Hyde Park 4th July

Re: Morrissey to headline Wireless 2008 ~ July 3rd

Morrissey in Hyde Park? ugh no thanks. He should stick to playing football there. Has anyone ever actually been to a decent gig at Hyde Park?

It would be cool if he performed at Monsters of Rock at Castle Donington:D

when are they going to announce it, those silly swines

when are they going to announce it, those silly swines

also waiting..but No news :mad::tears:

from the lack of anxiety over the delay i assume theres not many people who hold out much hope

for those who are interested, they've switched it from "to be announced on feb. 25" to "to be announced soon."

any news or did i missed something?:eek::)

I put the link of O2 official site on page 1, you can check info from there.

Apperently it seems Morrissey isn't taking part in this.

oh, thank you..yes..now that i had a look at it..it seems so, unfortunately:tears:..nevertheless i will enjoy my trip:rolleyes:

According to the Wireless website the headliner for July 3rd is due to be announced on February 25th.

joe.

After the early bird price. Naughty!

Older and wiser, at times applies to me.

Maybe the promoter will later say how Morrissey was offered Paul McCartney as a stand in bassist but still said no.

Morrissey has never said he was doing Wireless, just as he never said he was doing IOW. Unless it comes from the horses mouth (via TTY), I'm not buying any rumoured festival dates.

Morrissey has never said he was doing Wireless, just as he never said he was doing IOW. Unless it comes from the horses mouth (via TTY), I'm not buying any rumoured festival dates.

I think the problem with the IOW was that Morrissey did not confirm he was not playing until 4 minutes 27 seconds before he was due on stage.
Given that it was announced exclusively on the festival sponsors own radio station (Virgin) it must have come from somewhere that he was playing. I fail to accept that either Morrissey / record company / manager or other associate did not hear this announcement in the February (or even second hand by March) in order to give fans as much notice as possible that he was not in fact playing.

Jukebox Jury

i've not seen that many good gigs in london , let alone hyde park

I saw the Rolling Stones and Blind Faith there in 1969! It was horrible! I was just a small kid and people SMELLED! YUCK! :(

I saw the Rolling Stones and Blind Faith there in 1969! It was horrible! I was just a small kid and people SMELLED! YUCK! :(

omg..what a horrable imagination..i have nothing against people who smell..but please in a good way:rolleyes:

Having been one of the IOW victims myself (TRAVIS instead of Moz...oh well :rolleyes:), I'll certainly give this one a miss - no matter if he's on the bill or not. I'm waiting for the "proper" concerts to be announced.

I think the problem with the IOW was that Morrissey did not confirm he was not playing until 4 minutes 27 seconds before he was due on stage.
Given that it was announced exclusively on the festival sponsors own radio station (Virgin) it must have come from somewhere that he was playing. I fail to accept that either Morrissey / record company / manager or other associate did not hear this announcement in the February (or even second hand by March) in order to give fans as much notice as possible that he was not in fact playing.

Jukebox Jury

He had spread the word long before that. I heard it and posted such on this site. I then bought a ticket for IOW knowing Morrissey wouldn't be taking part.

Back
Top Bottom