Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz made Moz.

The Smiths only gave him the platform to be more Moz.

Just a stepping-stone to becoming the great Moz-being that he is today.

:p:cool:
Are you telling me Moz would have become a music icon and would have created such a superlative legacy of music if he'd starter out his career with Jesse and his facially contorted constipated guitar strangling?

Are you telling me Moz would have become a music icon and would have created such a superlative legacy of music if he'd starter out his career with Jesse and his facially contorted constipated guitar strangling?

What? that’s weird.

Anyway, Moz would still be his Moz loveliness in any form or road he chose
to take, obscurity or fame.

:cool:

Ask yourselves: what artist at the top of his game, selling loads of his own records, would pull a shameless, money-grabbing stunt like this? Absolutely no-one.

Well what other artist is as passionate about music and about his favourite records as Morrissey is? No one.
These records weren't just chosen randomly. He lives and breathes them and has been championing them for ages.
He has invested greatly in these records and artists.
And read what he has written on them. 'Morrissey loves David', 'Iggy', 'Lou' and 'Patti'. Quite special I would say.

Well what other artist is as passionate about music and about his favourite records as Morrissey is? No one.
These records weren't just chosen randomly. He lives and breathes them and has been championing them for ages.
And read what he has written on them. 'Morrissey loves David', 'Iggy', 'Lou' and 'Patti'. Quite special I would say.
Invest is correct. He's making around £200 profit on each one. And although Morrissey might love David, he didn't love him quite enough to say anything - at all - when he died, even pointedly leaving him out of a roll call of the recently-departed at a 2017 gig. Prince, Victoria Wood and many others made the cut - but not a peep about David.

what you call "quite special" I call "kinda cheesy"

Invest is correct. He's making around £200 profit on each one. And although Morrissey might love David, he didn't love him quite enough to say anything - at all - when he died, even pointedly leaving him out of a roll call of the recently-departed at a 2017 gig. Prince, Victoria Wood and many others made the cut - but not a peep about David.
Yes you may also mention 1995 or his mention in Autobiography. But these little fall-outs have been there all through his career.
Surely the 'Morrissey loves David' is an admittance that he was wrong in those instances.

In general we can safely say that Bowie is second only to New York Dolls as the artist he has most actively championed in his past 36 years as a famous pop star.

Morrissey is having a giggle as he rightly knows this first and pioneering
move will befuddle and irritate many who after all never understood him in the first place.

Right! Who's up for a $300 giggle? Here's how you play, apparently...

You pay Morrissey $300 dollars for an album by another artist that costs approx. $20 dollars. Morrissey scrawls all over it charging you $280 for the privilege. You purchase the album. Morrissey giggles all the way to the bank.

Look out for Morrissey's next wheeze ...

Sponsor a racist. Only $2,500*

* Price may go up but will never go down. Price per person, per racist. No refunds. Whites only.

Yes you may also mention 1995 or his mention in Autobiography. But these little fall-outs have been there all through his career.
Surely the 'Morrissey loves David' is an admittance that he was wrong in those instances.

In general we can safely say that Bowie is second only to New York Dolls as the artist he has most actively championed in his past 36 years as a famous pop star.

As if Bowie were some obscure artist needing Morrissey to champion him. At this point, involving Bowie in a Mozzer money-grab is an embarrassment. "Morrissey loves David" enough to make $300 off him. Off-putting to say the least.

Well what other artist is as passionate about music and about his favourite records as Morrissey is?

I'd argue Stephen Pastel, but as you've stated "no one", that must be correct. After all you're always correct in your arrogance.

Factually incorrect. Morrissey was in a band before Marr was told about Morrissey.

Yeah, and it went tits up because the guitarist got a better offer (or so he thought). Johnny Marr had formed about 3 bands by the time he was pushed in Morrissey's direction and he had turned down the chance to join The The.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom