A Taste of Honey

I have this dvd. Haven't yet watched it since I don't have a multi region DVD player. It makes me want to watch it more.
Where did you get that rendition of Last Night.. ?
it's not from the movie, is it?

Jukebox Jury

Retired
The movie was made in 1961 and Johnny Marr wrote the music to Last Night... in 1986 / 87 so it definately doesn't appear in the film!

No idea where that rendition came from though:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Corrissey

lovable loser
Very nice, SaNV. I haven't seen it, but in a way feel "I have". Nice to hear the 'inspiration' for Last Night.

Skinheads an Nail Varnish

....She never came along.
Thank you for the comments,Yes the music"last night i dreamt.." is from String Quartet Tribute to the Smiths,Although "how Soon is Now" sounds like impossible mission!

Brel

Guttersnipe
just watched it again.

i was taken aback by "dreamt of you last night, fell out of bed twice!"

:)
I used to share a house in Rusholme. One of the girls who shared with us took her mum to the Royal Exchange to see the stage version of it (about 1989/90). Morrissey turned up, and for those who don't know the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre, it's in the round. So, at that point in the play "dreamt...", everyone looked at him! I was told that he seemed to be very uncomfortable.

Kewpie

Subscriber
I used to share a house in Rusholme. One of the girls who shared with us took her mum to the Royal Exchange to see the stage version of it (about 1989/90). Morrissey turned up, and for those who don't know the Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre, it's in the round. So, at that point in the play "dreamt...", everyone looked at him! I was told that he seemed to be very uncomfortable.

Really?

I also went to see the play in February 1989 at Royal Exchange Theatre!
Lucky you to see the play with Morrissey.

Brel

Guttersnipe
Really?

I also went to see the play in February 1989 at Royal Exchange Theatre!
Lucky you to see the play with Morrissey.

No Kewpie. Lucky Gill the Goth?

I stayed in that night!:sick:

modrevolve

Standard Model
I have this dvd. Haven't yet watched it since I don't have a multi region DVD player. It makes me want to watch it more.
how much did you pay for this on DVD?? I bought it on VHS and transferred it as the prices for the DVD were outrageous!

btw..I actually quite like the movie..

Skinheads an Nail Varnish

....She never came along.
For it's day it was quite a "revolutionary" film and quite risque for the times,And for me I think one of the greatest films ever made,Never mind the effect's laden and sometimes(pretty much most no substance) boring movies you see today,Is a classic.

I assume you've tried to find a region hack for your player? If not then just google (or whatever search engine you use) region hack + your make/model of player & you should be able to get the codes to set it up for any region.

love

Grim

I assume you've tried to find a region hack for your player? If not then just google (or whatever search engine you use) region hack + your make/model of player & you should be able to get the codes to set it up for any region.

love

Grim
i've heard of that. unfortuntely i haven't had the time to do so let alone the time to watch the movie :(

Top Bottom