Morrissey to play Dublin

Sorted count me in.
Is there anyone on this site that knows where Dublin is?:confused:
Is it in Ireland or something?:confused:

After a little panicking and scuffling with ticketbastard not acknowledging my maestro card (yes i did try 'laser') ive got one...
boy do i owe the swear box some money now... :rolleyes:

*dashes off to work*

anyone whos travelling up from cork on the friday, maybe we should all plan to take the same bus, and have a unofficial moz outing?? :cool:

Sorted count me in.

Welcome to Dublin, "The Emerald City," and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin-Laurens County "Green and Growing" have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life.

The City of Dublin was incorporated by the Georgia Assembly on December 9th, 1812, and made the county seat. It is said that a citizen, Jonathan Sawyer, named it Dublin after the capital of his Irish homeland.

Centrally located in Middle Georgia, Dublin, chosen as a "City of Excellence" by Georgia Trend Magazine in January 2000, is strategically situated at the junction of Interstate 16 and U.S. Highway 441 and 319. U.S. 80 provides easy access from both east and west. The network of highways makes travel pleasant to major Georgia cities. 55 Minutes to Macon, 1 hour 55 minutes to the Atlanta Airport, and 1 hour 45 minutes to Savannah. Dublin was also selected as a Signature Community in January of 2007 by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.

Dublin-Laurens County offers something for everyone. The wonderfully mild climate of Middle Georgia creates a haven for the sportsman who enjoys tennis, golf, fishing, or hunting. If you enjoy shopping, you'll find plenty of opportunities to do so at over 400 stores, including Dublin Mall. Our historic downtown is a busy retail center filled with shops, restaurants, the recently renovated Theatre Dublin and the Dublin-Laurens County Historical Museum.

In March, the entire community is a "wee bit Irish" for the Dublin-Laurens St. Patrick's Festival which has been in existence for over 30 years! The month-long celebration offers fun for the whole family with a parade, a road race, an arts and craft fair, a leprechaun contest and much more.

These Charming Men in Dublin tomorrow night check
Damien Dempsey in Whelans June 12th Check
Morriseey in Cork June 26th Check
Morrissey in Dublin June 28th Check.

Looks like a good month coming up:guitar:

cossy

But did you see the jealousy in the eyes
Of the ones who had to stay behind? :tears:

:cool:

Sorted count me in.

I think its just past Mitchelstown. Will I need a Passport?

The advertisement in this morning's Irish Times supplement "The Ticket" describes the gig as an "intimate outdoor show". Whatever that means.....

From Ticketmaster it looks like it is being sponsored / promoted by 2FM and the Irish Times - I think 2FM was the radio station that broadcast the Dublin Caatle gig a couple of years ago - so they might do this one as wel. Cool.

A little more detils from http://www.pod.ie/list_events.php?v...9&event_search=morrissey&next_ten=1&&venue=45

Bit of a bugger for me, as I've got tickets for Dolly Parton in Manchester that night....

Centrally located in Middle Georgia, Dublin, chosen as a "City of Excellence" by Georgia Trend Magazine in January 2000, is strategically situated at the junction of Interstate 16 and U.S. Highway 441 and 319. U.S. 80 provides easy access from both east and west. The network of highways makes travel pleasant to major Georgia cities. 55 Minutes to Macon, 1 hour 55 minutes to the Atlanta Airport, and 1 hour 45 minutes to Savannah. Dublin was also selected as a Signature Community in January of 2007 by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.

In March, the entire community is a "wee bit Irish" for the Dublin-Laurens St. Patrick's Festival which has been in existence for over 30 years! The month-long celebration offers fun for the whole family with a parade, a road race, an arts and craft fair, a leprechaun contest and much more.

Thanks for the info.I've booked a direct flight from Cork to Atlanta with Aer Arann.;)
The only fly in the ointment is that I won't be able to take part in the Leprechaun contest.:)

As far as I'm aware, you may need to carry a Passport or Drivers Licence etc for identification purposes, but it's not a requisite to enter either jurisdiction..

Common Travel Area
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Common Travel Area includes the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Republic of IrelandThe Common Travel Area is a passport-free zone that comprises the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey. The area's internal borders are subject to minimal or non-existent border controls and can normally be crossed by Irish and British citizens, Manx people and Channel Islanders with only minimal identity documents. Persons who have acquired citizenship but were born elsewhere still have to carry a passport or some proof of their British or Irish citizenship. The maintenance of the Area involves considerable co-operation on immigration matters between the British and Irish authorities. There has never been a formal agreement between Ireland and the United Kingdom regarding the Common Travel Area. It has been reported that the arrangement will change to some extent from 2009.

It's all quite confusing.

My friend managed to get to Dublin by ferry just using his student card as ID! I personally don't know if I'd like to risk it...

Thanks for the info.I've booked a direct flight from Cork to Atlanta with Aer Arann.;)
The only fly in the ointment is that I won't be able to take part in the Leprechaun contest.:)

As it's the land of the fairies and the little people, you should be able to be transported on gossamer wings without the need to take one of these new-fangled airyplanes.

It's all quite confusing.

My friend managed to get to Dublin by ferry just using his student card as ID! I personally don't know if I'd like to risk it...

It is the airlines that insist on passports - although a drivers license has been known to do to get on a UK bound flight. I've travelled on the ferry on numerous occasions and I didn't even have to show ID. In fact I was over at the beginning of May, and was barley asked fo a boarding pass. Put it this way, you can drive freely over the border between Ireland and Northern Ireland. There is no passport control between Ireland and the UK. Do you think I'd have to show my passport getting on a train or bus from Dublin to Belfast?

Have you not read Ghosts post? It's in America,of course you'll need a passport.Or alternatively dress a a leprechaun and you'll sail past passport control.

Oh right, so its just west of Dingle/Daingean Ui Chuis then. Sorted, I'll strap the cart to the donkey, and head off so. Wasn't that were Peig lived?

Anyone got a link?
Been too busy with exams so forgot to buy a ticket this morning.

Oh right, so its just west of Dingle/Daingean Ui Chuis then. Sorted, I'll strap the cart to the donkey, and head off so. Wasn't that were Peig lived?

:D:D:D in ainm de, Now you've really confused a lot of readers here!
Seriously though although I'm gutted I'm not going I hope it's a class gig and everyone has a great time :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom