Lyrics of the four new songs

I'm calling him Stephen because I hate him so much.I was huge fan of morrissey for a long time.,I really was a nutter for him but the guy is a far right pig and it's over for me.There is nothing in his lyrics I relate to anymore, just hate and rage and more rage,no pathos or sensitivity,no humour. He is awful now, his lyrics these could be written in thirty seconds I woke up and was sad I went down saw my dad..etc.he may have had talent in the 80s he doesn't anymore.its like the smaller that heart gets, the faster his talent disappears.i would honestly rather listen to ANYTHING else.i will be more specific I would rather listen to the cure.It's called having principals.its my view he's spreading hate and war, rallying for vengeance against the people of Islam,I don't want war and I don't want revenge.I'm a feminist and a pacifist at heart,I was raised on Marx.i can't stand morrissey now. If you wish to listen to him fine but I find him repulsive these days. Even the concept of feminism and child welfare is lost him now.
There are a lot of artists I disagree with politically but none of them are promoting the far right,seriously.The music was once beautiful and the person behind it equally so.what is left is just a petty little man exuding hatefulness and hitting out with such misanthropic shit it verges on psychopathy.

And no, his bitterness makes no sense.he gets branded a genius,a poet,a king and a national treasure for f***sake.if he was a real genius he would be dead or unrecognised. What the f*** is his problem? Yes I stand on my arse will be his next song,I dance and sit on it well.yawn.
Kill me now.

So , strike another match, go start anew ! It's all over now, Baby Blue :(

The Cure are fantastic.

Regarding Moz. When’s he ever said anything about child welfare? When has he ever rallied for vengeance on Muslims? Vengeance for what? If you don’t like his music anymore, that’s fine. But for f***’s sake, don’t spread lies or slander.

I have resigned as a morrissey fan.He wants to promote war now? That doesn't sit well with me. Stephen is a talentless nobody and a disgusting human being.
you joined,you posted 6 messages and you left,something tells me you werent a fan in the first place.

you joined,you posted 6 messages and you left,something tells me you werent a fan in the first place.
I posted years ago.anyways,it's not slander.in bonfire he is talking about a terrorist attack which he feels should be avenged,he makes that clear.i don't agree with this.You don't need to take it so bloody personally.I'm a pacifist,do you want me to just drop my moral principals or something???

The Cure are fantastic.

Regarding Moz. When’s he ever said anything about child welfare? When has he ever rallied for vengeance on Muslims? Vengeance for what? If you don’t like his music anymore, that’s fine. But for f***’s sake, don’t spread lies or slander.
The supports the far right,end of discussion.he hates Islam,hates himself,hates the world and I don't care anymore because he hates this world for all the wrong reasons.

I posted years ago.anyways,it's not slander.in bonfire he is talking about a terrorist attack which he feels should be avenged,he makes that clear.i don't agree with this.You don't need to take it so bloody personally.I'm a pacifist,do you want me to just drop my moral principals or something???
He just said he would stay angry, he didn't say it should be avenged.

It's just my opinion that anger would most likely lead to revenge in his mind and that doesn't feel right.
So you’re condemning Morrissey for something that you have concocted in your own mind?

Sometimes on this forum you read such absurd things that you have to rub your eyes, is this a real life or is this just a fantasy :squiffy:

Er..no...the song hints at a need for revenge,it's my personal opinion on it,it just causes discomfort and quite frankly speaking,I'm gonna repeat myself: the issue isn't so much this song on its own but the bigger picture where morrissey is backing the far right, backing Nigel farage and defending people like Kevin spacey,he is far right once again and an educated person knows what that means.their great leader killed Jews,Catholics,homosexuals,travellers,Jehovah's witnesses and communists,they believed women only existed for the three things existed for women,cooking,cleaning and children..arrgh for f***sake etc what else do you want me to say? Ever actually read a book on the holocaust?? I suggest you do. This is insanity.im not defending a f***ing,nazi.deal with it.im really not into fights online by the way so I'm just saying that when we are dealing with the far right,we should be harsh.

Last edited:
The Cure are fantastic.

I really like the Cure too and although I agree with some of your viewpoints just wondered if you’ve ever listened to Slum Mums?

I'm calling him Stephen because I hate him so much.I was huge fan of morrissey for a long time.,I really was a nutter for him but the guy is a far right pig and it's over for me.There is nothing in his lyrics I relate to anymore, just hate and rage and more rage,no pathos or sensitivity,no humour. He is awful now, his lyrics these could be written in thirty seconds I woke up and was sad I went down saw my dad..etc.he may have had talent in the 80s he doesn't anymore.its like the smaller that heart gets, the faster his talent disappears.i would honestly rather listen to ANYTHING else.i will be more specific I would rather listen to the cure.It's called having principals.its my view he's spreading hate and war, rallying for vengeance against the people of Islam,I don't want war and I don't want revenge.I'm a feminist and a pacifist at heart,I was raised on Marx.i can't stand morrissey now. If you wish to listen to him fine but I find him repulsive these days. Even the concept of feminism and child welfare is lost him now.
There are a lot of artists I disagree with politically but none of them are promoting the far right,seriously.The music was once beautiful and the person behind it equally so.what is left is just a petty little man exuding hatefulness and hitting out with such misanthropic shit it verges on psychopathy.

And no, his bitterness makes no sense.he gets branded a genius,a poet,a king and a national treasure for f***sake.if he was a real genius he would be dead or unrecognised. What the f*** is his problem? Yes I stand on my arse will be his next song,I dance and sit on it well.yawn.
Kill me now.

This is such a beautiful description of how it feels to be a former fan of this guy. BabyBlueo speaks for many of us. It's mental how far he has fallen. Yes, we still look at this site regularly, because we once really did care and it's hard to let go. There is no hope of Morrissey returning to what he once he was, but we can't stop looking anyway, like at a slightly psychopathic ex on Facebook. Yes, many of us will a low post count, cos - guess what? - we don't contribute often and forget the password we had back when You Are The Quarry was coming out.

This is such a beautiful description of how it feels to be a former fan of this guy. BabyBlueo speaks for many of us. It's mental how far he has fallen. Yes, we still look at this site regularly, because we once really did care and it's hard to let go. There is no hope of Morrissey returning to what he once he was, but we can't stop looking anyway, like at a slightly psychopathic ex on Facebook. Yes, many of us will a low post count, cos - guess what? - we don't contribute often and forget the password we had back when You Are The Quarry was coming out.
Agree
However my less poetical explanation would be, its like picking a scab just can’t leave it alone, sometimes you even enjoy the pain it causes and then watch it bleed all over again.

He just said he would stay angry, he didn't say it should be avenged.

Yeah, but what's the point of holding on to anger? It'll just eat you up. That's not a sentiment to admire. Hate and violence stem from anger.

I really like the Cure too and although I agree with some of your viewpoints just wondered if you’ve ever listened to Slum Mums?

Sure, great song. Why do you ask?

Sure, great song. Why do you ask?
Just picking up on your point regarding M’s voicing opinion on child welfare, the song is about child welfare and M is saying to the mother of 6 “filthy children” by 6 “absent fathers” that they look to “us” for succour ‘cos they think we’re all suckers and he sings about how they sponge off the state. The end is quite graphic, suggesting they ( mother and children) go off into a field and kill themselves.

Just picking up on your point regarding M’s voicing opinion on child welfare, the song is about child welfare and M is saying to the mother of 6 “filthy children” by 6 “absent fathers” that they look to “us” for succour ‘cos they think we’re all suckers and he sings about how they sponge off the state. The end is quite graphic, suggesting they ( mother and children) go off into a field and kill themselves.
You conveniently left out the following part: ”We may be welfare, oh yeah,
but we don't care
and we’re paid to despise
your council house eyes

This song is sung from the perspective of a social worker who despises the “slum mums” and their kids.

My favorite verse:
The office of the
Social Service
is strategically placed
in a dowdy, rowdy part of town
to discourage you
from signing
We make you feel
as if you're whining
when you’re claiming
what's legally yours

I never ever thought anyone could ever think that this song was sung from Morrissey’s own perspective. He’s basically spelling it out for us. It’s so blatantly obvious where his allegiances lay in this song. He even says “we may be welfare”.

Either you haven’t been attentive or you’re deliberately misinterpreting.

The song is on the side of the "Slum Mums" and is condemning the authorities for making life difficult for them.

Christians do not equal white in America. You're forgetting there are lots of Black churches, the Latin Catholic tradition and there are many Asian Christians, particularly South Korean. Most people in America are Christians. However, most of the domestic terrorists in America are white Christians. They are the problem here.

This is all true, but as you have indicated, Christianity comes in multiethnic forms. The Christianity of white churches tends more often to the doctrinaire and theocratic, whereas black churches (owing to their history) are usually more charismatic and spiritual. If we're looking at religion as political ideology and not mere self-help program or communal fabric, then white Christianity will naturally come in for more criticism. And the left is understandably focused on that. It's what Obama's famous remark about rural Pennsylvanians "clinging to God and guns" was all about. Even though he tried to take it back, he was speaking a truth when he let that one slip.

My point was that the left is ignoring similar militant tendencies in Islam.

Back
Top Bottom