New visitor messages now placed in moderation queue

Approvals for visitor messages

• Keep it

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
Well I haven't sent any recent ones, so no further complaints (smug) :cool:

nugz, I'm not too pleased about this moderation of my messages either. IT SUCKS DONKEY DICK.

haha, i was saying "damn you" to Buzz. i havent gotten any visitor messages today, so I have yet to test it out. I don't get 50 visitor messages a day so I don't think I'll really care either way.

haha, i was saying "damn you" to Buzz. i havent gotten any visitor messages today, so I have yet to test it out. I don't get 50 visitor messages a day so I don't think I'll really care either way.

Well, today for some reason I got 12 and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I hardly get any visitor messages - well, I do, but not 12 in a day! I STILL don't like it and I would LIKE to know what prompted it. I think we have the right to know.

I would LIKE to know what prompted it. I think we have the right to know.

Cigarette_Smoking_Man_(1992).jpg

the-truth-is-out-there-21042.jpg

I STILL don't like it and I would LIKE to know what prompted it. I think we have the right to know.

I may be mistaken, but I think that I prompted it last night. I'll spare you the details, but I left two visitor messages for someone. I thought they were perfectly innocuous messages, one of which was following up on a conciliatory PM that I sent that user last week. Apparently not, though; I awoke this morning to find a PM from a moderator asking me never to contact that user again. Not only that, but the user completely disabled all profile visitor messages from his/her profile, instead of merely deleting the two I'd left.

If this is really what prompted this obviously misguided change in the forum, then I weep for humanity. Even more than usual, that is.

So go ahead, everyone--I'll take the blame for this boneheaded decision. Whatever.

I may be mistaken, but I think that I prompted it last night. I'll spare you the details, but I left two visitor messages for someone. I thought they were perfectly innocuous messages, one of which was following up on a conciliatory PM that I sent that user last week. Apparently not, though; I awoke this morning to find a PM from a moderator asking me never to contact that user again. Not only that, but the user completely disabled all profile visitor messages from his/her profile, instead of merely deleting the two I'd left.

If this is really what prompted this obviously misguided change in the forum, then I weep for humanity. Even more than usual, that is.

So go ahead, everyone--I'll take the blame for this boneheaded decision. Whatever.

:D

I_want_to_believe.jpg

Well, today for some reason I got 12 and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I hardly get any visitor messages - well, I do, but not 12 in a day! I STILL don't like it and I would LIKE to know what prompted it. I think we have the right to know.

I'd like to know too. I think it has something to do with Viva Latte/Reelaround, for one.

This is going to hurt your chances of becoming a moderator. :rolleyes: ;) ;)

poll added. I'll set it back to the previous settings if most people prefer that.

I'd like to know too. I think it has something to do with Viva Latte/Reelaround, for one.

WHAT? Are you mad girl? I think you must be more than a tiny bit paranoid to go beyond the bounds of reasonable deduction in order to think that!

There apparently was some kind of earlier admittance statement, not by me, so I suggest you go back to the beginning of the thread, mull it over awhile, then get your brain cells working to deduce the conclusion of actual events, and not what your inverted particularly paranoid brain cells lead you conclude

Oh, and by the way, the remark I made earlier was indeed a reference to a certain member. But that is in the past now. So get over it.

WHAT? Are you mad girl? I think you must be more than a tiny bit paranoid to go beyond the bounds of reasonable deduction in order to think that!

There apparently was some kind of earlier admittance statement, not by me, so I suggest you go back to the beginning of the thread, mull it over awhile, then get your brain cells working to deduce the conclusion of actual events, and not what your inverted particularly paranoid brain cells lead you conclude

Oh, and by the way, the remark I made earlier was indeed a reference to a certain member. But that is in the past now. So get over it.

Paranoid!? pfft. For one, I have no idea what remark you made earlier, so it's easy to 'get over'...of course if I took a minute to look I'm sure I'd 'deduce' something in that little pea brain of mine. I don't know all the actual events surrounding the Viva Latte thing...but Viva Latte (as Viva Mochachino) started a thread that they “reported an offensive message that someone had left on their profile page" and was upset for being banned over it when the ‘provoker’ wasn’t....I was curious as to what could have happened since Viva Latte's comments always seemed harmless to me.

In that "banned" thread Viva L/M made, your reply stood out. So, being curious (hardly paranoid), I took a quick look around (apx 2 minutes –surely not beyond any 'reasonable bounds'), checked VL’s messages to see what may have prompted it, and your “boner” comment piqued my interest in the situation. Add to that other antagonistic comments you’ve made towards VL/VM and others (and some kind of inside knowledge by mentioning two Viva’s and a UO), and YES it’s just what my inverted particularly paranoid brain cells concluded.

Then shortly thereafter, davidt creates a thread and a rule to approve visitor messages. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I’m sure there’s more to this than you but I just thought you may have played a part in it. That’s why I said, “I think”.

Either way, I don’t give a flying f***.

Paranoid!? pfft. For one, I have no idea what remark you made earlier, so it's easy to 'get over'...of course if I took a minute to look I'm sure I'd 'deduce' something in that little pea brain of mine. I don't know all the actual events surrounding the Viva Latte thing...but Viva Latte (as Viva Mochachino) started a thread that they “reported an offensive message that someone had left on their profile page" and was upset for being banned over it when the ‘provoker’ wasn’t....I was curious as to what could have happened since Viva Latte's comments always seemed harmless to me.

In that "banned" thread Viva L/M made, your reply stood out. So, being curious (hardly paranoid), I took a quick look around (apx 2 minutes –surely not beyond any 'reasonable bounds'), checked VL’s messages to see what may have prompted it, and your “boner” comment piqued my interest in the situation. Add to that other antagonistic comments you’ve made towards VL/VM and others (and some kind of inside knowledge by mentioning two Viva’s and a UO), and YES it’s just what my inverted particularly paranoid brain cells concluded.

Then shortly thereafter, davidt creates a thread and a rule to approve visitor messages. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I’m sure there’s more to this than you but I just thought you may have played a part in it. That’s why I said, “I think”.

Either way, I don’t give a flying f***.

If you don't 'give a flying f***', then why are you poking your snot nose into something that you are merely surmising the 'prospective' existant facts of, without doing adequate research? Which, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would do. Then you surmise, by way of jumping to conclusions, without actually having any real facts in hand, but only imaginary and mostly inconsequential suppositional fantasist so-called 'rationalised' conclusional verbally disorientated 'facts' on hand to defend your argument about what is real and what is not, according to your irrationality?

If you don't 'give a flying f***', then why are you poking your snot nose into something that you are merely surmising the 'prospective' existant facts of, without doing adequate research? Which, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would do. Then you surmise, by way of jumping to conclusions, without actually having any real facts in hand, but only imaginary and mostly inconsequential suppositional fantasist so-called 'rationalised' conclusional verbally disorientated 'facts' on hand to defend your argument about what is real and what is not, according to your irrationality?

I'll have the big un's , mm hmm .

SlingBlade_mt.jpg

when you begin to write a post, do you have a thesaurus handy so you can take your original words and then find the BIGGEST similar words to replace them with, so you sound smart?

when you begin to write a post, do you have a thesaurus handy so you can take your original words and then find the BIGGEST similar words to replace them with, so you sound smart?

Yes, I use words like lulz

Yes, I use words like lulz

everyone understands "lulz." it's short and to the point. but THIS mess?? i mean, slowly read what you just wrote here..i mean...suppositional and conclusional AREN'T EVEN WORDS! I guess you don't use a thesaurus afterall. you just make words up.

Then you surmise, by way of jumping to conclusions, without actually having any real facts in hand, but only imaginary and mostly inconsequential suppositional fantasist so-called 'rationalised' conclusional verbally disorientated 'facts' on hand to defend your argument about what is real and what is not, according to your irrationality?

dave_chappelle_what.gif

Back
Top Bottom