Who from the US plans to attend the London shows?

Skinner

RIP The Rev
I’m trying to see who plans to make the trip to London to attend the shows in Jan. I wanted to know how many of you are planning on going, where you are planning on staying, if you have been there before etc?

I’m going to try and get tickets but I wanted to know if there were other so-lowers (I kid), from the states who will be there as well.

I’m a big believer in traveling safely and in a group so whoever will be there, let’s chat and maybe make some plans to meet up, swap info on where to stay etc.

Thanks.

I am planning on attending one show, maybe two, as part of a general vacation and family visiting trip.

Thank you for responding! And I guess if you are traveling with family etc, 1 or 2 shows makes sense. Good luck!

oh i just found this info on seetickets which can helpful if you do only have AE they dont get accepted!
You need to provide us with details of a valid credit or debit card and the address to which the statements are sent. We accept Visa, Delta, MasterCard, JCB, Electron, Switch and Solo.

We regret that we do not currently accept American Express or Diners Club!!!

ao i read somewhere suparni plans to go too

you are really addicted now uh? :D
these US dates that happened this year where they the first morrissey concerts you attended?

I’m trying to see who plans to make the trip to London to attend the shows in Jan. I wanted to know how many of you are planning on going, where you are planning on staying, if you have been there before etc?

I’m going to try and get tickets but I wanted to know if there were other so-lowers (I kid), from the states who will be there as well.

I’m a big believer in traveling safely and in a group so whoever will be there, let’s chat and maybe make some plans to meet up, swap info on where to stay etc.

Thanks.

i'm going to try. and yes, i've been to london 3 times, so i kinda know my way around a few things. i'll keep you posted on my status, skinner :D

Haha. The gigs this year defiantly helped fuel the Moz addiction for sure. Plus I’ve never been to London so the January gigs are very tempting indeed.

I saw Moz once on the Quarry Tour in ’04 but that was all. So now I’ve seen him 9 times. I know that’s nothing compared to how many times many others have seen him, but I would love to keep increasing that number over time.

Good luck to you sista and all who are planning to attend the London shows :cool:

i'm going to try. and yes, i've been to london 3 times, so i kinda know my way around a few things. i'll keep you posted on my status, skinner :D

Thanks a bunch! And best of luck Musings! :cool:

It's being considered. I had to sell off a lot of stock to pay for the last two U.S. legs, but I'm still weighing my options on the Euro trip. I guess it all depends on whether or not the family coughs up enough cash during the "holiday" season.

My father usually gives me $10,000/year since it's tax-free to do so, and I tell him it's going into savings. (I don't tell him that it's going into Morrissey's savings.) It's a moral quandary, but I think I'm pretty amoral (being a "linecrasher" and all).

Anyone want to work out the cost of splitting hotels, etc. with a promiscuous homosexual who is likely to wind up in jail once or twice?

OMG: My 100th POST!!! I'm now completely So Low.

Thank you for responding! And I guess if you are traveling with family etc, 1 or 2 shows makes sense. Good luck!

Travelling to SEE some family, not with family. I have thankfully been denied a permit to bear children. :D

It's being considered. I had to sell off a lot of stock to pay for the last two U.S. legs, but I'm still weighing my options on the Euro trip.

I have to commend you on your timing, considering how well the stock market's been doing over the past couple of months, and the dollar/pound exchange rate! :D

My father usually gives me $10,000/year since it's tax-free to do so.

Point out to him that the tax-free annual limit is now $12k. You're getting robbed.

Hi everyone...
I am going to try to get tickets tonight. I don't know where I am staying yet. I was trying to arrange a stay with a friend but that does not work out... So I have another friend in Wood Green I can stay with but that is pretty far from the shows and I have decided I would rather stay right near by. I was thinking a room sublet or a reasonable hotel. I would be willing to contribute to sublet with other soloers if it makes sense financially and socially... i don't mind homosexuals - don't much like linecrashers but I figure if we all live in the moment and not cling to past impressions that were formulated on an internet forum - we can all get along... as long as nobody rips up my ticket etc etc. Whatever works basically... I wouldn't be able to confirm any plans until the tickets are bought - hopefully it works out. I would think, given the price of day to day living that we would want a place with kitchen or kitchenette and we would want a place that is not too far from Roundhouse. The tube in london can be a nightmare with strikes and it's not an all night deal like it is nyc. Sometimes getting around can be a nightmare in london... esp after hours.

by the way... this offer I have to stay in Wood Green for free... does anybody know just how complicated that commute would be at night?

I stayed there once before but it was years ago... nice that it is free... but I would be so ready to pay and be close to gigs... if we come up with a good deal that is.

scandalous!

(seriously, I really do hope you're careful, though.)

I know... like I even need to add the promiscuous part. I think it just comes with the territory. Then again, since I'm generally not attracted to Englishmen (Irish and Scottish, that's another story) it won't be that much of a problem.

Believe me, with the latest statistics from the CDC, I fear for the heteroids more than the homosuperiors out there. (The numbers is rising, and eventually the epidemic will be so universal that I'll never have to hear another safer-sex message aimed directly at me again.)

OK, so... who up for the UK, ya'll? I'm getting stir crazy without any shows to queue up and linecrash. ;)

I know... like I even need to add the promiscuous part. I think it just comes with the territory. Then again, since I'm generally not attracted to Englishmen (Irish and Scottish, that's another story) it won't be that much of a problem.

Believe me, with the latest statistics from the CDC, I fear for the heteroids more than the homosuperiors out there. (The numbers is rising, and eventually the epidemic will be so universal that I'll never have to hear another safer-sex message aimed directly at me again.)

OK, so... who up for the UK, ya'll? I'm getting stir crazy without any shows to queue up and linecrash. ;)

i figure it's worth it to overlook the homosexual part as long as I can count on him to hold my spot in the line while i go out for brunch and my nail appointment... :p:rolleyes:

but let's all get tickets and then really have a look at what makes sense. good luck everybody. I will be online at 4am ready to enter my info... :)

i will be traveling from los angeles, along with a friend. i know several of his friends are going as well, and another few friends of mine were thinking about it. i'll be online trying for the six-day, and if i'm able to get one, will be booking my plane flight tonight. :)

still up in the air as to what i'm doing for a hotel...it's all very confusing to me and i've spent hours trying to figure out which hotel is close to the venue, or at least an easy commute.

i'd love to hear what other people are doing hotel-wise, where you're staying, how much you're paying, etc. for all i know, we may still end up looking for people to split a hotel with - eight nights in london is proving to be quite a bill!

cg

i will be traveling from los angeles, along with a friend. i know several of his friends are going as well, and another few friends of mine were thinking about it. i'll be online trying for the six-day, and if i'm able to get one, will be booking my plane flight tonight. :)

still up in the air as to what i'm doing for a hotel...it's all very confusing to me and i've spent hours trying to figure out which hotel is close to the venue, or at least an easy commute.

i'd love to hear what other people are doing hotel-wise, where you're staying, how much you're paying, etc. for all i know, we may still end up looking for people to split a hotel with - eight nights in london is proving to be quite a bill!

cg

Hi, I have been up looking at this site:
http://www.priceline-europe.com/

They have hotels near chalk farm - a little bit south of there and I saw a couple of decent places with single QUAD layout at discounted rates. I put in the 8 days and a quote came up for 880 pounds before the name your own price option. As that looked like quite an okay place... I mean that is NOT the hostile situation... some of the hostile pics simply looked a little bit too - scrappy :p for me. But the prices on this priceline hotel site are not toooo bad. Of course... there is the private sublet option... and then there is also the pile too many people into the hotel option - but in that case I wouldn't book a privately owned little place.

Have a look let me know what y'all are thinking...

cg[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
oh and they have a map on that site... so you can find one hotel near camden or chalk farm... and then click all of them around that area via the map... good if you don't know london and easy to navigate once you find camden (look near regents park) - they have pics of the hotels and rates etc.

Back
Top Bottom