he cried
He cried
"The chilly sun," I like that line. When you finally get outside at 5pm and the sun is fading and you wish you hadn't wasted your afternoon.

Tags
bonus tracks lyrics maladjusted
Back
Top Bottom