Strange/unexpected Moz references?

BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq was playing Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before by Hardly Subtle.

I'm not sure it's better than Mark Ronson's version or not because it uses Morrissey's vocal with reggae / dub track.

Everyone on twitter is talking about Charles Dickens as Morrissey on Horrible Histories but I have no idea what Horrible Histories is or how to find it. I think it's a British thing...

Don't make this the post that introduces it on the mainpage if it becomes something note worthy. I'm just pointing it out to someone who might know what it is.

Everyone on twitter is talking about Charles Dickens as Morrissey on Horrible Histories but I have no idea what Horrible Histories is or how to find it. I think it's a British thing...

Don't make this the post that introduces it on the mainpage if it becomes something note worthy. I'm just pointing it out to someone who might know what it is.
If I may Crystal, Horrible Histories is a program shown on the BBC childrens channel CBBC. Even though it is made for kids, it is, in fact, quite brilliant and very funny. It's schtick is that whilst being historically correct, it's focus is on the more disgusting aspects of history.

BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq was playing Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before by Hardly Subtle.

I'm not sure it's better than Mark Ronson's version or not because it uses Morrissey's vocal with reggae / dub track.

Don Letts played this on his 6 Music show a few weeks ago as a white label tp. Had no idea about a release date at that point; hopefully never. It was so bloody awful that I didn't bother to mention it on here. A slowed down Moz with a dub track crow-barred beneath it. I could've done better, and I'm a halfwit. In this instance at least, all reggae is most definitely vile :sick:

If I may Crystal, Horrible Histories is a program shown on the BBC childrens channel CBBC. Even though it is made for kids, it is, in fact, quite brilliant and very funny. It's schtick is that whilst being historically correct, it's focus is on the more disgusting aspects of history.

Sounds cool. :cool:

On the intro to episode 1 of Bob's Burgers is a Mozzy reference. They're nextdoor neighbor is cartoon PETA, they probably had to add the F to avoid copyright laws or whatever, but his iconic line is in the window. I love it even more now. :sweet: *commencing brainless marathon of hilarity because the show is amazing*

8883693452_061de2efd5_b.jpg

Morrissey's "Your The One For Me, Fatty" was played on tonights Come Dine With Me and it worked very well with the theme and made me laugh :D

I'm sure Come Dine With Me loves Morrissey and The Smiths because you can often hear random Smiths and Morrissey songs throughout many episodes. They usually like to play This Charming Man and are very witty with their song choices at the end credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the fact that Paris Jackson quoted a few lines from Panic on her Twitter was a bit unexpected, then again, maybe not:

burn down the disco
hang the blessed dj
because the music that they constantly play
it says nothing to me about my life

https://twitter.com/ParisJackson

Is she the one that almost overdosed yesterday?

RUSSELL BRAND was left red-faced during a meeting with his hero MORRISSEY as he was distracted by a busty woman nearby. - express.co.uk

The Get Him to the Greek star has often told of his admiration for the former The Smiths frontman, and even named his pet cat after the singer.

He has met his idol on several occasions but during one discussion backstage at a venue in Los Angeles, the legendary Lothario found his mind wandering and his attention diverted by a large-chested lady.

Brand tells Esquire magazine, "It's hard because we live in a culture that takes every opportunity to stimulate your primal desires. Sexual imagery is everywhere. Maybe the second or third time I met Morrissey, it was like six years ago, and he came to see me do a stand-up show in Hollywood. And at the end, in this humble backstage area with a concrete floor and plastic garden chairs, we're both sitting there - his people are standing around, my people are standing around - and he goes: 'Well, how do you do it?'

"And this is the realisation of a childhood dream - my hero, the great artist Morrissey, affirming and praising my work. But while he's saying that, a girl with big t**s walks past in the background, and I immediately look at her. It's not even a decision... It's happening on such a deep level, that stuff."

RUSSELL BRAND was left red-faced during a meeting with his hero MORRISSEY as he was distracted by a busty woman nearby. - express.co.uk

The Get Him to the Greek star has often told of his admiration for the former The Smiths frontman, and even named his pet cat after the singer.

He has met his idol on several occasions but during one discussion backstage at a venue in Los Angeles, the legendary Lothario found his mind wandering and his attention diverted by a large-chested lady.

Brand tells Esquire magazine, "It's hard because we live in a culture that takes every opportunity to stimulate your primal desires. Sexual imagery is everywhere. Maybe the second or third time I met Morrissey, it was like six years ago, and he came to see me do a stand-up show in Hollywood. And at the end, in this humble backstage area with a concrete floor and plastic garden chairs, we're both sitting there - his people are standing around, my people are standing around - and he goes: 'Well, how do you do it?'

"And this is the realisation of a childhood dream - my hero, the great artist Morrissey, affirming and praising my work. But while he's saying that, a girl with big t**s walks past in the background, and I immediately look at her. It's not even a decision... It's happening on such a deep level, that stuff."

I was possibly there that night! :p I wasn't that woman though.

Moz mention on howard stern show

Howard stern says MOZ "cool" during interview with MOZ fan Russell Brand on today's satellite radio show. Stern an animal lover too.

Re: Moz mention on howard stern show

Howard stern says MOZ "cool" during interview with MOZ fan Russell Brand on today's satellite radio show. Stern an animal lover too.

:sweet: That's a cool shoutout, I love that guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079290

Some TV listings state Morrissey will be one of those featured in this programme.

Julien Temple's acclaimed film celebrating and documenting the history of the Glastonbury Festival. Concert footage, interviews, archive and home video combine to capture the essence and spirit of Glastonbury.

BBC2 and in HD, 11.30pm, tonight, first showing, not a repeat apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079290

Some TV listings state Morrissey will be one of those featured in this programme.

Julien Temple's acclaimed film celebrating and documenting the history of the Glastonbury Festival. Concert footage, interviews, archive and home video combine to capture the essence and spirit of Glastonbury.

BBC2 and in HD, 11.30pm, tonight, first showing, not a repeat apparently.

Thank you very much George.

Actually it features First of the Gang to Die, however, not Morrissey's live footage.

I was bit disappointed when I watched it few years ago.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom