Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the second largest democratic party in Norway is against Islamic influence in the country that would suggest many politicians are out of step with a significant percentage of the population.

Very true. Its nearly 20 % (April 2011). Scary.

How about YOU define it for ME?

You are doing exactly what you accuse me of doing! You 'play GOD', to use your own terms, by deciding that the Norwegian children are of more moral worth than 76 chickens. So I don't know what you're getting at.

An absolute refusal to 'play GOD', as you put it, simply leads to complete moral indecision. Including not being able to condemn the killing of children at all.

So unless you are prepared to do that, you must 'play GOD'.

Sure. I argue from tradition. Since the beginning of time men have killed animals for their meat to consume, as animals have killed each other for the same reason. This means that there is already a defintion of man as a subject that kills animals to live. Check the religions of all people and you will find this definition. That be animals are given to man by gods or there is a deal between the animal and man.

I never heard of a defintion of man being a subject that kills other humans as a means to consume meast. The killing of other men have had to be for an other reason. If not then it was not social accepted, maybe for a few tribes living in the jungles of South America, but they could not interact with other humans and were therefore forced out of the human society. There were also religious reasons for killing, but random killings of humans was not something that was accepted over time.

This means that to humans traditionally there is a difference between killing a child and a chicken.

Now if you think killing a child is the same as killing a chicken then you argue against tradition and the common understanding of what a human does or does not. So NO I am not doing what I accause you of.

You are changing the defintion of what a human should or should not do. That is ok but you have to argue by logic why killing a child is the same as killing a chicken. You say they both have feelings, that they both are beings and those left behind will feel the same. That is the chickens that are left behind feel the same as those left behind when their child are killed.

Your logic is a kill is a kill no matter if it is a chicken or a human child. Now I and 99% of the world disagrees so you have to tell us why you think killing a child is the same as killing a chicken. I already set a clear line there. By the way there is one more argument as to why you have to prove to me that I am wrong. If you kill a chicken nothing happpens if you kill a child then the rest of your time on earth will likely be a living hell. Why do think that is? You are changing defintions you have to tell me where the new lines are....

Huge Morrissey fan from the beginning, with no axe to grind.

Has anyone ever raised before the possibility that he is somewhere on the autistic spectrum? A serious question, and I speak from family experience but his lack of social interaction skills and seeming lack of human empathy and difficulty to keep friendships would point to it, even on a mild scale.

The second biggest democratic party in Norway is islamophobic/racist, the murderer shared many of their views. This is a problem within the society that Norway has to deal with. This is the real problem. To turn hatred towards Morrissey, vegetarianism and the rest of the world is wrong. Look yourself in the mirror please if you dare?! It is certainly needed, instead of shifting, make progress in your internal fishy racist patriotic tendencies.

Nothing's changed
I still love you, oh, I still love you
Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to, my love

I note that you have not dealt with any of the cogent arguments posted by Wayneclooney.

You played the man, not the ball.
I suspect because the post was the one of the best that I have read on this thread.

I'd deal with your counter-arguments. But, ... wait ... , there are none. Just abuse. Well done, you.

Dear Brummieboy,

I would just like to tell you that this person, thing, really that responded to your post, well he doesn’t even know a thing about Ethiopia or the Jain religion.

I would also like to tell you that I think your post was one of the best I have ever read on the site so far.

Guess who

"We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough"

Except that yes we are told the names of the people who were killed, the names were published in full as soon as they were confirmed by the police, in pretty much every newspaper, and extensively online.

Why make a statement on a story you haven't actually bothered to follow?

If you find yourself having to explain what you've said days after the event, maybe what you said wasn't as clever and apposite as you initially though.

Huge Morrissey fan from the beginning, with no axe to grind.

Has anyone ever raised before the possibility that he is somewhere on the autistic spectrum? A serious question, and I speak from family experience but his lack of social interaction skills and seeming lack of human empathy and difficulty to keep friendships would point to it, even on a mild scale.

I really see what you pose, I have been thinking the same.

I think you are on to something.

Yes or no?
If Morrisey had said, "My sympathy to the victims of the Norway tragedy. It was atrocious, as is the slaughter of millions of animals every year. Why are we not outraged about that as well?" would it have been acceptable?

I have Asperger Syndrome. I think it is possible he does as well. I often wonder why people get worked up about presentation without cutting through to the underlying issue.
Aspies can offend without meaning to as they forget to take others' feeling into account when they are passionate about an issue. Adult diagnosis can be a huge relief.

I have Asperger Syndrome. I think it is possible he does as well. I often wonder why people get worked up about presentation without cutting through to the underlying issue.
Aspies can offend without meaning to as they forget to take others' feeling into account when they are passionate about an issue. Adult diagnosis can be a huge relief.

You things are pathetic. Not only are you just all the sitting ducks that are here on these boards who are really terrorists and vigilantes.

Now you are becoming Morrissey’s psychiatrist. Lord have mercy. Ahahahah.

Kate2828

To Kate2828.
At least the poster with A Syndrome has respect for others and makes a civil point.
Maybe it is you who needs a psychiatrist for paranoia. Just because you do not agree with people does not make them terrorists and vigilantes. Or are you just pathetically rude with no respect for anyone? Name calling belongs in the playground. Let's raise the tone.

To Kate2828.
At least the poster with A Syndrome has respect for others and makes a civil point.
Maybe it is you who needs a psychiatrist for paranoia. Just because you do not agree with people does not make them terrorists and vigilantes. Or are you just pathetically rude with no respect for anyone? Name calling belongs in the playground. Let's raise the tone.

Agreed. Are we now going so low as to insult people who have a disability just because we do not agree with them? Grow up and show some respect Kate. Why is it an insult to Morrissey anyway? Plenty of respected people speculate about Bill Gates and others having AS. It is just an observation not meant offensively.

Agreed. Are we now going so low as to insult people who have a disability just because we do not agree with them? Grow up and show some respect Kate. Why is it an insult to Morrissey anyway? Plenty of respected people speculate about Bill Gates and others having AS. It is just an observation not meant offensively.

Wow. It's almost as if you replied to your own post to show support. Surely not.

No but I work with AS youngsters - we teach them to respect others so I will stand up for others abusing them. I read boards about veggie debate really but find it sad people r just so nasty in their comments to each other - hatred lead to violence against humans and animals, surely nobody wants that so why so much vitriol?

Wow. It's almost as if you replied to your own post to show support. Surely not.

Haha Peter exposed you for replying to your own post. Ahahahah
It's unbelievable, you told me I need a psychiatrist but you are posting and replying to yourself so who is it REALLY who needs a psychiatrist.

Kate2828

Haha Peter exposed you for replying to your own post. Ahahahah
It's unbelievable, you told me I need a psychiatrist but you are posting and replying to yourself so who is it REALLY who needs a psychiatrist.

Kate2828

Steven's a stupid, big racist, though.

Steven's a stupid, big racist, though.

You are a plant sent by the NME. All of you are conspirers against Morrissey, most which were sent by the NME. They published an article in 2007 whereby they wrote about Morrissey and his views on immigration where they libeled and slandered him to boost their dwindling sales. They also carry on a vendetta to destroy Morrissey's occupation and career. They are looking to blacklist him and they seem to be succeeding as the fans are turning against him. This is an absolute outrage. Because he isn't a racist. He never said what they said he said about immigration. Morrissey is a genius.

Kate2828

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom