Strange/unexpected Moz references?

university Challenge,
question about Heaven Knows i'm Miserable now, they had to finish the lyric, and they got it right! YAY! :D

Whilst Sophie Dahl was putting some chocolate things in the fridge they played 'please, please, please...'

Right before she cooked some fish. FFS!

Dave

In the latest Radio Times there's a review of that programme by Alison Graham, who says "The Delicious Miss Dahl was as winsome as a fairy's wand, right down to the drippy girly indie ballads that infected the soundrack"

:lbf:

Jeremy Vine played Cemetry Gates on BBC Radio 2 today, a pleasant surprise.

Jeremy Vine is one of the high profile Smiths / Morrissey fans in the UK.

He contributed Culture Show Living Icon presentation as well.

When 'Suedeheads' was on Eggheads, he quoted some lyrics.

Pity I didn't have time to show him The Cat's Mother's knitted Smiths.

'Hand In Glove' played during Sky's coverage of the United game last night, over a montage of Rooney's goals.

The link presumably is that Roon wears gloves most games these days; a superstitious thing I think.

Sunset Boulevard on Channel 4+1 at the moment :lbf:

I knew it would happen eventually, but I finally heard "I'm Throwing My Arms..." in a store! Ingle's supermarket, to be exact. The music played in that store is generally pretty cool; I've heard The Sundays, Doves, and Camera Obscura in there before.

Also, not so unexpected or strange, but I was listening to The Lucksmiths' song "A Great Parker" today. I'd never noticed the line "I was drunk in the haze of happy hour." I like the twist. If ya'll have never checked out The Lucksmiths, you should.:thumb:

Just had 'Boxers' playing in the background of a feature on the Football League Show about Darlington FC who are the football league's worst club. Even worse than Stockport County :(

How Soon Is Now playing in Spar today, and I overheard the accompanying conversation:

Girl 1: I hate The Smiths with a f***ing passion.
Girl 2: Really? What about Morrissey?
Girl 1: Morrissey is the very reason I hate The Smiths.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom