Kimmel setlist, of sorts

Right at the end of the broadcast, he did "I Just Want to See the Boy Happy," and after the sign-off, he did "First of the Gang to Die"--BUT THEY CUT IT OFF AFTER THE FIRST LINE! f***ers!

They showed only three of the five other band members, including Mikey and Jesse. The drum kit said "Art Suffer" across the top, with something else across the bottom.

I thought that it was a somewhat lackluster performance. Is it his first outing with the new lineup, or was this lineup the same as in Pasadena?

Last edited:
I KNOW!!!! I just watched that WHOLE stupid show with that almost naked girl and the bald guy...just to see Morrissey....and they do that!?!?!? Uuuuuuuuuggggghh!!! No!!!!!!

Jimmy Kimmel did say to login into the "Pontiac Garage" section of his site to view the full preformance...Not sure when they update it though...

Ugh so I have to wait through a whole hour of JK for 1 song? (It's just started where I live). I'd go to bed but I'll just lay there and kind of wish I were awake watching anyway so I might as well stay up I guess.

it's because everybody has been building up a TV show appearance all week long!!!

Jimmy Kimmel did say to login into the "Pontiac Garage" section of his site to view the full preformance...Not sure when they update it though...

I must've missed that. It hasn't been posted yet, but it's a mere 16 minutes after the show ended. :)

The most recent performance on the Pontiac Garage is from April 17th, but it looks like it's only one song.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was terrible, It was just very amazing for me because I became a fan since the last time he was on American TV.

All in all, a very happy birthday it was. :)

yeah i was let down too. lots of build-up, but still...

uggh. i dont like that song at all really. one of my least favs of ROTT. it's pretty bland to me. anyway, maybe i should chill out on my Moz obsession for a bit, cuz i dont want it to build up so much that when i actually DO see him, i'm let down! ahhh, oh what to do, what to do :confused: :(

i didn't think it was bad...typical TV performance. his voice was mixed decently with the music, usually it's off for these kind of TV gigs.

his voice seemed off at points...

It was good to see Moz:) , but it was over too fast :(

Last edited:
I dont understand why it was so bad? it I am not in USA so didn´t watch it,...but if you all can explain your idea more clearly I would appreciate it,

gracias!

Art Suffer

England Hatred

That's what the drumkit said.

I dont understand why it was so bad? it I am not in USA so didn´t watch it,...but if you all can explain your idea more clearly I would appreciate it,

gracias!

all morrissey performances seem the same to me these days :(

i don't know, it may just be me...thus the "Tired of Morrissey" thread.

His songs on ROTT have a lot of range in his voice...one thing many of us pointed out. some like it, some don't but overall it's fine on the album where you can do take after take and really nail it. But when he sings the songs live, it's not that easy to hit all the notes. Morrissey needs to go back to being simple in his voice technique. I always liked it better.

gracias!

the mix was pretty bad and it sucked to have to sit through an hour of that show for one song

did anyone else find it ironic how jimmy kimmel was talking with that one guy about italy? i think he even said something like "was morrissey there?"

all morrissey performances seem the same to me these days :(

i don't know, it may just be me...thus the "Tired of Morrissey" thread.

His songs on ROTT have a lot of range in his voice...one thing many of us pointed out. some like it, some don't but overall it's fine on the album where you can do take after take and really nail it. But when he sings the songs live, it's not that easy to hit all the notes. Morrissey needs to go back to being simple in his voice technique. I always liked it better.

I saw him last year in Scotland 5 nights, and on stage everything was more than great, really. His voice and all.

I thought Moz & the gang looked and sounded fantastic as usual, and now I'm dying to see the whole thing! I wish I could have been there. I hope they get it uploaded soon.

I was there, and anyone that says they went and it was not good, are either out of their minds, or are lying and were not there at all. Haven't watched the show yet, so can't say how the tv broadcast looked, but the gig itself was superb. Only 6 songs but sounded great and he was definitely on. Everyone looked extremely happy afterward, so people that said it was crap are talking out their ass.

Watching it on TV obviously isn't as good as actually being there, but I didn't think it was a bad performance. Just not my favorite song and the sound was a bit muddled. But really it was just neat to see him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Who thought this would ever happen? I sure didn't.

Folks that were there, what time did people really start arriving? Something tells me Jimmy's joke about "the night before" wasn't really a joke at all but the truth.;)

Back
Top Bottom