Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am moved by the video and he comes across as sincere and somewhat defeated. It seems like these last couple of albums were a fresh start and an opportunity for a "come back." Yet, he manages to dick it up yet again. First a public war with Harvest records and now an interview with a magazine intent on derailing him... really? He does a wonderful job of sabotaging his own success and I really can't figure out why.

Last edited:
My libtard snowflake brain found it objectionable, insulting and most definitely in very poor taste.

But in my heart yeh I agree it's f***ing hilarious.:D
Highly educated is Diane. Just the other day...

upload_2017-12-18_8-16-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-18_8-15-20.png
    upload_2017-12-18_8-15-20.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
ODE TO THE SECRET SERVICE

Don't talk to me, no
About people who are nice
'Cause I have spent my whole life in ruins
Because of people who are nice

The NSA keep files on everyone and keep track of people who say things like that.
They know he's not going to kill Trump. but every time he goes through customs and his passport is checked the agent will see that he's on a list. He will be questioned and they will pat him down. Remember when he complained about that airport incident? He's going to get a lot more of that. If he resists he might be arrested or strip-searched or both.
His taxes in the US will get more complicated and he will probably be audited.
Because of the way the laws are written now they don't need any court's permission to wiretap so all of his phone calls will probably be listened to and his emails read, at least for a while. They aren't going to arrest him for what he said but there are consequences and he should already regret it.
He really should stick to talking about "Madonna's African child" and leave the President alone, especially this one.

He should have just said he would push Trump down a manhole and laugh at him, then there would no problemo's :guitar::guitar:

What a depressing video. Being a Morrissey fan, I love hearing him speak but the content is just so banal. Instead of clarifying his comments he just spends eight minutes moaning how the media is out to get him. The thing is, if you say questionable things, the media will happily flaunt them because they are good copy. That's however not their fault but your own for saying them in the first place.

Jacky didn't get played because it was a very typical Morrissey single, which the fans might love but to the rest of the world it was same old same old. It simply wasn't as good as Spent The Day In Bed, which had much more crossover appeal -- and was also the first single, which always gets more attention than the second single. All things considered, Low In High School sold the amount it was reasonably expected to sell: chart-wise it did about same business than the new U2 album, which is saying something of our times and the rock stars approaching sixty.

I am also troubled about him going about terrorism. This is sheer Trumpism: always point the spotlight onto Islamic terrorism and ignore all other kinds of crime. Trump didn't mind that much a lone American killing 59 people in Vegas, while Morrissey flippantly compared the Breivik shootings to what happens in fast food joints everyday. I understand Manchester is his home base, so an attack there shocks him more, but the discrepancy is obvious.

Despite all this, I'm still looking forward to hearing and buying rest of the LIHS session songs and hoping that he continues making records with BMG.

'I’m glad he made this video. There is only honesty and sincerity in his words and actions here. All of this has been blown completely out of proportion. As if Morrissey is even capable of supporting such acts of violence. If you think so, then you haven’t a clue who he is or what he is about.

It’s a f***ing sad day. It really is...'

HEAR HEAR ! :thumb:

The point of the quote function is that you don't have to type somebody's words again and especially not in a bigger font. Do you think we're dim?

Flaming Nora. Where to start. Moz starts off complaining about the chart position of the album, and then blames the 'print media', and Der Spiegel in particular, when in reality Der Spiegel only printed what he said. Surely he knows by now how easy it is to get negative press. I'd say the new record company is beginning to wonder why they ever bothered. Is Moz seriously facing the chance of not being allowed back into the US? Surely he creates too much revenue to be banned from the country?
On a plus side Moz is looking well. On a negative side he seems intent on ruining his career with his gob. I also think the comment about the Manchester kids is unwarranted. HE is not the only person who remembers them. Their parents are living in hell and will until they die, and even for Moz his level of arrogance is shocking and insulting. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was a parent of one of those lovely kids and had to listen to Morrissey talking about it. I didn't see him playing in the benefit concert or making himself available. Johnny Marr made an impromptu appearance on stage with Broken Social Scene the night after the atrocity.

Just watched it. Think he has a valid point about the left-wing and right-wing shutting down discourse and how his album was not reviewed musically. However as he later admits he's been in this business for 35 years so he knows how it works, particularly where He is concerned.

Don't think the juxtaposition of the terrorist atrocity in Manchester and his lack of tv appearances segue well together and I certainly don't think there's a media conspiracy against him.

As for the USA thing, he's being his usual melodramatic self.

Morrissey's best work used to come from when he felt he was up against it, so hope springs eternal.

And someone give him a hug.

I had to take a deep breath after reading that...

A singular breath. An exhale. Your last...?
I don't know some things about the laws of the USA, but I doubt that this is related to anything he says in that video (Weinstein, Spacey, etc), but it is probably related to the specific answer to the question about killing Donald Trump.

I am just guessing, because I don't know the details of the laws of the USA... but in most countries you would not be allowed back if you say that you "would kill the president"... even if you have zero chances of actually doing it (or probably zero intentions of actually trying to do it, nor links with persons/groups that may have intentions of doing it).

I was surprised when I read that interview and saw the comment on Trump. My surprise was wondering if he would be able to get away with it and go back to the USA considering that he's not North American. Of course he CAN'T kill Trump and I am assuming that he would not kill Trump if he could (though it's obvious that he can't).

So the question itself was nonsensical, somehow like a sci-fi question... similar to those "If you had a time machine" questions... but I assume that suggesting that he would kill Donald Trump can be a problem, especially because he is not American.

Probable someone who lives in the USA may know better, I am just guessing.

Morrissey should definitely be banned from the United States of America. He quite clearly stated he would kill the President if he had an easy opportunity. As his ponders the implications of his ETSA visa status revocation and having to attend interviews at the American Embassy in London each time he wants to flit in and out of the country, he suddenly realises what a catastrophic error of judgement he has made. But he only regrets it because he has been pulled up sharp by those entrusted to guard the President.

Weeping and wailing that "I didn't actually mean it!" is irrelevant and spineless. He has contributed to a toxic public discourse in American life where resorting to violence for political ends is infesting the public memetic space. The issue is this:

What effect does Morrissey's empty bluster of a threat have on a seriously delusional fan of his music? Is there a deranged Morrissey fan on these boards who would read his words and take it as a 'sign' that Morrissey is asking them to nix the President? It isn't just the fact that Morrissey said he would execute the President if a simple, expedient button option was available to him, it's the potentially dreadful morbid sequelae of his words if such a psychotic fan is out there. Given some of the comments on these boards over the years, that is surely something the US security services are obliged to consider as part of their response to Morrissey's pathetic outburst.

I sincerely hope Morrissey is banned from the United States for a probationary period as only that hit on his business income and personal freedom is likely to wake him up from his delusional narcissism whereby he thinks he can say in public what he says to his arse-licking enablers in private. He now realises he is in very serious trouble. A whole tidal wave of karmic blow-back is hitting him and he richly deserves all of it.

If Trump doesn't ban Morrissey from the US, on what possible grounds can he claim legitimacy for his ban on suspected threat entities from chaotic failed states? Trump needs to make an example of Morrissey and show him who is boss.

Do you still think you're a clever-clogs now, Steven?

best
BB

Morrissey should definitely be banned from the United States of America. He quite clearly stated he would kill the President if he had an easy opportunity. As his ponders the implications of his ETSA visa status revocation and having to attend interviews at the American Embassy in London each time he wants to flit in and out of the country, he suddenly realises what a catastrophic error of judgement he has made. But he only regrets it because he has been pulled up sharp by those entrusted to guard the President.

Weeping and wailing that "I didn't actually mean it!" is irrelevant and spineless. He has contributed to a toxic public discourse in American life where resorting to violence for political ends is infesting the public memetic space. The issue is this:

What effect does Morrissey's empty bluster of a threat have on a seriously delusional fan of his music? Is there a deranged Morrissey fan on these boards who would read his words and take it as a 'sign' that Morrissey is asking them to nix the President? It isn't just the fact that Morrissey said he would execute the President if a simple, expedient button option was available to him, it's the potentially dreadful morbid sequelae of his words if such a psychotic fan is out there. Given some of the comments on these boards over the years, that is surely something the US security services are obliged to consider as part of their response to Morrissey's pathetic outburst.

I sincerely hope Morrissey is banned from the United States for a probationary period as only that hit on his business income and personal freedom is likely to wake him up from his delusional narcissism whereby he thinks he can say in public what he says to his arse-licking enablers in private. He now realises he is in very serious trouble. A whole tidal wave of karmic blow-back is hitting him and he richly deserves all of it.

If Trump doesn't ban Morrissey from the US, on what possible grounds can he claim legitimacy for his ban on suspected threat entities from chaotic failed states? Trump needs to make an example of Morrissey and show him who is boss.

best
BB
A singular breath. An exhale. Your last...? We both agree and wish for the same thing then. :thumb:

The NSA keep files on everyone and keep track of people who say things like that.
They know he's not going to kill Trump. but every time he goes through customs and his passport is checked the agent will see that he's on a list. He will be questioned and they will pat him down. Remember when he complained about that airport incident? He's going to get a lot more of that. If he resists he might be arrested or strip-searched or both.
His taxes in the US will get more complicated and he will probably be audited.
Because of the way the laws are written now they don't need any court's permission to wiretap so all of his phone calls will probably be listened to and his emails read, at least for a while. They aren't going to arrest him for what he said but there are consequences and he should already regret it.
He really should stick to talking about "Madonna's African child" and leave the President alone, especially this one.

Exactly as it should be. There's no reason why the TSA shouldn't now routinely subject him to deep cavity searches for a concealed weapon. And I'm pretty sure the real punishment will come from the IRS rather than any 'official' response from the security services...he's made his bed....now let him lie in it..

Needless to say if either Morrissey or any of his associates are trolling these boards, their comment history is part of the NSA/GCHQ data map on possible threat scenarios to Trump. In fact, every single poster here should be aware they are being monitored by NSA/GCHQ bots before they let rip with their potty mouths and defend Morrissey's indefensible words concerning President Trump. If you've already let rip, don't be surprised if you have consequences at airports or elsewhere....nothing on the interwebs is anonymous, only seriously silly people ever thought it was...trust me, I'm a British spy. Seriously. I am indeed a British spy.

best
BB

He obviously has a visa, probably a Green Card... but they can be revoked.
In most countries an "I would kill the president" statement published in a newspaper CAN be a problem for a non-native citizen.
I do not know how far a non-native "permanent resident" is allowed to go in the USA though when it comes to public statements.

US immigration law has been such for a couple of years at least that any person who is not a citizen of the USA can have their immigration status taken away from them and thrown out of the country never to be let in because of many things that Morrissey has said so far. I took a course on US immigration law of Emory University out of curiosy during the past three years, even though I am not going to the USA any time soon myself, but it is good to know locally as well to be able to assess the nonsense that it is said about US immigration and what's made of it in respect to Trump for example. I have been wondering ever since why Morrissey has been allowed back to the USA. Does he have any special rights? No wonder that he expects to be treated as if this is the case elsewhere, in Italy for example. Before the law everybody should be equal, but obviously some people, like him, are more equal than others.

He is incredibly high nosed. Of course he knows whom he is speaking to and that it works with them.

It is laughable that he complains about people out to destroy others, when this has been the Morrissey fan system for a long time now and he has enjoyed watching his supposedly most devoted fans destroy others who at the time were still thinking he was different. Morrissey is at least as mischieveous as the UK press, he can drop the complaints. There are exactly three fingers pointing back at him while he is pointing at others. Somebody in his close environment should do something about this rant that is by now coming out with always the same wording because he has repeated it so often. It says a lot about his direct environment, too.

It is also quite telling whom he forgot in this thank you speech. Congratulations, we know that your world always circles around the same things.

best
BB

I agree with everything you say! His nephew should be banned for good measure. Let Morrissey in. Keep his god awful shite for brains nephew outta here.

He obviously has a visa, probably a Green Card... but they can be revoked.
In most countries an "I would kill the president" statement published in a newspaper CAN be a problem for a non-native citizen.
I do not know how far a non-native "permanent resident" is allowed to go in the USA though when it comes to public statements.

The issue of where Morrissey is domiciled for personal & corporate taxation is another smoking gun/shoe to drop. And if he's not under the shield of British citizenship anymore & has purchased citizenship in a country to minimise his tax liabilities to the UK and/or the US, then he may be truly fcUK'd with regard to US entry now. I assume he travels on a non-British passport for tax purposes but I may be wrong. Can anyone shed light on Morrissey's tax strategies?

best
BB

The issue of where Morrissey is domiciled for personal & corporate taxation is another smoking gun/shoe to drop. And if he's not under the shield of British citizenship anymore & has purchased citizenship in a country to minimise his tax liabilities to the UK and/or the US, then he may be truly fcUK'd with regard to US entry now. I assume he travels on a non-British passport for tax purposes but I may be wrong. Can anyone shed light on Morrissey's tax strategies?

best
BB
Pretty sure I saw a video of him at an airport and the staff member was holding his passport which was an EU passport. So it could be a British one?

best
BB
Switzerland?

Like this comment if you think BrummieBoy should make a response video :flamethrow::whip::gun::censored:

Morrissey's star has fallen so far that it's hard to know whether it would really be worth the effort at this stage, but boy would that be..... *popcorn* :popcorn:
What a fantastic early Christmas present that could shape up to be for Morrissey :santa::dizzy::santa:
The prospect alone should be enough to have him writhing and sweating through his sheets tonight in 3 degrees celsius weather! :nailpolish:

I have already made a response video. It's the promo video for my first 45rpm single: "VegAnarchyInTheUK". But I can certainly confirm I wouldn't hesitate to publicly challenge Morrissey were he ever delusional enough to think he could even make eye contact with me without consequences that would make his current woes seems like a mild headache. Morrissey must now suffer in silence. He dared to try and stifle the debate on these boards once with his absurd 'f*** Morrissey-Solo.com' outburst in Bradford. If he wants his public life to end in absolute ignominy and ridicule then taking on 'BrummieBoy' would guarantee that baleful outcome. If/when BB actually steps on stage, even one word of insolence from Morrissey will be regarded as an act of war and the cruise missiles would be launched without hesitation. I come from Small Heath. I'm both Peaky and Paddy. I'm Roma. We fight to the death. I really don't think Steven is up for that kind of bout other than in his fantasy landscape where he fetishises hard-men. BB is the hardest man who ever lived. If Morrissey ever wants to call BB's bluff....well, there's a Clint Eastwood gif or two that would illuminate the consequences but I have other projects this morning.

best
BB

I am moved by the video and he comes across as sincere and somewhat defeated. It seems like these last couple of albums were a fresh start and an opportunity for a "come back." Yet, he manages to dick it up yet again. First a public war with Harvest records and now an interview with a magazine intent on derailing him... really? He does a wonderful job of sabotaging his own success and I really can't figure out why.
He has always been outspoken so is not going to change now.
He did get off with a fresh start with Spent the Day, which was embraced by British national radio and media alike. However, the campaign went downhill from the Anne Marie Waters-comment onwards.
And that says a lot more about how modern media works than about Morrissey.
He could get away with remarks like this 10, 20, 30 years ago, but unfortunately in today's prudish times they get snowballed into big 'news'- and social media-stories.

So again, it is the lack of a manager/press agent that lets him down. Will he ever learn?

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom