Who would buy a DVD of Introducing Morrissey?

Who would buy a DVD of Introducing Morrissey?

• Total voters

Ugly Devil

This fantastic gig has only ever been available on VHS, why hasn't it been re-released on DVD? Lets call this poll a petition to generate some interest - Who's with me?

This has been brought up before. You will get 100% people saying yes they would buy a dvd. The question is who owns the rights and so on. whoever stands to profit would so greatly.

Anyone know what is up with that Hollywood Bowl DvD?

This has been brought up before. You will get 100% people saying yes they would buy a dvd. The question is who owns the rights and so on. whoever stands to profit would so greatly.

Anyone know what is up with that Hollywood Bowl DvD?

That's kind of the point - Someone is missing out on some easy money here. The Hollywood Bowl DVD is being released on the 1st of March in the UK.

oh please yes!!!..

or I would settle for an episode of Cribs featuring Morrissey at home...where ever he lives nowadays..

How is Yes, No and Definitely an answer to "Who would buy...?"

seriously pointless thread.

I would, I have it on my iPod - class indeed

Don't know if the vote is necessary, but Introducing Morrissey deserves to be brought up periodically. I'm reminded of how well-produced that video was (I wore out a couple VHS tapes). Love the whole b&w opening and the editing across the two concerts is excellent. The stage invader montage (set to Will Never Marry) is one of the best pieces of content in the whole Morrissey/Smiths filmography.

I never understood why the creative relationship between James O'Brien and Morrissey ended, but he could use someone like that now. His stuff was simply done, how Morrissey likes it, but with class.

O'Brien has gone on to do a lot of work for MTV and most recently Elton John's New Year's bash at O2. Oy vey...

What's more pointless than a pointless thread?
Commenting on a pointless thread about how pointless it is. :p

Re-read the thread dummy, the choices are

Yes, definitely

Maybe

No

I would definitely buy a DVD edition of this release, my guess is Warner owns it and why it was never released on DVD is anyone's guess. I simply adore Morrisse's performance of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself on this one, its superb, :guitar:

I did manage to buy a VHS transfer to DVD-R on eBay but its not the same, the sound is a little inferior.

yes if they also put up the song which is missing on ther video i.e shoplifters
since the video has taken stuff from two concerts (Sheffield and Blackpool) they had left out shoplifters for some reason..
i would love to see it(you can see tiny bits in the "will never marry clip" where he can be seen in a soccer uniform several times : for example onegreat scene where he let himself fall down a after he throw out the shirt while a fan standing behind him caught him..it was shown from the back of the venue...

I wonder why they cut out shoplifters--any idea anyone?

passions: sheffield: "For the encore of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" Morrissey returned to the stage wearing a blue Sheffield football shirt from the 60s."
passions: Blackpool".For the encore, he came back into a 70s blue and white Blackburn Rovers football jersey."

they also cut out out "used to be a sweet boy" but that was to moz`s wishes cause he didnt like how it sounds live...(I have read that in a fanzine)

but i think i would buy the dvd even without shoplifters ,the dvd-/+ (some very nice someone:guitar::sweet: has sent it to me:)) are not that durable than "real " dvd..at least in my experience

sheffield http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g950207.htm
blackpool http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g950208.htm
introducing info http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/disc/moz-v05intro.htm

btw i think i have posted it elsewhere but the will never marrry clip on introducing is longer/have more scenes than the one "WNM" from oye esteban WHICH Is(are ) on youtube and stem only from the latter US DVD and NOT from the introducing video..
so the longer videoversion of WNM from the introducing is still missing on youtube( at least the last time I checked it)

so PLEASE DONT FORGET SHOPLIFTERS IF YOU RE RE-RELEASE INTRODUCING!

Last edited:

Obviously isn't that pointless considering you took the time to post in it. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to the thread, why bother at all? If you don't like it, ignore it.

On topic: I don't have the video of it (nothing to play it on, bit pointless having it), but I've seen clips on YouTube. Would love to have it on DVD, looks outstanding!

On topic: I don't have the video of it (nothing to play it on, bit pointless having it), but I've seen clips on YouTube. Would love to have it on DVD, looks outstanding!

And looks like we support you on that.

He looked amazing on that tour, Morrissey at the peak of his powers.

passions: sheffield: "For the encore of "Shoplifters Of The World Unite" Morrissey returned to the stage wearing a blue Sheffield football shirt from the 60s."
passions: Blackpool".For the encore, he came back into a 70s blue and white Blackburn Rovers football jersey."

Maybe they cut it out because no-one likes to see one of their idols whilst a gang of rampant Sheffield United fans try to kill him.
It might have been for space on the tape.
But I think it'll be most likely because Morrissey didn't want any Smiths on it.

I would so buy it if they brought it out on DVD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom