Strange/unexpected Moz references?

I posted a reply to this a while ago, no one replied so ill try again.
In the movie 'The Wedding Singer',(Sandler/Berrymore) there is a scene where Sandlers character sings a song to Berrymore's. 'Would somebody kill me please', whatever its called. Right before he sings, I swear he plays the beginning guitar riff to "I started something".
I ask again. Does anyone else think so?

I'm really enjoying this show! it's quite good and I rather enjoyed the smiths reference.

tumblr_mqmq230rJj1qbbx7ao1_500.png

stretford arndale

From an article about Stretford Arndale:

"The market has caught the eye of others in recent times, with people realising the potential of a space preserved in time as a real-life filmset. Last year Theatre of Dreams was filmed in much of the market area including the absolutely wonderful Kingfisher Cafe that is still very much in business downstairs. The cafe has wood panel interior with orange furniture and solid corner booths made of plastic; a nostalgist’s dream come true.

Besides Kingfisher, next to the strange little patio area in what is effectively a small tunnel (with a bizarre convex ceiling), lies another old unit but it’s hidden behind shutters and locked away to even the operations manager of the building. If you could get in there and pass through this unit into the next you’d find yourself in El Patio. Onestory about this closed down pub, and indeed the shopping centre, is that it’s the backdrop to The Smiths song Reel Around The Fountain. The fountain in question refers to a central water feature no longer installed in the mall (they also had fish tanks) and the line "slap me on the patio" harks to the rough and ready nature of the customers who frequented El Patio.

Reel around the fountain

Slap me on the patio

I’ll take it now"

http://theskyliner.org/post/30035072149/the-ghosts-of-stretford-mall

In the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore is a sweet little drawing titled, "Hairdresser on Fire." It shows a little man with a dresser (bureau) on his head, which is in flames. I can't recall the artist and photos are not allowed inside, so no further details.

BBC 6 Music Radcliffe and Maconie show's regular slot The Chain played Boy Racer today.

You can listen again from iPlayer around 02:25:00.

Is it really strange/unexpected when Smiths and Morrissey songs are played on the radio? I sort of think no.

The Smiths made it on the facebook feed of Cheezburger today. Only half a million people will see this.

9467138073_1d69028754_z.jpg

I'm watching AMC, waiting for the new episode of Breaking Bad to start... and a commercial just aired for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. The music for for the ad, is a variation of Glamorous Glue. Anybody else hear it? Moz played at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan a few years back.

Moz Shout Out by Jesse Lacey

Just watched this old clip of Brand New and saw Jesse gave Morrissey a shout out on his guitar... may be old news but I thought it was cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUl9EcryOHc

Wish Moz would team up with somebody young like Jesse who adores him and has a very successful and critically acclaimed band but does lots of side projects

Last edited:
Strange / unexpected Morrissey references

BBC 6 Music will broadcast Smiths 1986 live around 23:15 tonight.

Gideon Coe is on holiday, son of John Peel, Tom Ravenscroft is on duty this week.

Re: Strange / unexpected Morrissey references

Apologies in advance it may well have been posted before, I was watching an old episode of Miami Vice and there is a scene in a strip club where the girls are dancing to "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me" whilst probably ironic from a lyrical point of a view but musically I'm thinking something of a challenge for the ladies to really get their groove on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom