Morrissey Rescues Collapsed Elderly Woman In NYC Bookstore, The New York Observer

Hey Mcrickson, I think you raise an interesting point. The narrative has been that Moz is a bit of a git, and he has done very little to encourage thinking otherwise. Consequently this rather trivial event is a bit good news. Here he was presented with a real event and he acted honourably.
Nevertheless, where's the freakin' new album?

New album ? It's becoming ever clearer , in my opinion , given Morrissey's non-interest in the DIY route ( & following the continued mergers of record companies i.e. EMI with Universal ) , that we may have already seen the last album of his career ... yes , I am clutching my head in dismay at the thought !

New album ? It's becoming ever clearer , in my opinion , given Morrissey's non-interest in the DIY route ( & following the continued mergers of record companies i.e. EMI with Universal ) , that we may have already seen the last album of his career ... yes , I am clutching my head in dismay at the thought !
'Sigh!' I fear you may be right.

Excuse me Amy, but this dear girl is a wonderful story. One person helping another and providing an example of what we all should think of more often. So much us made of things when Moz says a no-no. So come on, give credit where it is due friends. Suffice to say Morrissey is a gentleman and never rude. m&d

:lbf: Tell that to John Cho...

I think that`s really lovely.Really sweet and kind of Morrissey

The Queerty gives a better rendition of the story but I do LOVE the puns in the Observer . I wonder if she recognised Moz or was he just a kind British gent ?

It is definitely "rescue". If it had happened to be a heart attack/stroke, each second would've counted.
And no, not everybody stops to help. There are countless horrific examples of this in the media constantly.

Moz is a misanthrope - I don't blame him - but it doesn't mean he can't help out someone in distress.

"The unlikely Samaritan" What a horrible thing to say! Morrissey is such a sweet person. He has stopped countless times in mid-song to see if an audience member is okay. He even collected shoes after one of the LA shows back in '91, I think. So, why wouldn't he rush to the aide of an elderly lady falling over in a book shop? He can be sharp with words and slice you in half with a glance, but when it comes right down to it, Morrissey has a very tender heart.

I helped a drunken smelly man who fell over in the road once. I had to stop the traffic, and another man helped me haul him up (because he was a bit on the large size). I looked in the news, the next day, to see if they reported Anon coming to the aid of a fallen drunkard but, alas, nothing...

I helped a drunken smelly man who fell over in the road once. I had to stop the traffic, and another man helped me haul him up (because he was a bit on the large size). I looked in the news, the next day, to see if they reported Anon coming to the aid of a fallen drunkard but, alas, nothing...

That was me. I was not dru nk.

Back
Top Bottom