Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. EDIT: He's only done one interview that wasn't with or filmed by SER since 2017.

I think SER needs to reconsider his strategy.

Are you assuming the mysterious "John Riggers" from a Portuguese fanzine was Rayner, then? I wouldn't disagree with you.

I've read through this whole thread and can't shake the feeling that this is the most boring discussion I've ever seen. Who actually gives a f*** if it's a hoax magazine or not?

This site seems to have a tendency to overanalyse and dive deep into what would otherwise be generic throwaway posts on a social media account that mean very little.
I understand a few comments, but 7 pages worth?

Every second comment is a dig at the man too, which seems to be the real aim here. Very big "holier than thou" vibe with a lot of people.

Surely there's something better to do?

True. I don’t think he stumbled upon this himself. Someone probably saw it and wondered when Morrissey was in Portugal lately.
Well, he wasn’t and wanted to make that clear. In his usual hyperbolic way.

Storm in a teacup if there ever was one. Although it is nice to see a forgotten and lost interview session again.
At every single turn, he’s got you to defend his honour. He must be made up.

Maybe not but it's another post that doesn't do him any favours. and I was hoping that would change with the new manager.
Me too but I'm wondering if the new manager has anything to do with Central perhaps other than as of yet requesting that certain things get posted?

I've read through this whole thread and can't shake the feeling that this is the most boring discussion I've ever seen. Who actually gives a f*** if it's a hoax magazine or not?

This site seems to have a tendency to overanalyse and dive deep into what would otherwise be generic throwaway posts on a social media account that mean very little.
I understand a few comments, but 7 pages worth?

Every second comment is a dig at the man too, which seems to be the real aim here. Very big "holier than thou" vibe with a lot of people.

Surely there's something better to do?
This was all started by a post on Central not someone here trying to muckrake... but regardless, no one is forced to read through many pages or contribute to threads they find boring.

Last edited:
I long for the days when the most bizarre thing in Morrisseyland was when he took Supreme's money, tried to sell them on using an SER shot instead of a Terry Richardson, then cited the White Castle fast-food resaturant chain as the reason he wouldn't return the money.

Last edited:
I long for the days when the most bizarre thing in Morrisseyland was the fact that he took Supreme's money, tried to sell them on using an SER shot instead of a Terry Richardson, then blamed White Castle for the reason he wouldn't return the money.

Not returning money seems to be a big theme with Morrissey. Now it's Capitol Records and South American promoters, affecting his recording and touring. I guess money is more important to him than his art.

Not returning money seems to be a big theme with Morrissey. Now it's Capitol Records and South American promoters, affecting his recording and touring. I guess money is more important to him than his art.
Do you have irrefutable evidence that both of those things are absolutely concrete, or are we just going off hearsay?

So, someone saw a reference to a real old interview & thought it was a hoax new interview?

Central is a mess.
What a perfectly ordered world you must live in if you think this note indicates a mess! Newspapers have an apologies segment just to correct inevitable mistakes made. Broadcasters routinely have to skip items for various technical and other reasons. 'Enshittifcation' erodes the most unlikely sites online. In that context, MCentral is a shining beacon of consistency!
It’s possible this is simply an oversight as a transition in management takes place and the current one gets acclimated. It’s also possible there is an ongoing disconnect between the different tentacles that is the Moz octopus. It seems like there is always a lack of communication that causes these issues that could so easily be avoided. It’s as if no one talks to anyone else and they just do what they want… rarely pulling in the same direction.
Have you met Morrissey, Dneuer? Have you done some work for him? You give the impression of wanting to convince people that you know him better than he knows himself. Has familiarity bred the contempt you like to insinuate, over and over?

What a perfectly ordered world you must live in if you think this note indicates a mess! Newspapers have an apologies segment just to correct inevitable mistakes made. Broadcasters routinely have to skip items for various technical and other reasons. 'Enshittifcation' erodes the most unlikely sites online. In that context, MCentral is a shining beacon of consistency!

Have you met Morrissey, Dneuer? Have you done some work for him? You give the impression of wanting to convince people that you know him better than he knows himself. Has familiarity bred the contempt you like to insinuate, over and over?

I think Central should aim a little higher than 'less shit than shitty sites'.

Very old news.
Go back to the archives and you will see that me and BrummieBoy ripped Steven a new arse-hole for staying at this hotel.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Back
Top Bottom