houston, texas - venue - jones hall

^ You don't have to be 25 to rent a car. I'm 22 and I've rented cars before. What happens is that you'll pay an additional 7 bucks a day or so.

I'm down to roll out with you guys. I live in Phoenix and you can crash/shower here.

Ha yeah my friend just informed me about that. she checked with Avis and they said they charge you like 80 bucks extra though. i dont know yet, though, if we will take a flight and rent a car or just drive out there with my car. but anyway, do you want to go to all the TX shows?

they are NOT on sale yet but this is a lil scary:
http://pinkstubs.com/JonesHall-Tickets-HoustonTX.htm

and this is a seating chart of the venue:
joneshall_end.gif

my guess for when tix for this show is 1/24 with a presale of maybe 1/23.

Omigosh
thats insane.
If tickets really are that much I'll be skipping the Houston date.

Edit: I went to the jones hall website and looked at some of the other stuff they have scheduled and usually 1st row tickets go for about $110, $120... I can do that.

I think that site just jacks the prices up really high.

Last edited:
tickets already available? jeez...and yeah NM and El paso are both on sale the 24th..i hope this one isnt that day either...

tickets are not on sale for this show yet.

ugh, looks like we're gonna have to do the whole bundle thing for this show as far as presale is concerned.

question for those who may have done this before, do they offer up all the front row section seats for presale or do they save some for general public sale?

though i'm certain any seat is good as far as the acoustics of the venue, we all know being in the front is the best way to see a mozz show.

as it is, I'm most def gonna have to get the bundle whenever they decide to add austin to the calendar, though the Dallas venue is all GA...right? so bundle isn't necessary.

also, totally unrelated sorta question, do all the album/itunes purchases add to sales figure numbers for the first week of album release?

Mozz may break the top 200 if this is the case, hah.

Treygar - dallas is GA. and Austin is going on sale the 23rd at noon through the UT performing arts center website. i posted a link a page or two back.

I believe that austin, houston, and el paso will have a pit because all of the venues have removable seats up front. so we'll see what happens. and im still confused about how this itunes presale works...anyone?

Last edited:
ugh, looks like we're gonna have to do the whole bundle thing for this show as far as presale is concerned.

question for those who may have done this before, do they offer up all the front row section seats for presale or do they save some for general public sale?

though i'm certain any seat is good as far as the acoustics of the venue, we all know being in the front is the best way to see a mozz show.

as it is, I'm most def gonna have to get the bundle whenever they decide to add austin to the calendar, though the Dallas venue is all GA...right? so bundle isn't necessary.

also, totally unrelated sorta question, do all the album/itunes purchases add to sales figure numbers for the first week of album release?

Mozz may break the top 200 if this is the case, hah.

Trey, the bundle is just for the crap itunes d/l. Not for all the shows.
But what bugs me, is that, i bought a presale ticket to a FLA gig and had to pay the xtra itune d/l, so i still have to purchase that for all the presale gigs????

For those to whom this may apply...

I called TM and asked them about the pre-sale info.

My problem is that i already purchased the iTunes download for another Moz event, and my question to TM was "do I have to purchase it ONCE AGAIN to get the pre-sale tix." Their answer was ... well we're not sure and to contact the "fan club" for more info. I explained to her that (as far as I know) that there isn't any 'fan club' that is putting out these pre-sales and that it was through TM and any chosen venue that this is being done through. She then told me to go ahead and see if i could purchase tix on pre-sale day and if not then i'll have to buy the d/l AGAIN.

To me, this is complete bad marketing. The damn thing has already been leaked, and although I have not d/l'd it, i did the right thing and already purchased the itunes crap. So why do i have to continue to buy the D/L if i want pre-sales.

Does anyone have any answers? How does one get around this? So it does offer another question as Trey has pointed out.. Does Moz get these royalties of the D/L and are they going toward the record sales?

Second, like most, I will purchase the CD when it is available, so Why all this nonsense of d/l 'ing something I will purchase.

Its all just a bunch of crud.. OK.. I had my rant, I deserve a brew.
:guitar:

Anyone know anything about the Austin show?

I can't find a link or any info about tickets, here or elsewhere. The Bass Concert Hall site and Ticketmaster aren't listing anything either. Wondering where you got the 1/24 @ Noon info on tickets, because all my searches come up short. :confused: thx

Anyone know anything about the Austin show?

I can't find a link or any info about tickets, here or elsewhere. The Bass Concert Hall site and Ticketmaster aren't listing anything either. Wondering where you got the 1/24 @ Noon info on tickets, because all my searches come up short. :confused: thx

I emailed them. im looking for the email now but i cant find it. but they said the 23rd at noon. and if you go on their website they say they sell tickets through their own site. but yeah they dont show anthing yet...

Last edited:
wait!! here:

The Morrissey tickets will go on sale at noon on January 23rd. The ticket prices will be $49.50 and $39.50.

Regards,
Marie Herrera
Ticket Services
The University of Texas at Austin
Performing Arts Center
P.O. Box 7818
Austin, TX 78713

I gather that the show in Houston will have a GA pit only. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I hope so.. but you never know.

Tags
twitter
Back
Top Bottom