Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how much the Smiths loving JK Rowling would charge if she started selling copies of List Of The Lost she had autographed. I'm sure Penguin Books have a garage or two full of them.

I wonder how much the Smiths loving JK Rowling would charge if she started selling copies of List Of The Lost she had autographed. I'm sure Penguin Books have a garage or two full of them.

:lbf: Morrissey would be irked, but think of all the folks that would be turned on to LOTL.

I'm sure Penguin Books would be delighted. They'd finally get a return on their book deal investment in LOTL.

I’m sure the sales of Autobiography made up for the ‘losses’. Morrissey may
not have cut off his own ear, but sometimes great art is not recognized when first presented. Time will tell.

If Morrissey compiled and signed a box set of all the albums that he likes, how much would that set me back? That is something I'd be interested in purchasing.

If Morrissey compiled and signed a box set of all the albums that he likes, how much would that set me back? That is something I'd be interested in purchasing.
Alternatively you could think for yourself and just go buy them without someone else compiling a list for you, you witless sap.

jeez. a good friend and fellow disciple (we made the pilgrimage to manchester together for the 50th bday concert) once told me how, when he was working at a record chain here in NYC, M walked in one day. my friend flew across the store, smiths cd in hand and asked for an autograph. the response: a cold "i'm not in that band anymore." my friend then scrambled to get a solo cd and rip it open, before M departed the store. :(
There's no need to be so wankish to a fan. A decent respectful person wouldn't snub a fan for that reason. The Smiths made Moz. People who deny their roots are only fooling themselves.

Alternatively you could think for yourself and just go buy them without someone else compiling a list for you, you witless sap.

I think that you're missing my point, Skinnybob. Morrissey has mentioned countless times over the years the albums that he likes. So what's wrong with owning signed copies in a boxed set? Kind of like Meltdown Festival but in a box set, compiled and signed by the artist. More musicians could do this.

There's no need to be so wankish to a fan. A decent respectful person wouldn't snub a fan for that reason. The Smiths made Moz. People who deny their roots are only fooling themselves.

Moz made Moz.

The Smiths only gave him the platform to be more Moz.

Just a stepping-stone to becoming the great Moz-being that he is today.

:p:cool:

Moz made Moz.

The Smiths only gave him the platform to be more Moz.

Just a stepping-stone to becoming the great Moz-being that he is today.

:p:cool:

Johnny Marr "made" Moz. Without him Morrissey, if he was still alive, would be living with his aged mother in total obscurity and known by the neighbours as the street oddball.

Johnny Marr "made" Moz. Without him Morrissey, if he was still alive, would be living with his aged mother in total obscurity and known by the neighbours as the street oddball.

Factually incorrect. Morrissey was in a band before Marr was told about Morrissey.

Wonder how long it will take for that deluded nutjob and conman Mr ROSS NORMAN to get his mucky paws on a Morrissey signed Billy Fury, Lou reed, Iggy or Bowie LP ;-)

It's all about intent. Is this showing is love for the music or him trying to get $300? I don't think he needs $300!

If, in order to get a record contract, his label insisted on a "360" deal, which gives them a cut of his touring and merch revenue, maybe he does!

It's all about intent. Is this showing is love for the music or him trying to get $300? I don't think he needs $300!

I really think he does need it, or how else do you justify the price. It’s not about an isolated 300 quid item, it’s about all the junk he’s sold, reissues, 100 tacky white labels signed for £100 each, there’s an easy 10k there, not to mention all the other rubbish he flogs on Mporium and after gigs. You think it all doesn’t add up? Lazy, lazy merch, stupid fans are keeping Morrissey in a life of luxury. If he’s not skint, he’s deffo greedy. Who can forget those awful Cali Son turntables :barf: does Morrissey have any pride in the products he’s assigning his name to? Absolutely not, he’s just shitting out any old garbage knowing there’s a small percentage of idiots in the world ready to lap up and buy it. - and this is a man who wrote Paint A Vulgar picture, hypocrites deserve extra stick.

Factually incorrect. Morrissey was in a band before Marr was told about Morrissey.

Factually incorrect indeed.

I can only speculate, but I can't imagine Morrissey meeting someone other than Marr ,who would have written music that would accompany his lyrics so well, resulting in a career than at times was both critically and commercially successful. Therefore Marr did indeed make Moz.

Factually incorrect indeed.

I can only speculate, but I can't imagine Morrissey meeting someone other than Marr ,who would have written music that would accompany his lyrics so well, resulting in a career than at times was both critically and commercially successful. Therefore Marr did indeed make Moz.

Maybe, but Morrissey managed to make great songs with another musicians, meanwhile Marr never found another great singers to play his songs till the point of producing a comercially succesful repertoire. It's a fact.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom