Andrew Collins' Book -'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'

Remember what Collins did to Morrissey, I won't bother to buy or read it.
He's a nerve to use a Smiths song to his book's title.

Sorry Kewpie...I should know this...but what did Collins do?

He was one of the journalist responsible for 'Flying the flag or flirting with disaster'.

Before Christmas I was debating it with him on a forum then by email. It became quite civilised. Mainly due to time constraints and fear of the damage an ambulance chaser can do I stopped replying. Maybe I should reply now and continue the debate?

He was one of the journalist responsible for 'Flying the flag or flirting with disaster'.

Before Christmas I was debating it with him on a forum then by email. It became quite civilised. Mainly due to time constraints and fear of the damage an ambulance chaser can do I stopped replying. Maybe I should reply now and continue the debate?

i wouldnt bother

... the book on the other hand might be good but i havent read it

I read it as a follow up to his first book and I find him quite funny. I have another book of his sitting on my bedside table (waiting for me to finish Stuart Maconie's latest).

I read it as a follow up to his first book and I find him quite funny. I have another book of his sitting on my bedside table (waiting for me to finish Stuart Maconie's latest).

Thanks
Is the Stuart Maconie book 'Pies & Prejudice'?
It's the best book I read last year.:) (apart from 'Panic On The Streets', of course ;))

Jukebox Jury

Yes it is Pies and Prejudice. Being a Lancashire girl myself I am finding it hilarious.

Ah right, I didn't know he was at the NME during that time.

A civilised debate sounds an interesting proposition...I though NME staff past and present were solely taught to jump on bandwagons.

I've read it, but I didn't know about the journo thing until I read it here!
Er I really liked it actually, there's not really a whole load of Smiths references though? Good book anyway :D

I didnt know about the Stuart Maconie one so put his name in Amazon and it came up with a book called Folklore about James (the band). 48 bloody quid! I want it but not that much.

Voodoo Doll
You can get 'Pies & Prejudice' from HMV in Manchester (so maybe other ones too?) for £5.
It's a book on the author going in search of 'The North' having lived in the south and the midlands for too long a period. Very funny, observed and well written. And not just because I get a mention in there either!:eek:

His other book, 'Cider With Roadies' is also well worth a read.

Jukebox Jury

Voodoo Doll
You can get 'Pies & Prejudice' from HMV in Manchester (so maybe other ones too?) for £5.
It's a book on the author going in search of 'The North' having lived in the south and the midlands for too long a period. Very funny, observed and well written. And not just because I get a mention in there either!:eek:

His other book, 'Cider With Roadies' is also well worth a read.

Jukebox Jury

Have they also got the James book for a fiver? I want it!

Whrere did you get your mention Jukebox Jury? I might not have got to it yet.

What I love about the book is that when I read it I hear his voice in my head as if I am listening to a talking book. I suppose it is because his is such a familiar voice these days but it is very comforting somehow.

Back
Top Bottom