Morrissey interview in Nedeljnik (Serbian), Dec. 4, 2014 issue

Anonymouswithapologies posted:

undetected and authentic interview:

MORISI: Živimo u doba zombija | Ekskluzivno - Nedeljnik

Morrissey exclusive interview in Nedeljnik (Serbian), Dec. 4 , 2014 issue - order page

nedeljnik-2014-12-04-korica-400.jpg

From ireneinthetardis / Instagram:

nedeljnik.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
original sentence:

Zgadiće se nad američkim franšizama koje kaljaju britansku arhitekturu, ali će negativno prokomentarisati miris Pakistanaca.

But only fools can define him as inconsistent. Morrissey is anything but inconsistent. By answering to our questions he showed that he is not tired at all of being socially aware and commented latest demonstrations in America - riots in Ferguson caused by releasing of the police officer who shot and killed young black man.

His autobiography was awaited in mileage and emotions, longer and deeper than the English Channel. It is sorted as editor’s classics, next to Churchill’s. Millions seeked scanner in first person from one of the most controversial characters of modern era. Besides, for 30 years of his career we got crucial songs putting him aline with immortals: Jagger, Presley, Lennon….. Songs on which are raised as the British Prime minister so as the Serbian journalists.

Everything is easy to achieve but chance to speak with Mozz. Thus we gave up. We told: we have no chance. He stopped two concerts last week because the fans crossed demarkative ‘security’ line in attempt to get closer to their deity, Morrissey. Sagor Mešković (from “Avalon produkcija”, promoter of Morrissey’s concert on 10th of December at Belexpo centar) called (last Wednesday) and told us that (of three Serbian media) Morrissey chose our questions. He told they were the most interesting. And the joy and euphoria of the two of us was like the pair of center-forwards bring victory to their team in the Champions League by scoring a goal in the last second.

Every job has its routine. Journalism is not exception. We had prime ministers, presidents, famous these and famous those... But nothing, nothing is comparable to that feeling when your questions are approved, even through a compliment, from the hero of your formative years. Hero for whom you repeated a grade, realised that job is necessary but disgustful, that idols are more rotten than apples on the ground of the wholesale market... to be acclaimed by the hero of your childhood, the man who was the reason you chose to be musician, journalist, writer or the loudest president of his fan-club.

Nedeljnik: When it was announced that you’ll come to Belgrade, Serbian media said it is ”your personal wish to play in Serbia”. Is this true or you have some other reason? To see the city you have never been to, maybe?

Morrissey: If I wanted to see Belgrade as a tourist I could’ve done it any other day. I would like to sing in Belgrade and (it) fascinates me that people might come to see me play, or maybe they won’t. You can never know (this).

Back
Top Bottom