"Is Morrissey a national treasure?" - Peter Paphides and Sukhdev Sandhu debate, The Observer

Although this comes off the back of the Falklands comment, it is not strictly about it but perhaps harks back to The Culture Show's accolade a few years back.

Is Morrissey a national treasure? - Series: The debate - Peter Paphides and Sukhdev Sandhu, The Observer
The singer is in trouble for backing Argentina's claims to the Falklands, but we still love him – don't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Is Morrissey a national treasure?" - Peter Paphides and Sukhdev Sandhu

You Brits manage to live abroad for 4 years and still not know the language. You go to Chile, claim that you are so happy to be there with your beloved fans and then are so stupid to announce that you cannot be bothered to learn more than "Have a nice day" in the local language. Does this tell you something? Twat. If other people learn your shitty language you'd correct them for the slightest mistake. Wankers.
Thats not the whole of the british public fascist.
you say "YOU" in the coment when your talking about moz, kick off at him not the whole country, he is the one saying how much he loves the fans there not the whole of britain, there his fans. Jesus do you think every single word that comes out of his gob is what every brit is saying?

I enjoyed reading the debate about Morrissey's possible world view rather than the political debate it seems to have prompted here. I liked the fact that the debaters seemed to be two former fans or admirers who had grown weary of their subject but still loved to tell us what they thought was going on in his head. It's a pity he's not asked these questions during interviews but I guess he'd deflect them these days.

Re: Article: "Is Morrissey a national treasure?" - Peter Paphides and Sukhdev Sandhu

f*** off you nazi piece of filth. Every non-Moz related post is a piece of racist filth. You should be utterly grateful to David for providing a platform for your ridiculous racist shite.

P.
Thank christ for Uncle Skinny, keeping a zero tolerance policy for racists posts. The last thing we need is for this site to become a haven for these utterly ghastly people.

f*** off you nazi piece of filth. Every non-Moz related post is a piece of racist filth. You should be utterly grateful to David for providing a platform for your ridiculous racist shite.

P.

Nice one Skinny - now, can we revisit the debate about banning anonymous posting on this site? Urban is a banned user, who revisits as an anon poster, just to type offensive rubbish.

Apart from an occasional nugget (once or twice a year, at best, which could be sent to David anonymously if need be) anon posting brings nothing but bile to the site. Solo would be a thousand times better off without anon posts.

Dave

P.

I hear you loud and clear all the way from Bradford Mr. Finan or Chemical Ali as I prefer to call you!
So supporting the serbs makes me a nazi and that is quite funny cause no-one is nazi for real these days and the whole nazi movement has now become pro-Israel after the events in Norway which had a lot to do with the online figure "Fjordman".
I read today that in Norway the ani-racist movement SOS Rasisme created The Norwich Defence League just to have an enemy and someone to fight at demos. Read all about it in the norwegian papers. There are no nazis around so they had membrs playing nazis themselves.
That is the most crazy thing I have ever heard but in Norway anything can happen apparently. In the meantime you Mr. Finan should get out of the chemical mist sometime and maybe study the facts before you have a go at someone you wouldn' even dare to meet.
Please answer my previous question about where you were when the Bradford riots happened?

Urban the swede (Serb supporter)

I hear you loud and clear all the way from Bradford Mr. Finan or Chemical Ali as I prefer to call you!
So supporting the serbs makes me a nazi and that is quite funny cause no-one is nazi for real these days and the whole nazi movement has now become pro-Israel after the events in Norway which had a lot to do with the online figure "Fjordman".
I read today that in Norway the ani-racist movement SOS Rasisme created The Norwich Defence League just to have an enemy and someone to fight at demos. Read all about it in the norwegian papers. There are no nazis around so they had membrs playing nazis themselves.
That is the most crazy thing I have ever heard but in Norway anything can happen apparently. In the meantime you Mr. Finan should get out of the chemical mist sometime and maybe study the facts before you have a go at someone you wouldn' even dare to meet.
Please answer my previous question about where you were when the Bradford riots happened?

Urban the swede (Serb supporter)
Are we never to be free of Urban Der Sturmer?

Nice one Skinny - now, can we revisit the debate about banning anonymous posting on this site? Urban is a banned user, who revisits as an anon poster, just to type offensive rubbish.

Apart from an occasional nugget (once or twice a year, at best, which could be sent to David anonymously if need be) anon posting brings nothing but bile to the site. Solo would be a thousand times better off without anon posts.

Dave

How do we know it is Urban when it is anonymous?

Are we never to be free of Urban Der Sturmer?

Organisations like the EDL are Pro-Israel and not nazi. It seems some are stuck in the past. EDL are well known for their support of the serbs. The serbs defended themselves like the irish did in their own country.
Peterb would maybe find it ok if I walked into his home and shagged his girlfriend/wife (does he have one?) and took a piss on the floor and walked out with his tv. Somehow I think he would have tried to defend himself and his belongings but I could be wrong.

Urban in Sweden (informing my serb friends tonight that they are nazi)

Organisations like the EDL are Pro-Israel and not nazi. It seems some are stuck in the past. EDL are well known for their support of the serbs. The serbs defended themselves like the irish did in their own country.
Peterb would maybe find it ok if I walked into his home and shagged his girlfriend/wife (does he have one?) and took a piss on the floor and walked out with his tv. Somehow I think he would have tried to defend himself and his belongings but I could be wrong.

Urban in Sweden (informing my serb friends tonight that they are nazi)
I am harrassed from beyond the grave by a ghostly racist!

Thank christ for Uncle Skinny, keeping a zero tolerance policy for racists posts. The last thing we need is for this site to become a haven for these utterly ghastly people.

Of course, Uncleskinny called Morrissey an anti-semite, and has encouraged gay-bashing on the site.

His views are pretty incoherent, shaped largely by the desire to kiss Tseng's ass.

Of course, Uncleskinny called Morrissey an anti-semite, and has encouraged gay-bashing on the site.

His views are pretty incoherent, shaped largely by the desire to kiss Tseng's ass.
I have not seen the posts you describe and would imagine your conclusions are open to debate.

I have not seen the posts you describe and would imagine your conclusions are open to debate.

He generally has posts about this deleted, but I'll make one anyway.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/63820-jed-Skullcap-!

Here you can find him positing "racist undertones" in a photo caption, and stating that he will always be "unsure" that Morrissey isn't racist until he recieves Morrissey's explanation. He's never received it, so he must still be "unsure."

As for his gay-bashing: it's all over the site, in too many posts to mention. He applauded a post about someone being "a right gay" as "the best sort of playground humor." He splutters with laughter at any reference to gay sex. He points our attention to beer commercials expressing disgust at gays. He can't believe anyone could object to the word "fag," he wrote.

Part of this is about separating himself from Paul/Freeyourself, the first person to make a stand against Tseng's double-standard. (Maintaining the double standard himself, Uncleskinny once suspended someone for quoting another user's use of the expression "yellow fever." That user--coincidentally, I'm sure--had been goading him about the Jed Skullcap business.) Peter was still being very, very friendly with Paul during the latter's you-allow-homophobia-well-here's-some-racism campaign, which covered in the site in soy sauce "humor," and Peter no doubt still feels he has a lot to make up for. He needs to be a mod on this site. It's the center of his existence.

So it's all about currying favor with Tseng, who has a thin skin about racism, but approves of homophobia as a means of needling both Paul (who is "an exception to (the site's) rule(s)," Tseng has written) and presumably, also, Morrissey.

Incidentally, Peter's "Skullcap" hysteria preceded the NME's major attack on Morrissey by only a short time, and may conceivably have inspired it.

Posts about this have been made many times before. Always they're deleted.

He generally has posts about this deleted, but I'll make one anyway.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/63820-jed-Skullcap-!

Here you can find him positing "racist undertones" in a photo caption, and stating that he will always be "unsure" that Morrissey isn't racist until he recieves Morrissey's explanation. He's never received it, so he must still be "unsure."

As for his gay-bashing: it's all over the site, in too many posts to mention. He applauded a post about someone being "a right gay" as "the best sort of playground humor." He splutters with laughter at any reference to gay sex. He points our attention to beer commercials expressing disgust at gays. He can't believe anyone could object to the word "fag," he wrote.

Part of this is about separating himself from Paul/Freeyourself, the first person to make a stand against Tseng's double-standard. (Maintaining the double standard himself, Uncleskinny once suspended someone for quoting another user's use of the expression "yellow fever." That user--coincidentally, I'm sure--had been goading him about the Jed Skullcap business.) Peter was still being very, very friendly with Paul during the latter's you-allow-homophobia-well-here's-some-racism campaign, which covered in the site in soy sauce "humor," and Peter no doubt still feels he has a lot to make up for. He needs to be a mod on this site. It's the center of his existence.

So it's all about currying favor with Tseng, who has a thin skin about racism, but approves of homophobia as a means of needling both Paul (who is "an exception to (the site's) rule(s)," Tseng has written) and presumably, also, Morrissey.

I think it's fine to mention or question that caption, what is the purpose of it, especially after Jed was not working with Morrissey / around that time? As for gay-bashing or racist comments, they are certainly not welcome on the site but they are not always caught. If you are offended by specific comment you are free to report it.

Last edited:

I think it's fine to mention or question that caption, what is the purpose of it, especially after Jed was not working with Morrissey / around that time?

Who, exactly, said that the caption cannot be mentioned or questioned? I sense you're winding up for one of your random cries of "censorship!" As for the purpose of a caption: it lets people know who took the picture. There you go.

If you want to guess why someone you've never met has a particular nickname for someone else you've never met, which may reference race or religion, imputing bigotry as Uncleskinny did is both a stretch and an act of malice. Covering up criticism of it, as he did in his completely unwarranted suspension of Theo at the time, is comically dishonest.

Of course, you have also argued that there was some special animosity in Morrissey's references to Asians, during subspecies-gate. Perhaps you imagine that he was thinking of you? While this site is about you and your grudge, I think Morrissey actually has other things on his mind (if not not on his shirt).

As for gay-bashing or racist comments, they are certainly not welcome on the site but they are not always caught. If you are offended by specific comment you are free to report it.

Such comments have been reported before, as you're aware. One such thread was spammed by your pet trolls and then moved from Site Feedback to Off Topic. Uncleskinny has encouraged such behavior, as plenty noticed at the time.

Another site was also created partly in response this behavior. You have allowed (which is the same as enouraging, in this environment) incredible attacks against the founder of that site, completely in violation of this site's Terms of Service and of all common decency. This is identical to your behavior with regard to Paul. You made a supposed Morrissey fansite into a platform for harassing your critics. This has been discussed before, ad nauseum. Your robotic non-denial denials are simple spam at this point.

You hide a post calling a moderator a bore. Your moderators encourage a thread calling Quiffaa a thief. No sign of foul play here what-so-everrrrrr.

So why are we still talking about this? As I've posted before: You know what you are. "You know what you did."

Seems fair enough: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...r-trip?p=1986701062&viewfull=1#post1986701062

I'm sure Quiffa will feel grateful that you raised the subject and reminded everybody about what she did.

She was late repaying someone. That's "what she did." Terrifying. You've done your bit in David Tseng's Army today.

And obviously it was private information that has no place on this site. It's here because David Tseng hates his critics, and will do anything to harass them--via proxies, of course, such as his moderators and their pet trolls.

As for that thread you link to: it's hollering about someone being banned from that site for no reason, when the same person is also banned from this site for no reason (though Tseng accepts content from him). Brilliant. Between the animated gifs and the schizophrenia, there are some amazing minds here.

She was late repaying someone. That's "what she did." Terrifying. You've done your bit in David Tseng's Army today.

And obviously it was private information that has no place on this site. It's here because David Tseng hates his critics, and will do anything to harass them--via proxies, of course, such as his moderators and their pet trolls.

As for that thread you link to: it's hollering about someone being banned from that site for no reason, when the same person is also banned from this site for no reason (though Tseng accepts content from him). Brilliant. Between the animated gifs and the schizophrenia, there are some amazing minds here.

You're an expert on the use of proxies and manipulating people, aren't you?

You're an expert on the use of proxies and manipulating people, aren't you?

You're an expert on deflecting criticism, aren't you?

Tell us again how you were "friends," with Morrissey, finally. Tell us what "the inner circle," as you called it, was like.

Unless you're just a delusional stalker?

She was late repaying someone. That's "what she did." Terrifying.

"Late paying someone"? She failed to pay what she owed and then ignored the person she owed money to and failed to even acknowledge their attempts to privately discuss the matter. In the end, she paid up only because what she'd done was exposed for all to see. To add insult to injury, she had the person who brought her misdeeds out into the open banned from her site. Quakers, eh?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom