Buenos Aires - DirecTV Arena (Dec. 7, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / First Of The Gang To Die / Break Up The Family / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Hold On To Your Friends / Sunny / Spent The Day In Bed / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Fan photos (4 total) by @AllAccessARG. Link posted by NealCassidy.

45250_buenos_aires.jpg
  • Morrissey Live Review & Photos - South American Tour - KulBritania. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:

Bizarre pre show DJ

Setlist:
William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser on Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now / Back on the Chain Gang / First of the Gang to Die / Break Up the Family / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack the Ripper / Life Is a Pigsty / Hold On to Your Friends / Sunny / Spent the Day in Bed / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Everyday Is Like Sunday.

(https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2018/directv-arena-tortuguitas-argentina-53974f55.html)

Regards,
FWD.

Matt:

Mando:

Regards,
FWD.

I like the sentiment of Paris. About falling in love with stone and steel instead of skin and bone. I also like the tune.

That's a very good point, Thewlis. The haters will likely disagree, but I think Moz pays careful attention to this sort of thing and it's quite likely that he had that exact idea on his mind.

Certainly the BEST Morrissey gig I ever saw (or probably as good a gig I saw in London during the "Your Arsenal" tour).
The coince of the songs was incredibly strange... because his tendency for South American tours has often been concerts of "hits"... this time the set was absolutely filed with songs that probably only the most rabid enthusiasts know (i.e, Dial a cliché, Sunny and others).
He was VERY enthusiast during the whole concert, mostly expressing his happiness to the audience (for some reason he was incredibly happy).
The concert seemed to be mostly devoted to long time fans without the most obvious songs (except a few well know songs like First of the Gang to die or Every Day is Like Sunday).

The concert was amazing.... for some reason he decided to show his most "crooner" side and certainly played most of the songs by far slower than the album versions or the usual live versions... mostly playing them by far slower than he usually plays them.

for some reason the organizers of the show decided to hire a stadium that is quite far away for everyone, so it was very hard to arrive even by car (50 kilometers away for me.... but the road was certainly filled with a caravan of Morrissey enthusiasts, especially the last kilometers).

In short: a remarkable concert... and a weird and very nice choice of not delivering "hit after hit", but probably the songs he really wanted to play.

His voice began to sound a bit strange when he sung "Spent the Day in Bed" (when his voice began to sound a bit harsh or rough)... same thing happened in the next two songs "Something Is Squeezing My Skull", "Everyday Is Like Sunday".... which sounded fantastic, but it somehow felt that he was forcing his voice. I BELIEVE he had planned to sing a few more songs, because the end was a bit strange... but decided not to do it as to protect his voice (the last 3 songs were as marvelous as the rest of the gig, but the voice sounded clearly different, as if he was making an effort)... so probably he decided to leave the stage before forcing his voice. Then again, it's just a theory and the concert was remarkable, fantastic.

Most of the interaction with the audience was him expressing his happiness. for some reason he was in an extremely good mood (which was very nice). The "down-tempo" style of most of the concert was certainly hypnotizing. The place was certainly sold out.. I didn't see the DJ that played before the show, probably I didn't miss anything there, but it was really a burden to arrive to the incredibly unusual stadium that the organizers have chosen.

The sound was perfect, the band played remarkably well too, but changing a lot the arrangement of the songs (with an obvious intention of making them slower, which sounded surprisingly good).

Beyond perfection!

CountThree was there with pearls and boots and dancing and singing to the songs. :p

Gig score: 11 out of 10....!!!!

Viva Morrissey!!!!!!

I like the way the French object to Everything. They seem to come out on strike whenever they feel like it. They seem like a nation that has the right attitude to work, unlike the British who'll work all hours God sends.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom