Buenos Aires - DirecTV Arena (Dec. 7, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / First Of The Gang To Die / Break Up The Family / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Life Is A Pigsty / Hold On To Your Friends / Sunny / Spent The Day In Bed / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Famous when dead.

• Fan photos (4 total) by @AllAccessARG. Link posted by NealCassidy.

45250_buenos_aires.jpg
  • Morrissey Live Review & Photos - South American Tour - KulBritania. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
I reckon Meat is Murder with the vid should be part of the set list when The California Son is playing to Mexicans inn nnn n din't inn n nn n it mate.

I don't think i even have a red shirt... red and my blond hair never matched. It simply makes a terrible combination. A simple black T-shirt (didn't you see the person wearing a plain black T-Shirt????). I saw you with the pearls, the boots and the cloche hat with a purple flower.
Oh, yes, i don't remember to have seen Morrissey so happy before... not even in videos. Hard to say why he was so happy, then again, maybe the simple answer is that he was happy.

The setlist was fantastic, especially because it was not the usual hits, but songs that mostly his true enthusiasts know (with a few exceptions). i loved that choice.

I think it was a sold out, except for the lateral seats at the bottom, absolutely nobody was there... I don't know if they were even for sale, probably not, because nobody was there. I think it was s old out... remember that our laws allow only 1 person per square meter... so it was certainly not like the subway during the busy hours (thankfully!).

Arriving to that WEIRD place was quite an adventure!!!

It was amazing for sure! I feel that the concert finished in an abrupt way.... probably because his voice was sounding a bit forced in the last three songs, so he decided to finish before harming it (it is just a theory, probably one or two more songs were planned, but were cancelled... the technicians looked a bit confused when the whole thing finished, nor there was the usual scene of the whole band taking a bow... maybe he understood that it was better to preserve his voice, which is good... Every day is like Sunday was certainly a great song to finish the concert anyway).

i spent the whole time dancing, probably a lot of the people who went there only knew the hits, which he certainly decided to avoid. Probably a concert more devoted to true fans than people who knows some 3 or 4 songs and went there just because and were waiting for a very predictable setlist of hit after hit. I certainly LOVED the down-tempo style that he gave to most of the songs, which was quite unusual, but sounded incredible. I loved his crooner style.

I told my girlfriend that I TRULY wanted to listen to 3 songs: Dial a cliche, Jack the ripper and Break up the Family... I was lucky, he played the 3 of them!

I certainly loved the direction that he decided to take... I assume it MAY be related to his plans for the new album with covers.
Other than that, it was certainly the BEST concert of him I have ever seen (and I think I saw him playing live a bit more than 10 times). The ones who BELIEVE that he is living his "decadence" are lunatics... he has never played better!!!!

I would like to meet to organizers and thank them... probably a meeting in Chivilcoy or another very "practical" place.... Thankfully the venue had a good sound, but the location was almost a nightmare!

Other than that, it was a dream-like concert!!!!!! I am VERY glad that he decided to play the songs that he almost never plays!!!! (which are actually the ones I like the most).

I'm sorry, you write alot but don't say much. I doubt Moz cut anything short, 21 songs is a good/average night for him. I've been to a bunch of shows, all were 21 or less.
Now I gotta go and confirm this for myself.

or people who have just seen a particularly agreeable picture of herr mozzer
oh oh, if it's not the christmas season then it surely is the sneaking cold that made me go to bed early today... cough cough...
der herr mozzer, der herr mozzer..

I'm sorry, you write alot but don't say much. I doubt Moz cut anything short, 21 songs is a good/average night for him. I've been to a bunch of shows, all were 21 or less.
Now I gotta go and confirm this for myself.

Do you expect a review of each song? :crazy:
I was returning from a Moz gig and happy!!!!

Yeas, the concert was not "short", it's his average time of playing for sure. It simply happened that his voice was VERY soft and strangely harmonic during the whole concert (which is unusual for Morrissey, he is not famous for always singing on key, but that's part of his charm!)... and then in the last 3 songs it became VERY obvious that his throat got exhausted and his voice began to sound very harsh and it felt that he was truly making an effort as to sing.

I certainly FELT that Every Day in Like Sunday was going to be followed by another song, a last one, but Morrissey decided not to do it in the middle of the song, because he was truly struggling with his voice. Then again, it's a FEELING... impossible to check unless a member of the band or Morrissey himself says it. Nobody was disappointed by such thing anyway.

He was in a very good mood, an excellent mood, during the whole concert.... so the way in which he left the stage was quite WEIRD (the band didn't take a bow, not much "good bye".... and the lights remained in the dark for a while and then they were turned on and the technicians seemed to be a bit lost about what to do -i.e, begin to unplug everything or not). It really FELT as if he had planned to sing an extra song, but decided to avoid it because his voice was getting worst and worst with each song (I mean in the final 3 songs.... the rest of the concert, his voice sounded fantastic).

Here's a video of the final song, I think he improvised a "finale" during the song because he was certainly having a problem with his voice.... but I don't think anyone cared, the concert was a true miracle and Morrissey was fantastic, even more fantastic than ever.

I am sorry for being unable to satisfy your need of I-don¡t-know-what-kind-of.informaton! I was simply writing out of joy! The concert was awesome and very strange (the choice of the songs and the arrangement of them, which was certainly changed a lot, except in a few... i felt that it may be a hint of the direction he is planningto take for his new album of covers).

The part in which he left the stage was not recorded, but it's clear that he was somehow struggling with his voice in the final song... and he left the stage quite abruptly, followed by his band that didn't give a "good bye" either.... so I ASSUME that something happened. Probably he decided to preserve his voice and that's perfectly fine for me.

Yeas, the concert was not "short", it's his average time of playing for sure. It simply happened that his voice was VERY soft and strangely harmonic during the whole concert (which is unusual for Morrissey, he is not famous for always singing on key, but that's part of his charm!)... and then in the last 3 songs it became VERY obvious that his throat got exhausted and his voice began to sound very harsh and it felt that he was truly making an effort as to sing.

I certainly FELT that Every Day in Like Sunday was going to be followed by another song, a last one, but Morrissey decided not to do it in the middle of the song, because he was truly struggling with his voice. Then again, it's a FEELING... impossible to check unless a member of the band or Morrissey himself says it. Nobody was disappointed by such thing anyway.

He was in a very good mood, an excellent mood, during the whole concert.... so the way in which he left the stage was quite WEIRD (the band didn't take a bow, not much "good bye".... and the lights remained in the dark for a while and then they were turned on and the technicians seemed to be a bit lost about what to do -i.e, begin to unplug everything or not). It really FELT as if he had planned to sing an extra song, but decided to avoid it because his voice was getting worst and worst with each song (I mean in the final 3 songs.... the rest of the concert, his voice sounded fantastic).

Here's a video of the final song, I think he improvised a "finale" during the song because he was certainly having a problem with his voice.... but I don't think anyone cared, the concert was a true miracle and Morrissey was fantastic, even more fantastic than ever.

I am sorry for being unable to satisfy your need of I-don¡t-know-what-kind-of.informaton! I was simply writing out of joy! The concert was awesome and very strange (the choice of the songs and the arrangement of them, which was certainly changed a lot, except in a few... i felt that it may be a hint of the direction he is planningto take for his new album of covers).

The part in which he left the stage was not recorded, but it's clear that he was somehow struggling with his voice in the final song... and he left the stage quite abruptly, followed by his band that didn't give a "good bye" either.... so I ASSUME that something happened. Probably he decided to preserve his voice and that's perfectly fine for me.

don't worry!! you gave a great report :) thank you :) you're happiness is touching and it carried me away

I appreciate all the details from both you and @countthree Sounds like an amazing night!

I reckon Meat is Murder with the vid should be part of the set list when The California Son is playing to Mexicans inn nnn n din't inn n nn n it mate.
I always feel like a joke went way over my head when I read anything u post. Has anyone given you reason to believe you're in any way clever? No way, right?
Please try harder. I'll do my best to catch on.

Almost looks like a country with toilets and running water. Good of Moz to support the nazi uprising all over Europe and we're all wearing a yellow vest these days. The people have had enough and the race war starts now and Moz is on our side.

I always feel like a joke went way over my head when I read anything u post. Has anyone given you reason to believe you're in any way clever? No way, right?
Please try harder. I'll do my best to catch on.

Please don’t encourage the simpleton.

Is it true that he played Used to be a sweet boy and dedicated it to one Peter Finan ?

I’ve been picturing Uncleskinny as some sad young virgin who lives at home with his mom, wasting his life spewing bile on here ‘cos he’s terminally unemployable, or something.

After googling Peter Finan & learning that he’s a bitter middle-aged ex-uber fan - with at least a job to go to - just makes his behaviour around here even sadder.

Please, Peter, find something else to do with the remainder of your existence.

If you were an ex-lover of Moz’s you’d have received at least a cease & desist order by now.

Truly tragic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom