Morrissey spotted at Billy Idol concert in Los Angeles (Feb. 18, 2015)

So Morrissey was at the Billy Idol show last night...

Photo from losangelesartists / Instagram
#morrissey #thesmiths #80s #thewiltern #wilshireandwestern #omg

idol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard one guy who was standing by the tour bus in Boston as I walked by complaining he didn't play Suedehead or many Smiths songs. He has a new album, why would he stand there and play his greatest hits? He doesn't live in the past and I respect that. The people in the seats further back are just there to hear the hits while many in the pit are there to have a religious experience.

Thank you for making my point. 30% of those in attendance know every word to every song (B-Sides included) and just want to be in the room with him if he read the phone book. Most others want to hear Smiths or early solo stuff. When he plays songs like "All the Lazy Dykes", "Ganglord", or "People Are the Same Everywhere" (three decent songs, but not likely in the cannon of a casual fan) many people in attendance aren't familiar with them. Worse yet is a lack of quality control in setlist selection and order, when he sometimes runs 6-7 slower/newer/weaker/unfamiliar songs in a row mid-set, after a bombastic opening of 5-6 strong upbeat songs. It brings down the mood, even amongst the faithful.

And I agree you you - I personally like that he is not a greatest hits artist. But then again I'm in the percentage of people who attend gigs as a religious experience - to use your words.

Last edited:
Thank you for making my point. 30% of those in attendance know every word to every song (B-Sides included) and just want to be in the room with him if he read the phone book. Most others want to hear Smiths or early solo stuff. When he plays songs like "All the Lazy Dykes", "Ganglord", or "People Are the Same Everywhere" (three decent songs, but not likely in the cannon of a casual fan) many people in attendance aren't familiar with them.

And I agree you you - I personally like that he is not a greatest hits artist. But then again I'm in the percentage of people who attend gigs as a religious experience - to use your words.

I'm one of those people who would cry if he went up there and read out of the phone book.

A random percentage plucked out of thin air.

Regardless of how good a song How Soon Is Now is, I am much more looking forward to hearing songs like Mountjoy, I'm Not A Man and Oboe Concerto for the first time as opposed to HSIN for the 15th time.

Yes, you are correct. Basically out of thin air. And obviously I consider anyone who posts on here regularly to fit into the 30% of people who pretty much just want to see him play anything. But if you go to a gig you quickly realize that the people that frequent this site make up a fraction of Morrissey's total audience. Not everyone comes on here and banters on and on about every move Morrissey makes.

Yes, you are correct. Basically out of thin air. And obviously I consider anyone who posts on here regularly to fit into the 30% of people who pretty much just want to see him play anything. But if you go to a gig you quickly realize that the people that frequent this site make up a fraction of Morrissey's total audience. Not everyone comes on here and banters on and on about every move Morrissey makes.

When you are a fan it is very easy to think he's the biggest star in the world. The reality is in most cities he could walk down the street and people would only stare at him because he dresses in a unique way and has a different hairstyle. They wouldn't know who he is. LA is probably different, but his constant entourage is unnecessary outside LA or London. I think he assumes he's as recognisable as someone like brad Pitt.

There's a new post on TTY featuring a video about the fur trade. Can I just predict that as soon as it appears on the front page, there will be a lengthy post from Bummie Boy explaining how he is the only true advocate of animal rights and denouncing Morrissey's stance (for the umpteenth time), blustering away as though ethics were a matter of objective fact rather than subjective conviction. Not that Bummie is any way boring, predictable or deluded, of course.

I'm one of the religious Moz disciples but I don't mind people who prefer older Smiths songs. They are entitled to be disappointed with a set list. The people I DETEST are those degenerates who talk very loudly all the way through the support act, who are constantly either pushing through audience to get to front for Moz, and then spend half the Moz concert either shouting to their dimwit zombie friends or standing with their back to the stage. Flesh chewing walking dead who should be spiked through the head with a rusty nail. Obviously they have more money than sense if they are willing to buy a ticket and then squander the experience. Of course it is just so they can tell people 'I was at the Moz concert'. They put the 'u' in c***.

Last edited:
I'm one of the religious Moz disciples but I don't mind people who prefer older Smiths songs. They are entitled to be disappointed with a set list. The people I DETEST are those degenerates who talk very loudly all the way through the support act, who are constantly either pushing through audience to get to front for Moz, and then spend half the Moz concert either shouting to their dimwit zombie friends or standing with their back to the stage. Flesh chewing walking dead who should be spiked through the head with a rusty nail. Obviously they have more money than sense if they are willing to buy a ticket and then squander the experience. Of course it is just so they can tell people 'I was at the Moz concert'. They put the 'u' in c***.

Well said!

- - - Updated - - -

He looks great! Good to see him out and about. Can't wait for the shows next month, and here's hoping he'll announce dates in the US later this year!

Well said!

- - - Updated - - -

He looks great! Good to see him out and about. Can't wait for the shows next month, and here's hoping he'll announce dates in the US later this year!

if he only plays the firefly im gonna be there alone as rachel doesnt wanna go in her condition. im really hoping he adds some dates here.

Well said!

- - - Updated - - -

He looks the best he has in years.

Well said!

- - - Updated - - -

Florida again please thank u

i think he likes generation x and there pretty good pop songs rather than idols solo music. he also it seems to like pop star personas and perhaps not the music song itself though who knows. he could know the man personally for all we know and just be there to hang out. never read idols bio but the one to get is adam ants auto biography. that was incredibly interesting even if you dont like or know nothing about the musical artist. some really neat weird stuff in that book.

At last something useful from Solo!! Many thanks, will download it tonight. #kindleisgoodsaysabookloversoshutupeveryonesayingisoldoutiknowgoodwritinginanyformat x. LOL

At last something useful from Solo!! Many thanks, will download it tonight. #kindleisgoodsaysabookloversoshutupeveryonesayingisoldoutiknowgoodwritinginanyformat x. LOL

genuinely glad to be of help. enjoy. also hand in glove, if moz does tour the u.s where will you be seeing him? just curious

There's a new post on TTY featuring a video about the fur trade. Can I just predict that as soon as it appears on the front page, there will be a lengthy post from Bummie Boy explaining how he is the only true advocate of animal rights and denouncing Morrissey's stance (for the umpteenth time), blustering away as though ethics were a matter of objective fact rather than subjective conviction. Not that Bummie is any way boring, predictable or deluded, of course.

Seems you were right

Nothing wrong with that. I am not a "push to the front" kind of guy. I do prefer his early solo stuff to his latter. It would be nice if they could send someone through the crowd to find out who really knows, cares, and enjoys his music the most and bring them to the front. I have never had the pleasure of being up close and personal to him singing, but it would be a dream fulfilled.

I used to watch M*A*S*H and then re-runs of it all the time. Something tells me Alan Alda probably had a swim suit on...not sure they ever showed "The Full Monty" so to speak.

Best thing Billy Idol ever did was release the Cradle of Love video. I am still in love with the girl from that video to this very day. :love:

I agree that chick in the "Cradle of Love" video was hella hot!! I bet you're right about Alan Alda, damn it would take guts to do that. Gary Burghoff ("Radar") flashes his backside in a season two episode entitled "The Sniper." Radar and Henry are trying to leave the showers when they are fired upon and they scramble back into the showers. In doing so Radar drops his towel and everyone sees the Burghoff backside. "The Sniper" is a phenomenal episode of "M*A*S*H."

I agree that chick in the "Cradle of Love" video was hella hot!! I bet you're right about Alan Alda, damn it would take guts to do that. Gary Burghoff ("Radar") flashes his backside in a season two episode entitled "The Sniper." Radar and Henry are trying to leave the showers when they are fired upon and they scramble back into the showers. In doing so Radar drops his towel and everyone sees the Burghoff backside. "The Sniper" is a phenomenal episode of "M*A*S*H."

dude im a mash fanatic and yes thats a great episode. i always try and catch radars deformed left hand and i think it very cool they employed an actor with a physical deformity. its always turned away or he has a clipboard in his hand etc

You can say that again. There is something to be said for a super hot chick crawling on her hands and knees towards you.....only it can't be said here. ;)

For those located outside the US M*A*S*H would be an excellent introduction to American comedy. Making the best of a bad situation is something at which we are quite good.

As someone posted above Moz and Billy have many similarities. It makes good sense that there could be a possible friendship between the two. Moz with his repressed sexuality and Billy exuding sexuality makes for an interesting dichotomy.

Morrissey's interest in Billy Idol predates even Generation X. It goes all the way back to Bill Grundy.

It's the line in Black Eyed Susan.

"Black-eyed Susan
Please remember
We were the first
We were the first
Oh..."

if he only plays the firefly im gonna be there alone as rachel doesnt wanna go in her condition. im really hoping he adds some dates here.

Rachel won't go and her condition is not why. You know why.

Rachel won't go and her condition is not why. You know why.

shes pregnant and doesnt want to be camping in field with a bunch of smoke alochol and drugged out people doing stupid stuff which all sounds fine to me. why do you think my wife and partner of 13 years doesnt want to go. she hates suede not morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom