A Taste Of Honey

Re: uhhhh

I hate people using mobile phone during the film / play is on!

If you're going to see the play, switch off your mobile and show some respect to your fellow audience!!!

Kewpie
In normal circumstances I would agree..... but not when the football is on:guitar:
There are eight of us going and they will be more than well aware of what I am up to. As long as I don't shout
YES!!!!!
when City score;)
The phone will be in my hand and on silent, no member of the audience will be disturbed by it:cool:

Jukebox Jury

I remember being in the Royal Exchange, in around 86/87. The man sat next to me was listening through his hearing aid, using the loop system. Every 2/3 minutes a screetch noise upset him (and me) and he was put out by this all though the first half of the play. During the interval I had reason to open my bag - shock horror- a brand new set of Duracells wasted. I had accidentally left my walkman on rewind and (I guess?) the auto change was interfering. It was me all along!!! The poor sod didn't return for the second half and I felt very bad!:(

well it's worked as it is now completely sold out
returns only
no banquettes either
udate
sorry was misinformed
all performances are indeed completely sold out
& only 18 banquette seats per performance
box office staff said to queue at 9am for 9.30 sale
good luck folks

If you're going to see the play, switch off your mobile and show some respect to your fellow audience!!!

My thoughts exactly when it comes to Morrissey gigs too.

But the Royal Exchange Theatre has loads of seats where nobody would notice. In the higher levels around the stage you'd hardly be bothering anyone would you? I'd think twice before getting the old Blackberry out if I was sat in the banquette seats though!

But the Royal Exchange Theatre has loads of seats where nobody would notice. In the higher levels around the stage you'd hardly be bothering anyone would you? I'd think twice before getting the old Blackberry out if I was sat in the banquette seats though!

I've only been to Royal Exchange Theatre twice in 1989.
Both occasions we sat near the stage, don't know about higher levels.
However, regardless of your seat you should respect fellow audience.

I miss pre-mobile phone era regarding in cinema, threatre and live music environment.

I've only been to Royal Exchange Theatre twice in 1989.
Both occasions we sat near the stage, don't know about higher levels.

I miss pre-mobile phone era regarding in cinema, threatre and live music environment.

I don't disagree. But the Exchange does have many seats where you would get away with the odd silent text, without anyone noticing at all. It's about being discreet.

On another musicians on-line forum a poster once complained about me for looking at my watch too much, whilst sat next to her at a gig. In reality, it was my fourth gig of the tour, I knew the setlist and just checked my watch during the last two songs, as I had to meet someone. However the sight of my wrist rolling slightly was enough to have her reaching for the laptop! I'm sure that JJ will do what he has to do. If someone happens to see him, it's up to them to get over it.

Kewpie
In normal circumstances I would agree..... but not when the football is on:guitar:
There are eight of us going and they will be more than well aware of what I am up to. As long as I don't shout
YES!!!!!
when City score;)
The phone will be in my hand and on silent, no member of the audience will be disturbed by it:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Pre mobile phone era. A friend was at a Wedding where the Groom (a red) kept putting his hand towards his head. He had the match commentary on, with a set of earphones going down his arm and tucked behind his watch.

It does beg the question about dates, times etc? If it was that important to him!

When I got married the Italian National Team were staying in the same hotel as us... the National cycling team that is :D:D

Kewpie
I can assure you my actions will not be 'disrespecting' fellow audience members.
We are sat in the top level. My phone will be in my hand and on silent. Grim will send the text, the phone will vibrate in my hand. My other hand (most likely my left) will move over the short distance to cover the screen to deflect the light, my head will move slightly down to read the screen and I shall then turn the phone over to hide the light and await the next text (hopefully informing me of another City goal:guitar:)
People who cough, fidget, whisper something to their friend (or thinking they are whispering) or passing sweets around will be making far more of a distraction than I will be. I wont be replying during the play, merely reading very discretely a text message or three:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Here here !

Oh you mean the time when you were asked to smoke on the right side of the theatre / cinema, but no one did anything if you smoked on the left hand side? You came out stinking of tobacco and your hair and clothes needed washing immediately. Happy pre mobile days indeed:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

hmmmm

Oh you mean the time when you were asked to smoke on the right side of the theatre / cinema, but no one did anything if you smoked on the left hand side? You came out stinking of tobacco and your hair and clothes needed washing immediately. Happy pre mobile days indeed:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I'm afraid I'm not that old to know about it. :rolleyes:

I understand I once had to forfeit going to the game to attend a family funeral and I kept in touch with goings on via mobile. If you are discreet who cares, its your ticket.

Up the reds!

I understand I once had to forfeit going to the game to attend a family funeral and I kept in touch with goings on via mobile. If you are discreet who cares, its your ticket.

Up the reds!

Your first two lines were spot on. Sadly your last three words ruined a good post:p:D:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom