Johnny Marr Uncut Jan 2008

I would but my scanner is f****d, it is a pretty good read. He mainly talks about his best work and best albums. He mentions The Queen Is Dead, Electronic, one of his Talking Heads albums. I found a better read in the G2 supplement from The Guardian. It is about a guy moving into a 4 bedroom house in Salford. It is grim reading but once you start reading the article it is hard to put down.

Love PTxx.

I would but my scanner is f****d, it is a pretty good read. He mainly talks about his best work and best albums. He mentions The Queen Is Dead, Electronic, one of his Talking Heads albums. I found a better read in the G2 supplement from The Guardian. It is about a guy moving into a 4 bedroom house in Salford. It is grim reading but once you start reading the article it is hard to put down.

Love PTxx.

Yeah, I read that about the guy in Salford. Nasty little racist f***ers.

Peter

Love PTxx.

A mate who works in HMV pointed it out to me. I stopped chatting and started reading. When I pretended I was going to nick it , he asked me to nick it from Menzies or at least when he wasn't working.:D

Soz I can't scan and upload but hear are a few bits

Johnny Marr Album by Album

"I'm less bothered about sounding obviously like myself these days" says Marr, taking a break before the final leg of his sell-out tour with Modest Mouse. "When I started The Healers I was keen not to do something that sounded like someone copying someone sounding like me. But when I do what's natural now, I know that's OK. What is natural for me? I let other people put words on it. What's natural to me could be anything from 'That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore' to 'Slow Emotion Replay' to 'Getting Away With It' to 'Dashboard'". Calling from his American home in Portland, Oregon, this chiming man takes us on tour of his greatest musical moments...

The Smiths- Hatful Of Hollow (Smiths Real Debut?)

The Smiths- The Queen Is Dead (Critic's Choice)

Talking Heads- Naked (Life After Morrissey)

The Smiths- Meat Is Murder (UNCUT Special)

Electronic- Electronic (The Supergroup Special)

The The- Dusk (The Emotional One)

The Healers- Boomslang (Taking The Lead)

Modest Mouse- We Were Dead...(The Inspired Fre-For-All)

Obviously he talks about each of these albums in a bit of detail and there are some nice pics of him. Hope this keeps you going until someone can upload it.

Love PTxx.

Scans Here

I tried other image hosting services, and they all resized the pictures (does anyone know a service that doesn't?), so I'm afraid I'm stuck with Flickr for the time being. You should be able to read the text - if not, then I apologise.

Peter

2172007840_3e8d03c186_b.jpg

2171215327_d12607052e_b.jpg

2171215897_b403f3129a_b.jpg

I love Marr but, God, does he ever stop talking about The Smiths? :rolleyes:

Re: Scans Here

have you tried http://imageshack.us/ it gives you an option to use a thumbnail or a large link.
thanks very much for the scan.

Yeah, I tried them. What seems to be the problem is that the images get uploaded, but the largest size available after that is one that makes the writing difficult to see. They seem to resized by at least 66% after uploading. A solution to this problem would be most welcome.

Peter

US: Thanks a million mate. U always come through & make life easier with the scans & everything. You're the BEST US. :)

Hugh, do you know you can use multi quote when you want to address multiple posts?

Back
Top Bottom