Morrissey Central "KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY FALL DOWN" (February 17, 2024)

“Not free of blame” is, to me, a severe understatement.

Yes, agree as the pandemic affected everyone, not just Morrissey. It was a level playing field on that count.

The album flopped because Morrissey didn't use all the other available means of promotion that other bands did and he couldn't get airplay either.

or if he designed Dog, WP, etc. or has much to do with Central.
Liam Lynch has provided the 'art' for the last 2 released albums & Bonfire.
WP was a staged Donnie photo.
Why: 🤷
FWD.

Yes, agree as the pandemic affected everyone, not just Morrissey. It was a level playing field on that count.

The album flopped because Morrissey didn't use all the other available means of promotion that other bands did and he couldn't get airplay either.

Agree. But Morrissey being who he is, i.e., not using other forms of promotion, the shutdown was a contributing factor that can’t be ruled out.

I find it hard to take a post from Moz Central seriously when it lists multiple videos and songs. It's scatterbrained. I prefer to focus and go deep on one (keep your filthy replies to yourselves!).
Ah it's 1.18am here so who cares. I just wish....well remember back around Southpaw Grammar Moz said how he now prefers to say things in an unambiguous way. Well I wish he took that approach on Moz Central. Turn off the dry ice machine, unscrew the red bulbs, and tell us something clearly for once.
Except he tends to be ambiguously unambiguous :confused: doh::D

politics is so toxic these days that radio stations would rather play gary glitter than someone who has a different slant than their own.i wouldnt want his songs anywhere near middle of the road radio 2.
people who are now djs.
rylan-absolute twat with the whitest and biggest teeth in britain.
emma bunton-former spice girl.
carol vorderman-former brainbox who denies she had a boob job and everyone knows she has.
dermot o leary-full time bawbag.
zoe ball-a person who lost a million listeners and got a million pound pay rise.
liza tarbuck-rather have jimmy tarbuck.
alan carr-used to be funny,
vernon kay-a guy whos career was over and ate a camels dick on the jungle show and now hes a dj.
graham norton-how much money does one person need.
cerys mathews-geez peace.
guy garvie-elbow singer,would rather have tennis elbow.
iggy pop-is on radio 6 today at 4,oh how the mighty have fallen.
i could be here till midnight but this just shows how radio has been taken over by utter dug meat in the last ten years,anyone can get a job as a dj if you have the right agent.
was just looking at the epg on my tv and steve wright is on radio 2 at 9 this morning,you never know the minute,for anybody not from here,he died during the week.
I do like Lisa though. I can't place her father, except for the name. Was he talented? She's good fun and easy company if you're about then. She admitted her big debt to Steve Wright as a mentor during her early days on air. Was Nicky Wire in instead of Iggy on Sunday? Not merely his legs?
“Not free of blame” is, to me, a severe understatement.

How can you say, he goes about things the wrong way?

I like Dog better than WP as well. Both came cheaply packaged with some of the worst cover art in Morrissey's career. That is another thing that I can't wrap my head around: how did someone with such great taste in creating album covers become so bad? Makes you wonder if Morrissey actually did design those iconic Smiths albums.
I just think it’s symptomatic of his current lackadaisical condition. The same thing has happened with his lyrics. And other things…

Except he tends to be ambiguously unambiguous :confused: doh::D

I do like Lisa though. I can't place her father, except for the name. Was he talented? She's good fun and easy company if you're about then. She admitted her big debt to Steve Wright as a mentor during her early days on air. Was Nicky Wire in instead of Iggy on Sunday? Not merely his legs?

How can you say, he goes about things the wrong way?
he was an old time comedian from the 70s,he used to compere sunday night at the palladium and the royal variety performance.dont mind liza either although i find upstart crow very unfunny.

Completely right here Shazz. This said, I personally think that Mozz is tech savvy, I mean he ain’t that dumb to press a few buttons, is he ?
And as we all know, Mozz is an intelligent
Man.
You could be correct with Sam doing the leg work, and, or having some input.
I would imagine that Young Sam, trawls the net for pictures, images, scrawling of all things Morrissey, then shows them to Mozz,
And if Mozz likes them… then it’s on
Central.
I cannot, and will not believe, that anyone else has control of anything that is posted on central, other than Morrissey.
I think M lets Sam put a lot of stuff on there without approval, stuff like people covering M songs , stupid ass fan type stuff , moz mentions in the media , pop stars and hip hop artists in m or smiths. Tshirts , all Sam . But I think anything political is purely from M, then M picks the odd thing he wants to highlight here and there . The project was Sam’s to begin with . Sam wanted to be more involved , it was him elbowing True To You out the way once and for all . The irony is some wealthy yank mainlined smiths / m world way more than Ms nephew ever fecking could and I couldn’t stand Julia . Had a few run ins with her

Les…. Dog, I thought his best album in years, just didn’t sell that well 😞
And Covid had nothing to do with that.
As we all know, if an artist doesn’t put the promo shit in, then that’s their issue.
Me and my eldest daughter seen him at
The Hydro, days just covid kicked in,
Black curtains all along the top tiers,
I asked an attendant why there was black curtains, I was informed that the Hydro at Glasgow just hadn’t sold out by about
3 thousand.
My first indication that Mozz was on the decline, ticket wise.
Nothing will change if Bonfire ever gets
A release.
That’s been happening for years , it just got worse
in the 90s his audience went walk about in the uk but he played smaller venues . For some reason he keeps booking venues way too fecking big . They have been giving tickets away when he plays Manchester Area and Hollywood Bowl For years . He has pretty much always been an acquired taste , it’s just sometimes he becomes in fashion again like Quarry . I think when Brit pop came along and he had competition from Liam and Noel and Brett , Jarvis , Damon etc , he seemed to think I’ll show this lot I’m going to play to American fame and that’s what he seems most interested in. I think it’s his fecking downfall

I think when Brit pop came along and he had competition from Liam and Noel and Brett , Jarvis , Damon etc , he seemed to think I’ll show this lot I’m going to play to American fame and that’s what he seems most interested in. I think it’s his fecking downfall

I've never understood his affinity for the US despite hearing interviews where he explains why he left England in the 1990s. He does seem so English, yet never seems to spend much time there - though of course I can only rely on media reporting. Much of what he says never fully rings true with me though; I'm not saying he's lying, he strikes me as a bit lost. Or is it part of a contrived mystery to protect himself?

If you are referring to me, I KNOW I can write better lyrics than his recent duds. You probably can too...well, maybe not you, but most people.
i would love to see these lyrics,might be decent,who knows.

Back
Top Bottom