Conversation with 7-year-old Morrissey fan

Mr. Tibbles

My husband is in Chicago for a meeting and is staying with a couple we knew when we lived in Wichita. The wife is responsible for introducing me to Morrissey's music circa 2000. They have a 7-year-old daughter whom I've never met, but who is apparently falling in love with Morrissey, too. Last night my husband called and said the little girl wanted to talk to me. We discussed our love of cats and her piano lessons, and then I turned the conversation to Morrissey. She said, "Have you seen the picture of him holding the baby in front of him?" I said I had and asked her what she thought of it. "it's funny!" The conversation ended with her telling me she had to hang up because her arm was tired from holding the phone, so I didn't get to pursue it, but it's really nice to know he has such a young fan! And I'm sure she's not the only one.

Aaaw! :thumb:

More cute kids:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY1cX0vodvA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY1cX0vodvA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

A 7 year old Morrissey fan!? Child abuse :eek:

She said, "Have you seen the picture of him holding the baby in front of him?" I said I had and asked her what she thought of it. "it's funny!"

:lbf: Kids are funny!

My son Kyle has been a fan since 3 yrs old, he is 8 now and still a fan.Its good to other little fans out there.And all these people with the bad comments about kids-stop, child abuse is when you don't let your kids get involved.:crazy:

My brother is 7 and he's a big Morrissey fan. He's Been a fan since he was 5.

Thanks to me.

I posted a video a while back of Him singing a morrissey song

YouTube.com/mozluv59

there's a few videos of him there.

It's so nice to see young fans.

My brother has his favorite songs .

It's lovely

My son isn't two yet, but is already showing signs of fandom. Whenever I wear my Southpaw Grammar (reissue) T-shirt, he points enthusiastically at the picture and shouts "Mo!" And occasionally he does the same in the direction of the speakers when Mozzer is on, usually followed by a little dance. Could a father be prouder?

cheers

My son isn't two yet, but is already showing signs of fandom. Whenever I wear my Southpaw Grammar (reissue) T-shirt, he points enthusiastically at the picture and shouts "Mo!" And occasionally he does the same in the direction of the speakers when Mozzer is on, usually followed by a little dance. Could a father be prouder?

cheers

Indeed!

Just wait until he's old enough to sing the lyrics. Good thing fathers are spoken of so flatteringly in Morrissey's lyrics, eh...? :straightface:

:)

cheers

That's so cute! :)

[YOUTUBE]J4bO3UHyGaQ&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]
^longer but a bit more shaky

i wonder if whole idea holding a a baby for the yor cover was in influence after a few fans came from the experience that the fans did hand him their kids on stage on the US tour 2007 ? which as far i have watched these live videos from the smiths onwards to the solo gigs was a first in 2007?
a rough guess of course- a random joe dallesandro pic withjoe holding a child and richardson from the arsenal inlay holding his daughter would be some similar images who came to mind as an influence as well and are more likely- but then- why not? someone mentioned here that morrissey might be influenced by her when creating the artwork for the GH cd cause she recognizes certain styles in the GH cd which she used at her artwork that she handed out to moz at a concert-:thumb:didnt remember anymore who it was exactly beside the person being a she

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed!

Just wait until he's old enough to sing the lyrics. Good thing fathers are spoken of so flatteringly in Morrissey's lyrics, eh...? :straightface:

:)

:lbf: Good God, you're right, I hadn't thought of that. No ROTT for him!

cheers

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY1cX0vodvA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY1cX0vodvA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

More like John and Edward.Poor little sods.

Last edited:
So cute. :D

My 3-year-old sister still loves the "Moreseat". It's only a matter of time before she starts SINGING, which I am desperately hoping for, anytime soon! Just because it'll drive our mother even more insane.

She loves Boz too, mostly because I think he's the only one in the band whose name and face she remembers. :lbf: When I throw a video on everything that comes out of her mouth is "MORESEAT! MORESEAT!" Or "Boz? Where's Boz??"

And Smiths videos still offend her terribly, no matter how much I try she STILL refuses to believe that it's the same man.

My eight year old goes around singing "You Have Killed Me" all the time, and other songs too. She was raised on the Moz!

My son Kyle has been a fan since 3 yrs old, he is 8 now and still a fan.Its good to other little fans out there.And all these people with the bad comments about kids-stop, child abuse is when you don't let your kids get involved.:crazy:

Oh, surely it was made in jest :D
I would've KILLED to have been raised on Moz :blushing:

I can imagine young Moz fans being partial to Years of Refusal.

"Do you want any brocolli?"
"DON'T GIMME ANYMORE!!!!!!"

Back
Top Bottom