The Sound of 'Bona Drag' {Redux}

Re: Bona Drag - The Revisionist edition

Leave Ouija alone, it's a lovely, whimsical plea for the dearly departed.

If whatever damn ouija board Morrissey was using didn't spell out "C.A.L.L.J.O.H.N.N.Y.Y.O.U.T.W.A.T", he should have taken it back to Woolworth's for a refund.

Aw you poor lamb, hoping for a second childhood?

The Smiths finished with Marr walking off, and Morrissey quickly realised that and got his solo career off to a solid start with Viva and Bona.

a solid start with Viva and Bona.

Yes, exactly. With the remnants of The Smiths. And when the momentum stopped he turned to campy carnival music, which exiled him in a creative wilderness for a few years before Boz Boorer saved him. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Johnny was off playing gigs with Nitzer Ebb. The jealousy must have been searing.

I better start checking for your username before I sign up to Marr-solo.com

I like the remastering for the most part (He Knows I'd Love To See Him & the mix of The Bed Took Fire are especially good)

I really like the mix of Oh Phoney even if it does sound unfinished.

BUT

The new mix of Let The Right One Slip In is properly rubbish & there's a very good reason why Happy Lovers United & Lifeguard On Duty were 'previously unreleased'... it's because they're crap.

Please Help The Cause... doesn't sound right without Sandie Shaw & will Born To Hang & Striptease With A Difference ever be properly released?

I like the remastering for the most part (He Knows I'd Love To See Him & the mix of The Bed Took Fire are especially good)

I really like the mix of Oh Phoney even if it does sound unfinished.

BUT

The new mix of Let The Right One Slip In is properly rubbish & there's a very good reason why Happy Lovers United & Lifeguard On Duty were 'previously unreleased'... it's because they're crap.

Please Help The Cause... doesn't sound right without Sandie Shaw & will Born To Hang & Striptease With A Difference ever be properly released?

Born to Hang and Striptease With Difference weren't previously released (but they were leaked by Michael Legge).

If whatever damn ouija board Morrissey was using didn't spell out "C.A.L.L.J.O.H.N.N.Y.Y.O.U.T.W.A.T", he should have taken it back to Woolworth's for a refund.

P.U.S.H.O.double F is a tarot reference. THe dog pushes the fool off the cliff while biting his ass. If the fool stands his ground then the dog (ie destructors of the world) loses and he trully does get in touch with his beloved from a different time zone. :straightface: :p

P.U.S.H.O.double F is a tarot reference. THe dog pushes the fool off the cliff while biting his ass. If the fool stands his ground then the dog (ie destructors of the world) loses and he trully does get in touch with his beloved from a different time zone. :straightface: :p

I'll take your word for it. I have to. But surely for the sake of the song Morrissey could've gotten this crucially important tarot reference to scan a little better. At the very least he could've used the word "destroyers". O hear my voice. :straightface: :rolleyes:

Morrissey certainly wouldn't have performed the song on a 2000 tour if he didn't like it. I don't know why people dislike this song so much. They never seem to have a valid reason.

I meant he doesn't like the verse that he skipped on that tour, and now has deleted on the new Bona Drag.

But, he probably doesn't like the song much either - and the "valid reason" is that it's pure crap.

Gannon was a potential Marr replacement in my eyes. I mean, he did write Ask after all...

Yep I love Craig Gannon too and a very Smiths looking dude to boot but he didn't write Ask. I mean he plays on it yeah but where are you getting he wrote it?

Gannon claimed he came up with the cord structure (G, A minor, C and D) of 'Ask' while he and The Smiths were in the Livingston studio in June 1986. I think Johnny said "Ah, no."

Hi guys I'm new here. I wanted to ask if someone has already bought or seen the vinyl version of Bona Drag 20th Ann. because I'd like to know what the picture on the poster is, I've been told it's not the cover picture. Is it one from that era (I assume) or a recent picture?

Hi guys I'm new here. I wanted to ask if someone has already bought or seen the vinyl version of Bona Drag 20th Ann. because I'd like to know what the picture on the poster is, I've been told it's not the cover picture. Is it one from that era (I assume) or a recent picture?

Irregular Regular posted a photo of the poster here

Tags
board bona drag ouija remaster
Back
Top Bottom