Do you honestly believe the smiths will ever reunite?

The very fact that a lot of cynical people say that it will happen and that they are just waiting for a bigger paycheque means that Morrissey will never do it. There's no one better at digging his heels in. Even if he wanted to (and I don't think he does) he wouldn't do it on principle now.

Morrissey and Marr yes... but not the Smiths.

The Eagles? The Police? Maybe you don't understand what the Smiths were about.

Please don't get snotty with me.

I was using these bands as an example of re-unions for the 'money' (not that Morrissey would do that!)

I notice you didn't quote the other bands in my post i.e. Velvet Underground Stooges Sex Pistols...

I feel insulted by your comment to be honest...

Morrissey is not above the money... they simply have not offered enough yet.

I am going to have to say no.

BIG TIME NO.

NO!

128339897745781250screwdisno.jpg

;)

Honestly, there is always a possibility that Morrissey and Marr may reunite as long the two are alive. Whether one stays up at night hoping for the day, well...

In the end, I'd imagine they'll both be senile and it will be easy to trick them to wander aimlessly on the same stage together..

Please don't get snotty with me.

I was using these bands as an example of re-unions for the 'money' (not that Morrissey would do that!)

I notice you didn't quote the other bands in my post i.e. Velvet Underground Stooges Sex Pistols...

I feel insulted by your comment to be honest...

Oh, please don't take it personally. I just found it interesting that you would attempt to compare the Smiths with the Eagles and the Police, bands that always seemed to be much more in it for the money. Their reunions seemed nothing but money grabs. And you know, if that's what they want, they want more money, then fine. But they aren't artists anymore.

I honestly believe that Morrissey meant every word he ever sang, and sacrificing that for anything cashable is something he simply could not ever do. Maybe I am naive, maybe not. But I'm not listening to the Eagles or the Police twenty years out of my pop-chart following days.

Oh, please don't take it personally. I just found it interesting that you would attempt to compare the Smiths with the Eagles and the Police, bands that always seemed to be much more in it for the money. Their reunions seemed nothing but money grabs. And you know, if that's what they want, they want more money, then fine. But they aren't artists anymore.

Aren't 99% of reunions money grabs? How often do you see a reunion that actually produces new material that's on par with the group's heyday? Any band that can still put asses in seats at $100 a pop 20 years after their heyday is doing something right.

I honestly believe that Morrissey meant every word he ever sang, and sacrificing that for anything cashable is something he simply could not ever do. Maybe I am naive, maybe not. But I'm not listening to the Eagles or the Police twenty years out of my pop-chart following days.

I won't comment on this.

Never the four of them again. Some sort of other mixture likely.
hmm have read somewhere either morrissey or johnny mentioned that they got an offer for only them both on stage, johnny and morrissey
without "bruce and rick:D" but they declined even though it was a very big sum. so for the money the wont reuinte..no
but nonetheless i think money is an pretty important issue for morrissey anyway *ducks*(but honestly, for most people on this planet it is..) but not concering reuniting the smiths..

Last edited:
I used to live in hope that they would for a long long time, and now to be honest I don't really care.

OK, I'll try not to take it personally...

(I normally like your posts :guitar:)

It's just that you said I don't understand what the Smiths were about - That hurt! (A bit like saying I don't love my first born...)

I'm not listening to the Eagles or the Police either... I just thought it was an interesting comparison to see that bands who swore they would never re-unite seem to all eventually succumb... for the money (usually).

The Eagles are an interesing case actually (and in case you're wondering ... I think that their re-union was the WORST! with the Yves St Laurent suits 'n all... made me want to puke!) But one of the Eagles said he wouldn't re-form until 'hell freezes over' - Well, their re-union tour was called the 'Hell Freezes Over Tour'... what can I say...

All I was saying - and I'm in a minority of ONE here - is that it could happen...

Back
Top Bottom