Buenos Aires - DirecTV Arena (Dec. 7, 2018) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Dec 7, 2018.

By davidt on Dec 7, 2018 at 11:00 PM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / First Of The Gang To Die / Break Up The Family / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Hold On To Your Friends / Sunny / Spent The Day In Bed / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Dec 7, 2018.

1. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      I reckon Meat is Murder with the vid should be part of the set list when The California Son is playing to Mexicans inn nnn n din't inn n nn n it mate.
    2. lanterns
      lanterns
      geilomat!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. TJ Burns
      TJ Burns
      Are there any soundboard recordings from this run of gigs? These set lists remain incredible.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm sorry, you write alot but don't say much. I doubt Moz cut anything short, 21 songs is a good/average night for him. I've been to a bunch of shows, all were 21 or less.
      Now I gotta go and confirm this for myself.
    5. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 2
    6. rifke
      rifke
      do people actually say that in germany? :lbf:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. rifke
      rifke
      happy for you! it's a great feeling, coming back from having seen Morrissey <3
      • Like Like x 2
    8. lanterns
      lanterns
      well, only certain people who are currently in a state of regression. :blushing: must be the christmas season ...
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. Big Fanof Mo
      Big Fanof Mo
      SO HANDSOME
      • Like Like x 1
    10. rifke
      rifke
      or people who have just seen a particularly agreeable picture of herr mozzer
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. lanterns
      lanterns
      oh oh, if it's not the christmas season then it surely is the sneaking cold that made me go to bed early today... cough cough...
      der herr mozzer, der herr mozzer..
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    12. Oh my
      Oh my
      Do you expect a review of each song? :crazy:
      I was returning from a Moz gig and happy!!!!

Yeas, the concert was not "short", it's his average time of playing for sure. It simply happened that his voice was VERY soft and strangely harmonic during the whole concert (which is unusual for Morrissey, he is not famous for always singing on key, but that's part of his charm!)... and then in the last 3 songs it became VERY obvious that his throat got exhausted and his voice began to sound very harsh and it felt that he was truly making an effort as to sing.

I certainly FELT that Every Day in Like Sunday was going to be followed by another song, a last one, but Morrissey decided not to do it in the middle of the song, because he was truly struggling with his voice. Then again, it's a FEELING... impossible to check unless a member of the band or Morrissey himself says it. Nobody was disappointed by such thing anyway.

He was in a very good mood, an excellent mood, during the whole concert.... so the way in which he left the stage was quite WEIRD (the band didn't take a bow, not much "good bye".... and the lights remained in the dark for a while and then they were turned on and the technicians seemed to be a bit lost about what to do -i.e, begin to unplug everything or not). It really FELT as if he had planned to sing an extra song, but decided to avoid it because his voice was getting worst and worst with each song (I mean in the final 3 songs.... the rest of the concert, his voice sounded fantastic).

Here's a video of the final song, I think he improvised a "finale" during the song because he was certainly having a problem with his voice.... but I don't think anyone cared, the concert was a true miracle and Morrissey was fantastic, even more fantastic than ever.

I am sorry for being unable to satisfy your need of I-don¡t-know-what-kind-of.informaton! I was simply writing out of joy! The concert was awesome and very strange (the choice of the songs and the arrangement of them, which was certainly changed a lot, except in a few... i felt that it may be a hint of the direction he is planningto take for his new album of covers).

The part in which he left the stage was not recorded, but it's clear that he was somehow struggling with his voice in the final song... and he left the stage quite abruptly, followed by his band that didn't give a "good bye" either.... so I ASSUME that something happened. Probably he decided to preserve his voice and that's perfectly fine for me.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. Big Fanof Mo
      Big Fanof Mo
      don't worry!! you gave a great report :) thank you :) you're happiness is touching and it carried me away
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Try Anything Twice
      Try Anything Twice
      I appreciate all the details from both you and @countthree Sounds like an amazing night!
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I always feel like a joke went way over my head when I read anything u post. Has anyone given you reason to believe you're in any way clever? No way, right?
      Please try harder. I'll do my best to catch on.
    16. reelfountain
      reelfountain
      So proud of France. A very expressive nation of people.

Hopefully they will soon vote to get out of the technocratic EU just like we did in the UK.
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    17. kleinhond
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Almost looks like a country with toilets and running water. Good of Moz to support the nazi uprising all over Europe and we're all wearing a yellow vest these days. The people have had enough and the race war starts now and Moz is on our side.

19. snoddywilko
      snoddywilko
      Please don’t encourage the simpleton.
    20. snoddywilko
      snoddywilko
      I’ve been picturing Uncleskinny as some sad young virgin who lives at home with his mom, wasting his life spewing bile on here ‘cos he’s terminally unemployable, or something.

After googling Peter Finan & learning that he’s a bitter middle-aged ex-uber fan - with at least a job to go to - just makes his behaviour around here even sadder.

Please, Peter, find something else to do with the remainder of your existence.

If you were an ex-lover of Moz’s you’d have received at least a cease & desist order by now.

Truly tragic.