Morrissey to host oscars next year?

My friend works for a production company in Manchester, and he has recieved information for next years awards. In the press release it says "to be hosted by Russell Brand and singer Morrissey"??

Re: Morrissey to host oscars next year???

There is no way that could be true.

The Oscars could not be canceled at the last moment.

Still trying to get more info from my mate

Just recieved another text, apparently Steve martin and alec Baldwin have pulled out after a disagreement about money??? So russell was next choice who has invited morrissey to co host with him

My friend works for a production company in Manchester, and he has recieved information for next years awards. In the press release it says "to be hosted by Russell Brand and singer Morrissey"??
I could see them presenting a gong for best sound design in the foreign documentary (short) category.
But hosting?.....
Mind you, if he was this close to dueting with RW at the Brits a few years back, anything is possible really.
Right now I could believe anything in MozWorld.

He never considered duetting with Robbie. RW wrote him a letter asking him to and then used it as a way to get publicity. Morrissey never even answered the letter.

This is a made up story. There is no way Russell Brand is well known enough in the US to even be thought of in connection with the Oscars. Don't be so gullible.

I can't see this happening. Morrissey is wonderful but lacks the suavity and showmanship to host the Oscars--if he could sing the entire show, he could do it. But can you imagine the eyerolling? You at least have to pretend to respect the nominated films and actors.

And Russell Brand's star has not risen high enough. You have to be at least a junior statesman for that.

Last edited:

Still a bit scetchy on the info but, it seems that it may just be an award he's hosting

my mates in a meeting at moment so is just sending quick txts, will get more info when the meetings finished

Last edited:

:rofl::laughing::clap:

With Morrissey's well known love of American cinema, it would be fun to watch just to see him insult the idiots getting the awards.

no way!

They should ask Oprah / Woopie / Queen Latifah / Rosie O'Donell / Ricki Lake.

Last edited:

How are the Oscars any different to the Brit awards and MTV awards he loathes so much? Hope he doesn't do it...

Well, he presented an MTV award to Cafe Tacuba...

Right just got another text of my friend, seems that morrissey will be hosting an award with Russell brand, not the whole ceremony, and also performing a song with an orchestra!!! He's going to send me a copy of the press release when he gets home

Back
Top Bottom