Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood High School (Mar. 2, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by sdmfjuan, correction by !Viva Hate!

Last edited:
Go back and read what I said again. Morrissey knew about Blue Rose Society when he plucked the rose from the audience, he was fully aware what it meant. May I ask what causes such aggression against a group of friendly sane people who show Morrissey their appreciation by bringing him flowers? You're clearly behaving irrational.

No, and if I was, I would be behaving 'irrationally'. Have a great day.

P.

...and people wonder WHY Moz hates this website. Some people act like a bunch of drunk, knuckle-dragging NASCAR fans. Sheesh! The vulgarity and profanity...can't honestly be adults posting this...gotta be pre-teens. The fF-Bomb every other word? I need to get to an industrial eye wash station for the disgusting language used n a "fan" website. Fan of what? Y'all should be listening to filthy rap music. Do you eat with those mouths?

...and people wonder WHY Moz hates this website. Some people act like a bunch of drunk, knuckle-dragging NASCAR fans. Sheesh! The vulgarity and profanity...can't honestly be adults posting this...gotta be pre-teens. The fF-Bomb every other word? I need to get to an industrial eye wash station for the disgusting language used n a "fan" website. Fan of what? Y'all should be listening to filthy rap music. Do you eat with those mouths?

Well said. This site is run BY and FOR a small coterie of Smiths fans who sit in their bedrooms, glued to their keyboards, eager for any opportunity to sneer and complain. Frequently ignoring or (deliberately?) misunderstanding facts because the truth doesn't suit the nasty, infantile agenda of SoLow. What sad, unfulfilled lives these people must have if they derive a sense of empowerment from such industry. But the joke is on them because Morrissey will never dance to their tune, and all the complainers, sneerers, mods and Tseng will be forgotten long, long before Morrissey's music and lyrics.

I agee with you, Hand That Rocks. A true Morrissey disciple wouldnt bash or talk shit about him the way I see here all time. The fans of 30 or even 20 years ago probably dont even go to this site except for me and maybe a few others, like the ones who share the pictures and you. I cant be sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToWcitbV5bg (2:45 minutes).

I am sure people can make up their own minds whether or not he deliberately gets the blue rose or not...

Look, I'm all for conspiracy theories, but I was behind the Blue Rose person in LA, and it's not like he seeks them out and takes things from them. If you've ever been anywhere near the front, which I have several times on this tour, there are a zillion people handing him a zillion things. I don't think he's picking and choosing. He takes quite a lot and he doesn't take quite a lot quite randomly. I think it'd be odd for him to turn down anything proffered to him unless it was a leather bag or a Big Mac.

All this arguing over a flower. Sheesh! A little story: A long time ago at one of the Your Arsenal gigs I was in front row holding gladiolas trying to get Morrisseys attention. He finally came up to me and tore the flowers apart as I was still holding them. He ripped them to shreds and I was left holding stems. Two songs later he came over to me again and held my hand for about 30 seconds. I told him I loved him, he gave me a wierd look, stuck his tongue out and walked away. Then the riot started and the show was stopped and the next thing I knew, Morrissey was being dragged off the stage. So the moral of the story is: Just enjoy the show! :)

I agee with you, Hand That Rocks. A true Morrissey disciple wouldnt bash or talk shit about him the way I see here all time. The fans of 30 or even 20 years ago probably dont even go to this site except for me and maybe a few others, like the ones who share the pictures and you. I cant be sure.

Fan (and contributor) here since the site was first built, and a devout fan otherwise since '83. I continue to come here because it is, bar-none, the best site for the details we desire, and beacuse I fully support David T.s efforts all along. When it comes to the drivel you speak of, it is very easily ignored.

All this arguing over a flower. Sheesh! A little story: A long time ago at one of the Your Arsenal gigs I was in front row holding gladiolas trying to get Morrisseys attention. He finally came up to me and tore the flowers apart as I was still holding them. He ripped them to shreds and I was left holding stems. Two songs later he came over to me again and held my hand for about 30 seconds. I told him I loved him, he gave me a wierd look, stuck his tongue out and walked away. Then the riot started and the show was stopped and the next thing I knew, Morrissey was being dragged off the stage. So the moral of the story is: Just enjoy the show! :)

Exactly. And your post and several others simply prove the arbitrariness of all front row interactions. He doesn't seek out anything. If he took a blue rose anything it was simply a coincidence because it was stuck in his face. It means nothing. The people who are trying to make something out of his interactions are delusional.

A true Morrissey disciple wouldnt bash or talk shit about him the way I see here all time.

Then you should just read the stuff folks post here about how amazing he is. It's not very rare actually. As for the true Morrissey disciples, there's only 12 and they aren't in the Cult of the Blue Rose from what I hear.

Then you should just read the stuff folks post here about how amazing he is. It's not very rare actually. As for the true Morrissey disciples, there's only 12 and they aren't in the Cult of the Blue Rose from what I hear.

Oh yes, I read the stuff they say about him about how amazing he is too and its great. :)

Exactly. And your post and several others simply prove the arbitrariness of all front row interactions. He doesn't seek out anything. If he took a blue rose anything it was simply a coincidence because it was stuck in his face. It means nothing. The people who are trying to make something out of his interactions are delusional.

Again with the blue rose. So what if it means nothing to you, it meant something to someone else.

Again with the blue rose. So what if it means nothing to you, it meant something to someone else.

It means nothing to no one. It is made up fantasy bollocks instigated by one nutjob, who's somehow managed to garner some gullible chumps to take up cudgels on his behalf. It means nothing. At all. It is an experiment in fan gullibility.

P.

Last edited:
Exactly. It shows how gullible some people are, and how much they need to be told by authorities what to think.

With LOLs, a Blue Rose Society member.

LOOOL omg, there's a "society" and it has "members?" hahahahahaaha!! Do you have buttons & tshirts too? Omg how precious

It means nothing to no one. It is made up fantasy bollocks instigated by one nutjob, who's somehow managed to garner some gullible chumps to take up cudgels on his behalf. It means nothing. At all. It is an experiment in fan gullibility.

P.

it isn't the first, in 2004 there was some crackpot saying the MEN gig was a hoax

P.

'It means nothing to no one.' Double negative

The show was wonderful, much better than the Staples Center. Morrissey gets stronger and more beautiful with age. The crowd was comprised of genuine fans who are always great, as opposed to the Staples show that had quite a few drunken LA asswipes (with the one exception of the jackoff who wouldn't stop screaming "Why don't you find out for yourselfl!!!!!, " even after Moz essentially told him to STFU). I was lucky enough to get up to the front thanks to a very friendly security guard who randomly decided to let me up there 2 minutes before Moz came on stage. The crowd was jumping up and down and singing the whole time. People helped each other get to the stage during the encore and didn't act offended by it. And when Moz through his first shirt directly at a guy who grabbed it and fell to the ground, everyone picked him up and congratulated him instead of attacking him to try and get a piece of it. It felt like the old days from start to finish.

Got bless Morrissey.

Fan (and contributor) here since the site was first built, and a devout fan otherwise since '83. I continue to come here because it is, bar-none, the best site for the details we desire, and beacuse I fully support David T.s efforts all along. When it comes to the drivel you speak of, it is very easily ignored.

yeah although i says for me member since 2011, i had an account at the beginning, but rarely used it and forgot the login and password. Been a fan for 20+ years and seen him many times, although i have never traveled more than 5 hours to see him and never on plane, so i might lose some fan cred, but this site is 100% for all the details. i don't even go to true-to-you, because it will soon be posted on here and listening to people make fun and name call each other is kinda funny...so this site is full on news and entertainment

it was a good concert. the strangest thing was witnessing a transexual fan who i was later told was on morrissesys guestlist leave the concert in tears because the security were hassling fans about standing up at the railing at the beginning of the concert. all that got sorted out and because of immaturity or odd hormones the particular fan missed out on a great show. LAME

Transexual? Fooled me but he/she did walk out do to the rail issue as you said but that person did watch the show from the balcony. She deserved to up front because she camped out the night before and I certainly understand why she got pissed. And to all those complaining about the venue what were expecting? It was a HIGH SCHOOL auditorium! Not very many high schools have consessions for an assembly! As for someone that said Moz will never play a venue that 'small' again well he will (El Paso for one). He once played a 'club' show in Salt Lake City about 10 years ago at the Zypher (sp?) Club where the front row only held about 10 people at most.

Back
Top Bottom