smiths 180 gram vinyl reissues 2009

motorways

so, i finally decided to open my copies of the new reissue, hoping to find the mp3 download card inside. but, smack in the face, there are no download codes. was there supposed to be a code? if not in the US reissues, is there a code in the UK versions?
so now i'm stuck with an opened reissue and no mp3s. could anyone please share the mp3s if they were in fact given away with this release? a PM would be fine too.

Thanks.

ok, I'm guessing there was no download code. Does his mean I have to open my copies and rip the vinyl? Pain in the ass. Or are they coming out on cd for christmas? Cha-ching.
(I've only listened to the s/t, but it sounds different enough that it'd be worth having a digital copy to play anywhere.)

ok, I'm guessing there was no download code. Does his mean I have to open my copies and rip the vinyl? Pain in the ass. Or are they coming out on cd for christmas? Cha-ching.
(I've only listened to the s/t, but it sounds different enough that it'd be worth having a digital copy to play anywhere.)

You should contact Rhino who failed to put download code card in your copy.

I contacted Rhino to complain about the quality of the inner sleeve, and the fact they where all ripped before i'd even opened them. They 've so far ignored my email. probably do the same to Motorways. I find it amazing you've got four albums all missing mp3 codes though.

Rhino is ridiculous.
They'll never respond.

The mp3 downloads are ripped from the old CDs, they don't feature the LP mastering. Only way to get that is to rip the vinyl itself.

Is this true?

I only ask because (particularly on the debut album) the difference between the CD version I had and the new MP3s was absolutely brilliant. And I really, honestly believe that.
On TQID and SHWC the difference is barely noticeable, but certainly on early tracks there is a real difference.

Possibly some upping of volume, although can't say I noticed. Other than that, same audio. Even tracklist differ - for example, the debut download includes 'This Charming Man' even though it's not on the vinyl.

Possibly some upping of volume, although can't say I noticed. Other than that, same audio. Even tracklist differ - for example, the debut download includes 'This Charming Man' even though it's not on the vinyl.
The Brazilian edition includes "This Charming Man". Here, if an album has no singles it won't sell.

(The Brazilian edition of Cure's 3 imaginary boys contains "Boys don't cry", for instance.)

Well, in that case I must have bought a REALLY rubbish version on the original CDs because the sound here is much better.
I noticed the tracklisting change, but figured that the adding of 'This Charming Man' to the debut and 'How Soon Is Now?' to MIM was so acceptable and widespread that it was easier just to put them in the download packet anyway (as they had already been remastered for Sound Of The Smiths anyway, so no extra work for the compilers).

I'd finish up by saying that if someone is in any doubt, and has only previously had the debut on CD I'd definately, without a doubt recommend the remasters.

I think you're confusing the MP3 offer that came with the UK reissues with the US reissues which weren't advertised as coming with a download coupon.

Back
Top Bottom