Strange/unexpected Moz references?

BBC 6 Music is repeating Glastonbury documentary right now, today's show is indie / alternative acts.

Morrissey's interview is featured.

I was flying United Airline yesterday and listening to the in seat radio. The playlist of the 80s station contains the big three Smiths songs (TISALITNGO, HSIN, TCM) along with stuff from Stone Roses, Jam, New Order, Joy Division, Jesus and Mary Chain, and Happy Mondays. Was very unexpected from a commercial airline playlist.

BBC 4 is showing a drama Best Possible Taste: The Kenny Everett Story.

It's set in 80s, How Soon Is Now? was featured as soundtrack.

I happened to flick through a new Robbie Williams biography today - or more like chronologically organized photos with commentary - and there was a whole page dedicated to his obsession with Morrissey in 2004 and about how he was proposed to sing "Let Me Kiss You" with him as a duet at the Britawards if they'd kiss each other at the end. He had agreed immediately but for some reason it still didn't happen.

I hadn't heard anything about it before and didn't find much in the search either; quite an amusing story! Possibly a joke on Williams' behalf? The author was Chris Heath, not sure when and under what title the book was released in English.

On Tuesday BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq show has a regular slot "musical profiler" with Robin Ince.

Today's participant was English teacher Lynne from Sheffield who loves Smiths and Morrissey.

She said that she got a Morrissey tattoo.

Robin Ince also said that he's a fellow Smiths fan, discovered Patti Smith and other bands through them.

You can listen again from iPlayer.

BBC 6 Music Mary Anne Hobbs replayed a snippet of Russell Brand interview talking about Morrissey around 9:41 this morning.
Immediately afterwards she played last Saturday's Johnny Marr Glastonbury live There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

You can listen again Russell's full interview on 2nd July Shawn Keavny breakfast show around 9:00.

Last edited:
ivegotasadsonginmyheartgood:wayward hayward no We Heart It.... / Tumblr reblog

Matthew Hitt:

tumblr_mpjd37awr81rxscsno1_500.jpg

ivegotasadsonginmyheartgood:
Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Strange / unexpected Morrissey references?

Peter Hook is sitting for Guy Garvey tonight for his BBC 6 Music show.

Hooky is playing really terrible dance mix version of How Soon Is Now? :(

Re: Pageant of the Masters

I was at the pageant of the masters last night (http://www.foapom.com/) in Laguana Beach, Ca. They recreated a part from Ferris Bueller, the part at the museum. While that went on the orchestra played "please, please, please....."

Awesome!

(When my dad retired he said he wanted to volunteer for that. THen he practiced sitting in one place for a long time to show how talented he was. :p)

Awesome!

(When my dad retired he said he wanted to volunteer for that. THen he practiced sitting in one place for a long time to show how talented he was. :p)

It's an amazing show that I highly recommend. The work is beyond belief, it was even better because the song was played, it was my wedding anniversary and we used the (vitamin string quartet version of "please, please, please") at our wedding:) so that made the night even more special

I don't know his name and I have only seen him in videos at "KTV" but there is a Mandarin Pop singer who copies all the old school Moz moves
and possibly is translating some of his songs? the music is defo different, more "cabaretish"
basically its watching Moz as if he were:
1. Chinese
2. wore a cape on stage(so possibly a vampire?)
3. had boy band moves interspersed with his "mike whipping" thing
4. still smiled after he got a huge round of applause, remember those days?
5. hesitate to put this before, but this guy's hair looked "more Moz" to me than Moz's did the
last time I saq him perform, sorry

Last edited:
Orange Is the New Black: Season 1, Episode 6 WAC Pack:mentions How soon is now and some Latino prisoners talk about the Smiths.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom