Morrissey On 'The Courteeners' In Today's MEN

well I think it is nice for him to talk about a band that is current. I do get a bit bored hearing him bang on about how shit music is now, he was saying that in the 80s there has been plenty of bands over the last few years that are pretty good and original.

He could talk about a good current band, though. They're just mediocre faux-indie pop, and it's sad that Moz doesn't see through it.

He could talk about a good current band, though. They're just mediocre faux-indie pop, and it's sad that Moz doesn't see through it.

they were probably compared to him in a write-up in some magazine...or the lead singer cites him as one of his influences.

It's just a case of Moz's vanity. He never praises any band that don't cite him as an influence.

mmm really wanted to like them, sounded promising early on, bought the album. it varies between average and terrible, vocalist is awful, sorry.

"recommended by a friend of mine"

Coincidentally, Johnny Marr loves the Courteeners. Interesting.

The Courteeners are brilliant, everything about them sets them apart from most modern day bands that have broke through in recent years, i.e, Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight.
I saw them live in Blackburn last september, before they had been signed and they were fantastic, saw them again at wireless festival and they were even better, also meet Liam Fray the morning of the wireless festival at Euston Station and he was a top bloke. so well done to Moz for trying to "sell" them to the americans

First I tought the band was nothing special, but because of Mozzas hype I gave it second listen and I feel the music is quite growing on me. Altough I can't understand how everyone seems to praise the lyrics. I don't think their that innovative. :confused:

they're the typical post-Libertines mediocre shite.

He added: "I think they will make it here [in the US] and I think you'll come across them."
yeah, the day Moz is in the US top ten :rolleyes:

What does Mozza see in the Courteeners?

He's taking them on tour with him and he's always posing for pictures with him. I know they're fans and they're living most fans' dreams, but musically, what's so good about them?

Back
Top Bottom