Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood High School (Mar. 2, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Alma Matters / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Irish Blood, English Heart / You Have Killed Me / November Spawned A Monster / Maladjusted / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Speedway / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by sdmfjuan, correction by !Viva Hate!

Last edited:
Did I miss a memo? Was the gig cancelled? Did no one turn up? Has Solo lost all LA posters?

Dave

Highlights at the high school were Speedway and Please, Please Please Let Me Get What I Want. Good times.

alma matters
ouija
irish blood
you have killed moi
novembers wretched monsters
maldajusted
youre the one for me fatty
still ill
people are the same in hollywood
speedway (asleep)
kimmel isnt funny anymore
meat is murder
please please
to give
everyday is sunday school
action is my middle name
let me kiss you
the boy with morrissey by his side

Russel Brand introduced Morrissey, and sat in the balcony next to us with Tony K. of No Doubt and the lead singer of AFI.
The kid that got on stage last is awesome.
And I wish people wouldn't shy away with the Meat Is Murder part of the show. Its honest, and its sincere. Its meant to be powerful and Morrissey has great integrity for doing it this way. I may not agree with the vegetarian lifestyle but its such a strong delivery of not only a song but a greater message that I cant help but admire its courage in delivering it so bluntly and honestly. Thanks for the 2 shows Morrissey! We'll see you soon!

Great show. Russell Brand did a cool heartfelt intro. Morrissey and the band had way more energy than Staples. The show was being filmed. No first of the gang or how soon is now. Still Ill was played. Boy with the thorn for the encore. Like I said earlier there was more energy and the sound was really cranked up.

The only things that sucked was the entire crowd had to go through will call. It took almost 1:20 to get in then the security was a bit much trying to keep people in the aisles.

Highlights: devin that 9 year boy getting on stage during the encore and still ill sounded really good. Also cool to see Jeanne Triplehorn outside with her son taking pictures by the sold out sign.

Odd choice for band shirts during the encore: Brooklyn Nets. Wtf. Anyway, great show. Three different shirts, two got thrown to the crowd.

alma
Ouija
Irish
Killed me
November
Maladjusted
Fatty
Still ill
People same
Speedway
Joke
To give
Meat is murder
Please
Action
Everyday Sunday
Paris
Kiss you
Boy with thorn

Here's to hoping you Assholes don't start bashing the Kid from The West Coast!
This place is a Shit Hole for Wankers!

Moz went on an hour late cause of the will call hassle. it was so bad people were still walking in during KY, even after showing up hours before. Highlight: singing a few lines of Asleep during the Speedway break!!

I'm curious about the actual hall - was it in an auditorium with seats, or more of a gym with a flat floor and bleachers? I'm assuming that as it was a high school, there was no bar service or anything.

the show was being filmed for a dvd that wlll never be released. Now he will have 2 dvds that aren't released: live at the hollywood bowl and live at hollywood high. Hooray for hollywood.

I'm curious about the actual hall - was it in an auditorium with seats, or more of a gym with a flat floor and bleachers? I'm assuming that as it was a high school, there was no bar service or anything.

It was an auditorium with seats and a balcony. Show was spectacular. He sang a lot of Asleep during Speedway, an unexpected mega dose of stunning heaven in the dark.

Great show. Russell Brand did a cool heartfelt intro. Morrissey and the band had way more energy than Staples. The show was being filmed. No first of the gang or how soon is now. Still Ill was played. Boy with the thorn for the encore. Like I said earlier there was more energy and the sound was really cranked up.

The only things that sucked was the entire crowd had to go through will call. It took almost 1:20 to get in then the security was a bit much trying to keep people in the aisles.

Highlights: devin that 9 year boy getting on stage during the encore and still ill sounded really good. Also cool to see Jeanne Triplehorn outside with her son taking pictures by the sold out sign.

Odd choice for band shirts during the encore: Brooklyn Nets. Wtf. Anyway, great show. Three different shirts, two got thrown to the crowd.

From where I sat I thought Devon was wearing purple and had hair. The kid Moz carried was a shy little Hispanic sweetie in a white Smiths shirt and a shaved head. Not the Devon kid.

JayZ owns part of the Nets. Probably another little dig at Beyonce!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom