tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

OK, so out the 3 last doctors, who's the best?
For me:
Tennant
Eccleston
Smith.

Mehhh, classics are much better

1. Tom Baker
2. Colin Baker
3. William Hartnell

However, it changes every hour....so Troughton and McCoy will be there tomorrow! NOT PETER DAVISON THOUGH! terrible...terrible

RIGHT ONWARDS! A few films I have actually bothered to watch! yey!
Here we goooo...

1. Johnny English 2 - Right, apart from Rik Mayall not being in it! :( I was disappointed that the film wasn't as funny as the first Johnny English film. I feel there's not much more to be said after this film and I don't think it was really needed to be made. Rowan Atkinson was on top form though throughout and I guess him being in anything makes it great! I however want him to return to TV Mr Bean or Blackadder!

2. Apollo 18, Paranormal Activity in Space someone may call it....I actually thought it was very good and I enjoyed the aliens and how they were presented and how the audience still didn't have an absolute clue what they were at the end! It all seemed all real and I thought overall they did a superb job on the actual shots and how they created THE MOON! Big job for designers to do!

3. Cowboys and Aliens, I got bored until the aliens came...then I was bored of the aliens....then I was bored of the film....borrrrringgg! HARRISON FORD SHAME ON YOU! GET BACK TO STAR WARS!

Next I will be reviewing (if you can call it reviewing???) THE THING PREQUEL 2011! and....Dark City Directors Cut, which I know I'll be enjoying because I love the actual film.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Frighteners.

Cap9.jpg

Jeffrey Combs is the greatest actor of all time.

Hi Robbie...I bought a dvd of TWBB a few weeks ago, and have put it somewhere....I am currently tearing the house apart looking for it!!

The last "proper" film I sat and watched was "Brighton rock", the original 50s/60s British one with Attenborough, etc...Purely beacuse of A: the "Moz Connection", B, It was just starting on TV, and C, to actually see if it was indeed, a UK cinema Milestone, as it is always praised to be....

I was sadly disappointed. the Characters were completely un-convincing ( especially "Dallow"( or was it "Spicer"???)....a near OAP Lush hanging around in a 17 year olds "Gang" was just stupid...) and a completely unbelievable "sub plot" about the Psychic Drunken/Drinking lady who ALWAYS seemed to be in Just exactly the right place the ( ludicrous)plot required her to be...and Dickie attenborough acting made my ashtray on the table look like Brando. I thought it was UTTER TOSH, but maybe that's just me...although I think I did spot some sort of underlying "Homosexual" references in the story...but again, maybe that's just me....

How have I not seen this movie? I've been looking for a clip of it that I saw in someone's top ten quotes reel and I can't find that clip, but looking at all the others make me think this movie is amazing. Here's that reel, the quote is number one but you have to slog through some stupid stuff to get to it.

I just watched the middle of 16 Candles, what a strange movie. I've never seen it before.

We watched the human centipede last night and I think we're going to watch part 2 today.

I didn't just see this movie, but it is a movie every Morrissey fan should see. It's intensely symbolic and relevant. I watched this montage because Morrissey's finger bandage in all the photos always reminds me of Margot's wooden finger. :D She wears fur because she's often an animal. She's always smoking because she's the Moz king. And it's a hilarious, beautifully executed movie.

I didn't just see this movie, but it is a movie every Morrissey fan should see. It's intensely symbolic and relevant. I watched this montage because Morrissey's finger bandage in all the photos always reminds me of Margot's wooden finger. :D She wears fur because she's often an animal. She's always smoking because she's the Moz king. And it's a hilarious, beautifully executed movie.

Maybe she is smoking because the tobacco industry paid a lot of money to have their product featured in the film.

I haven't seen this but it is on my list.

Maybe she is smoking because the tobacco industry paid a lot of money to have their product featured in the film.

I haven't seen this but it is on my list.

Maybe. But it's literally every single scene. It's a joke. It's insistence tells my brain it's a sign to be interpreted.

This documentary looks genius.

Maybe. But it's literally every single scene. It's a joke. It's insistence tells my brain it's a sign to be interpreted.

One reviewer said that you'll never be able to look at another movie without spotting all the product placement again.

She is smoking because she's hoping for an early death AND she NEEDs TO CLING TO SOMETHING

It's one of my favorite movies, Margot is my role model (not the fur though).

Last night I watched the extraordinary and unsettling documentary The Tears of Gaza, about Israel's war against Gaza 2008-2009. Watch it! The whole movie is on youtube.

Israel is the worst rogue state in the world.

Crystal, have you seen this?

I thought you might like it from an art perspective.

My top 10 of 2011 in no particular order:

The Portuguese Nun (dir Eugene Green)

Of Gods and Men (dir Xavier Beauvois)

Poetry (dir Lee Chang-dong)

The Skin I Live In (dir Pedro Almodovar)

We Need To Talk About Kevin (dir Lynne Ramsay)

Drive (dir Nicholas Winding Refn)

Mysteries Of Lisbon (dir Raul Ruiz)

Dreams Of A Life (dir Carol Morley)

Pina (dir Wim Wenders)

*Honorable mentions:

Gianni e le donne (dir Gianni di Gregorio)

Submarine (dir Richard Ayoade)

Margaret (dir Kenneth Lonergan)

I'm gutted to miss Le Quattro Volte which might be in top 10. :(

Last edited:

Crystal, have you seen this?

I thought you might like it from an art perspective.

I saw this in a theater in Pasadena then having no money, went to the bookstore and read the graphic novel in two sittings in the cafe. :o This is one of my favorite adaptations of a graphic novel to film, it is sooooo beautiful. And the subject intriguing.

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom