The Lyrics

billybu69

Subscriber
Has anyone seen The Lyrics Paul McCartneys book, It was a best seller last Christmas, and I can't help thinking We need a Morrissey version. Two volumes one a Smiths lyrics book the second a Morrissey Solo volume boxed as a beautiful lavish set. Theres the idea, now make it happen.

1664992166447.png

Has anyone seen The Lyrics Paul McCartneys book, It was a best seller last Christmas, and I can't help thinking We need a Morrissey version. Two volumes one a Smiths lyrics book the second a Morrissey Solo volume boxed as a beautiful lavish set. Theres the idea, now make it happen.

View attachment 84835
That’s a great idea! Lavishly illustrated of course. In fact I’m wondering why that hasn’t already happened?

I thought exactly the same thought but forgot to mention it on this forum. I have literally no interest in anything McCartney has to say, but a book by Morrissey would definitely be in my Christmas stocking. He could sell signed copies on Mporium.

I thought exactly the same thought but forgot to mention it on this forum. I have literally no interest in anything McCartney has to say, but a book by Morrissey would definitely be in my Christmas stocking. He could sell signed copies on Mporium.
For a ludicrous mark up.

The price of that McCartney book (unsigned…) was scandalous

I can't believe Bowie lyrics hasn't been done, they flog Bowie to death there should be multi-size, multi-cover, multi coloured page versions of The Lyrics Bowie by now.

The one by Scott Walker released around 2016 reads like a collection of poems. That man was a true genius.

View attachment 84835

I’d love to see a book like this for Morrissey but I highly doubt he would ever talk in-depth about the meaning behind his songs & the writing process; he seeks to prefer to leave an amount of ambiguity & to allow the lyrics to stand alone & speak for themselves.

It would be wonderful, though, to see a volume made in a similar fashion to these by McCartney. I own this set & it is richly illustrated with photos, momento’s, & hand-written drafts of lyrics from Macca’s personal archives. If Morrissey would ever allow us a glimpse into his own world in such a generous fashion, it would be positively illuminating.

I imagine he would have to be very selective about the songs he would select…as for his solo years alone he’s written around 200 songs. Knowing him, though, he’d perversely leave out many of the songs his fans clamoured for more info on the most, & write 50 pages about something like Roy’s Keen….

View attachment 84835
He had a deal set up with HC, not sure what happened. They ended taking the safe bet and went with Jarvis. Shames as M pisses over Jarvis

He had a deal set up with HC, not sure what happened. They ended taking the safe bet and went with Jarvis. Shames as M pisses over Jarvis

Morrissey had a deal to publish a book of his lyrics? With commentary regarding their writing?

I’d love to hear more about this & hope that it actually happens one day.

Back
Top Bottom