Morrissey 30 seconds with Wink - forthcoming interview in issue 8

You have said this many times. We get it.

Who is this 'we'? A group hive mind? Morrissey has said 'meat is murder' many times whilst continuing to condone and endorse the 'murder' of male dairy calves. We get it, Morrissey. You have a phobia about eating animal flesh, but not other secretions such as milk. Same slaughter ensues.

best [for 2015]
BB

Happy new year everyone

Apart from Brummie boy, Benny the butcher and reality bites, you can all just f*** off you c***s.

Just seen this one, missed it earlier, the funniest post of 2015 !
Oh Surface what are we going to do with you ? You have now insulted everyone on Morrissey solo, take a bow you have achieved something for once, even though it's nothing to be proud of.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He looks 75, but he's still cute. Still bit sure about that eyebrow scar.

jqmjr5.jpg

I find this picture to be quite iconic. As a man of his years, I see in his eyes and face the realization of age and the question of what is to come. Death is more real to him now...whether due to his purported illness or simply the loss of the youthful ignorance towards one's end. Yes, there is a light, but it will go out for us all one day. What will become of us...or more importantly what will become of me? His obsession with God and death has always been what most attracted me to to his music. I categorize myself as an agnostic, but this picture makes me feel that he may be a believer, and in that belief I hope he can find peace in his life. This picture of him in a church looking skyward to the heavens sums up for me everything he has ever written on these topics.

IMHO I think this would make a great album cover. Maybe he can put songs about cities and bullfighters behind him and speak to what he does best and is completely unequaled...the human condition and frailties of life.

Last edited:
I find this picture to be quite iconic. As a man of his years, I see in his eyes and face the realization of age and the question of what is to come. Death is more real to him now...whether due to his purported illness or simply the loss of the youthful ignorance towards one's end. Yes, there is a light, but it will go out for us all one day. What will come of us...or more importantly what will come of me? His obsession with God and death has always been what most attracted me to to his music. I categorize myself as an agnostic, but this picture makes me feel that he may be a believer, and in that belief I hope he can find peace in his life. This picture of him in a church looking skyward to the heavens sums up for me everything he has ever written on these topics.

He looks old but still has that youthful look in his eye. Compare it to a photo from 1985 and it's unmistakably him. Some people look nothing like their younger selves.

I find this picture to be quite iconic. As a man of his years, I see in his eyes and face the realization of age and the question of what is to come. Death is more real to him now...whether due to his purported illness or simply the loss of the youthful ignorance towards one's end. Yes, there is a light, but it will go out for us all one day. What will come of us...or more importantly what will come of me? His obsession with God and death has always been what most attracted me to to his music. I categorize myself as an agnostic, but this picture makes me feel that he may be a believer, and in that belief I hope he can find peace in his life. This picture of him in a church looking skyward to the heavens sums up for me everything he has ever written on these topics.

IMHO I think this would make a great album cover. Maybe he can put songs about cities and bullfighters behind him and speak to what he does best and completely unequaled...the human condition and frailties of life.

I also find the picture to be iconic but for different reasons.
To me he's looking to the heavens saying "Dear God, please help me ! I have been exposed as a crank and my legacy is as much use as a Jim'll fix it badge. I promise to remove all the stencilled graffiti from the pearly gates on my arrival as long as I can have the opulent penthouse suite that I have become accustomed to".
Yes also it would make a great album cover for The crank is dead.

He looks old but still has that youthful look in his eye. Compare it to a photo from 1985 and it's unmistakably him. Some people look nothing like their younger selves.

To me he could have a pair of handcuffs on and be surrounded by thousands of munchkins baying for his blood.

Morrissey eats cheese and stays in hotels that do not provide animal free menu options. How would a vegan option ever emerge if he is happy to be part of the Pestana propaganda machine but doesn't address their carnivore menu in an exclusive interview?

You clearly haven't followed the discussion or are unable to understand it. Go back and read the thread again.

best
BB

Having worked and stayed in a fair few number of 5 star hotels I know for a fact that should the guest ask for some vegan options off-menu they will be happily provided for the guest in question, but then I suspect you already know that. 5 star establishments take their service to their guests very seriously and if the guest wants a certain meal/service then they will pretty much crawl over broken glass to provide it. The fact that vegan options may not appear on the menu proper is simply a matter of supply and demand. Should the establishment in question receive enough requests then more options will appear. But trust me if Morrissey (or any other guest) wanted a vegan meal at that place they would get one.

I have read the thread, have you read the thread? There are some lunatics who are calling him a hypocrite for staying at hotels that have leather furniture. Assuming you don't want to live in a straw hut in the middle of a field there is no way you can go out into the big bright world and completely inoculate yourself from meat, dairy and leather. As I jokingly stated before should Morrissey stop flying until an entirely vegan airline is created? Purleaze, its unrealistic and you know it, that's just you and Benny stirring for the sake of it.

However I do agree that Morrissey opens himself for criticism and accusations of hypocrisy over dairy and leather. He needs to sort out his issues around cheese and leather shoes otherwise he is fair game on those fronts, but leave this hotel nonsense, it's irrelevant.

He looks old because he is old...or at least older. He has been criticized here many times for using younger pictures of himself. It would be nice to see him represent himself as he is today and not the past....the past is after all myself....and (Who put the M quote)..never got what that meant. I cry when I see pictures of myself in 1985 ;)

I also find the picture to be iconic but for different reasons.
To me he's looking to the heavens saying "Dear God, please help me ! I have been exposed as a crank and my legacy is as much use as a Jim'll fix it badge. I promise to remove all the stencilled graffiti from the pearly gates on my arrival as long as I can have the opulent penthouse suite that I have become accustomed to".
Yes also it would make a great album cover for The crank is dead.

Oh Benny....so much to answer for. You never rest....it must be tiring cutting meat all day and Morrissey at night.

NEXT!

evenyou

What on earth makes you think I'm seeking to gain the 'respect' of Morrissey's fans? I'm not. I'm exercising my free speech by making comments on an online forum. My comments here are part of a wider debunking of the whole nonsense of Bread&Circus pop culture. It's not just about Morrissey, though I confine my musings to him on this site.

Imagine how awesome Morrissey would be if he actually lived up to his own hype? But he doesn't. Pointing that out is perfectly sensible. It's no wonder he has such emotion in his voice. He's been living a lie on several levels for over 30 years. I believe his subconscious mind releases all the pent-up frustration he feels at his failure to be a global star in his singing voice. That's why he remains both fascinating and risible. WPINOYB was the album of 2014, but Morrissey was the absolute car-crash celebrity. The fact that someone is a wonderful singer doesn't absent them from moral scrutiny, particularly when they claim that 'Meat Is Murder' whilst condoning, endorsing and supporting the slaughter of male dairy calves so they can eat cheese made from milk. It appears to be a phobia about animal flesh.

You might want to think about Morrissey's troubled relationship with his father before probing if the psychology behind BtB's comments is a result of being 'hurt by a male figure in his life'.

Or you could just register and put us both on Ignore!

best [for 2015]
BB

I understand all the points you make although I can't help thinking there are far more important targets in the world to debunk than pop culture.
Still each to his own. I wasn't suggesting you should seek to gain the respect of Morrissey fans. I was just surprised that any sane person could
describe BtB's posts as witty and worthy of debunking.

I am an old Smiths fan. Saw them live 3 or four times including their last concert. I came to this site recently simply because after many years
I recently saw Morrissey live with my family. It was a great gig and reminded me that although I do not agree with his every opinion he is a unique
voice and a great character perhaps because of the contradictions.

This site and specifically Benny's posts here are really disturbing to read. Some dark corner of the net where sad souls shout at an invisible enemy.

Having worked and stayed in a fair few number of 5 star hotels I know for a fact that should the guest ask for some vegan options off-menu they will be happily provided for the guest in question, but then I suspect you already know that. 5 star establishments take their service to their guests very seriously and if the guest wants a certain meal/service then they will pretty much crawl over broken glass to provide it. The fact that vegan options may not appear on the menu proper is simply a matter of supply and demand. Should the establishment in question receive enough requests then more options will appear. But trust me if Morrissey (or any other guest) wanted a vegan meal at that place they would get one.

I have read the thread, have you read the thread? There are some lunatics who are calling him a hypocrite for staying at hotels that have leather furniture. Assuming you don't want to live in a straw hut in the middle of a field there is no way you can go out into the big bright world and completely inoculate yourself from meat, dairy and leather. As I jokingly stated before should Morrissey stop flying until an entirely vegan airline is created? Purleaze, its unrealistic and you know it, that's just you and Benny stirring for the sake of it.

However I do agree that Morrissey opens himself for criticism and accusations of hypocrisy over dairy and leather. He needs to sort out his issues around cheese and leather shoes otherwise he is fair game on those fronts, but leave this hotel nonsense, it's irrelevant.

Look, what is the point of promoting meat free venues ? See me look the big veggie I can't sing in surroundings with flesh on the griddle but I will bend the rules back at the hotel and sleep with a nose plug on.
It's ridiculous !
It says CRANK full stop.
The Crank is dead.

He looks old because he is old...or at least older. He has been criticized here many times for using younger pictures of himself. It would be nice to see him represent himself as he is today and not the past....the past is after all myself....and (Who put the M quote)..never got what that meant. I cry when I see pictures of myself in 1985 ;)

I hate the lack of photoshoots he does now. I think he looks great- I just don't like the lighting/filters on thise new pics.

I understand all the points you make although I can't help thinking there are far more important targets in the world to debunk than pop culture.
Still each to his own. I wasn't suggesting you should seek to gain the respect of Morrissey fans. I was just surprised that any sane person could

I am an old Smiths fan. Saw them live 3 or four times including their last concert. I came to this site recently simply because after many years
I recently saw Morrissey live with my family. It was a great gig and reminded me that although I do not agree with his every opinion he is a unique

This site and specifically Benny's posts here are really disturbing to read. Some dark corner of the net where sad souls shout at an invisible enemy.

Unfortunately you ain't allowed to be a fan of his music on this site, it's infested by people who simply want to shoot down anything he does or says. You will soon find out who they are, to really catch up with what Morrissey is up to, you need to put the trolls on ignore.

No, it's absolutely relevant. Is there a separate vegan kitchen? In these hotels Morrissey eats food prepared by chefs who live by 'meat is murder'. He accepts food from those he regards as murderers. You can try and wriggle out of it but I'm afraid it won't work.

If Meat Is Murder, then Cheese Bleeds. By his own standards, Morrissey is guilty of murder as are his chefs who serve him. The fatuous nonsense of him banning meat at gigs whilst eating cheese dishes prepared by 'murderers' is simply breath-taking. Morrissey is the stirrer, he's a troll who uses animal rights issues to appear 'radical' when involved in the same level of animal cruelty as the beefaroni burger munchers one sees after his gigs. What you cannot stand is that I've joined up the dots in a way that you and a hysterical crackpot like CG simply can't undo.

best
BB

Last edited:

Invisible enemy ? What are trying to say now he's a visible pop artist if you have nice things to say ?
But we are all wasting our time on here writing about Steven the crank because he's invisible ?
Dark corner?
If Steven played a meat free gig and then retired to the local budget hotel that has no leather chesterfieds and he gives them £128:93p to cover their cost of meat losses for the night, fine ! All hail St Steven a man of integrity. I have no problem with that. However he doesn't so he is a Crank.
Now ! You have worked and slept 5* so you should be and do sound intelligent, so what is the biggie ? What don't you see ?
Please don't think I'm trying to be clever, I am not, I really really don't understand how Steven is trying to get his message across and nobody has yet silenced me with any logical answer, all I get is 4koff wanker, your ill, take your meds,somebody must have fiddled me in childhood, you have a wife ! You have kids ! No death threats yet but I live in hope.
As long as I can read nobody can ever tell me lies, I'm not here to make friends or buddies im here because I am.
I'm sorry if I disturb you but as Nick Ross would say "please don't have nightmares".
And a happy new year.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's absolutely relevant. Is there a separate vegan kitchen? In these hotels Morrissey eats food prepared by chefs who live by 'meat is murder'. He accepts food from those he regards as murderers. You can try and wriggle out of it but I'm afraid it won't work.

If Meat Is Murder, then Cheese Bleeds. By his own standards, Morrissey is guilty of murder as are his chefs who serve him. The fatuous nonsense of him banning meat at gigs whilst eating cheese dishes prepared by 'murderers' is simply breath-taking. Morrissey is the stirrer, he's a troll who uses animal rights issues to appear 'radical' when he's just the involved in the same level of animal cruelty as the beefaroni burger munchers one sees after his gigs. What you cannot stand is that I've joined up the dots in a way that you and a hysterical crackpot like CG simply can't undo.

best
BB

He does what he can. He's a human being.

Mmm oh don't, I'm in bed myself and the thought of it is making me.. Rhymes with stormy.

HORNY ? Fear not Slippy visit lovehoney.com they have a new range of vegetarian dildos made from organic chedder cheese.
Steven approves them so it's cool.

Unfortunately you ain't allowed to be a fan of his music on this site, it's infested by people who simply want to shoot down anything he does or says. You will soon find out who they are, to really catch up with what Morrissey is up to, you need to put the trolls on ignore.

Have you said sorry yet to all the nice people you described as c--ts as well as then telling them to 4k off earlier on ?
Come on big man say sorry, it wasn't big and it wasn't clever.
Man hug

Look, what is the point of promoting meat free venues ? See me look the big veggie I can't sing in surroundings with flesh on the griddle but I will bend the rules back at the hotel and sleep with a nose plug on.
It's ridiculous !
It says CRANK full stop.
The Crank is dead.

He does what he can. He isn't super human. He can get the venues to go meat free, but no hotel will do that. There aren't vegan hotels and B and B's aren't plentiful and probably won't go vegan either.

Do you propose he sleeps on the tour bus in the car park of the venue?

He puts in effort. To live completely vegan he would have to live in a hut in a commune and never travel. Yes, he should stop with the cheese and leather. But criticising him for staying in a hotel? You are grasping at straws because you are so incredibly jealous of what he has.

NEXT.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom