Johnny Marr: 'The Smiths might reform' NME website

but the spice girls single is out on the 5/11, it's called 'Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)', that is nearly the same as The smiths reforming!

In 10 or 15 more years, Morrissey will have like 65, so no way... if this ever happens it has to be before and there's no need to have a Rourke or Joyce... The Smiths are enough with Morrissey and Marr, they are the brain and heart of the band.. .the rest is accessory... Anyway I'm glad that Johnny doesn't close the door completely. And I agree with the one who said that Morrissey is way to proud to yield to a Smiths reunion... But many times aging does miracles on people's pride.

In 10 or 15 more years, Morrissey will have like 65, so no way... if this ever happens it has to be before and there's no need to have a Rourke or Joyce... The Smiths are enough with Morrissey and Marr, they are the brain and heart of the band.. .the rest is accessory... Anyway I'm glad that Johnny doesn't close the door completely. And I agree with the one who said that Morrissey is way to proud to yield to a Smiths reunion... But many times aging does miracles on people's pride.

That wouldn't be a Smiths reunion though would it? It would be Morrissey and Marr on the same stage performing Smiths songs. The Smiths need Rourke and Joyce as much as Morrissey and Marr IMO

That wouldn't be a Smiths reunion though would it? It would be Morrissey and Marr on the same stage performing Smiths songs. The Smiths need Rourke and Joyce as much as Morrissey and Marr IMO

But most of the fans (i.e. us lot) and Morrissey/Marr themselves don't want a bona fida Smiths reunion. They'd prefer it to just be Morrissey and Marr (see the poll we've run on this site before).
So it's kind of irrelevant that the 'Smiths need Rourke and Joyce'...

"Maybe we will in 10 or 15 years time when we all need to for whatever reasons..."

Nice... A 65 year old Morrissey singing about the pain of adolescence. But hey, it's in the NME so it must be true...

Oye!

:D :p
you have single handedly managed to put me and others off Johnny Marr,

well done.

yeah, that makes a whole hell of a lot of sense. (um... no.)
that alone says a lot about you right there. real smart, dumbass! :D

so, you'll get turn against Johnny because of what a fan of his said to you? really nice. stupidity can be really entertaining, huh?

Anyways, I highly doubt that The Smiths will ever reform. I wouldn't have a very high opinion of Morrissey if they did.

I keep hearing my dad make the same joke over and over, at first it was quite good but then it justs get irritating, when I ask him if he ever thinks The Smiths shall reform he says, "Yeh I reckon Morrissey would actually be happy to reform The Smiths just without Marr, Rourke and Joyce"

Personally, I don't think they should reform. I might like to see Morrissey and Marr work together again but it just wouldn't match up to The Smiths and therefore I may be left feeling disappointed.

The terrible thing is that Morrissey and Marr onstage together wouldn't just not match up to how the Smiths were, they wouldn't match up to how Morrissey is now.

Sacrilege? But it's true!

Morrissey and Marr getting together onstage for a cobbled together few shows when they haven't worked together for twenty years (perhaps with half of Morrissey's now backup band as support) would probably be a musical disaster in technical terms at least.

Anderson and Butler reforming was quite successful I thought. Here Come The Tears was a great album. Perhaps Morrissey & Marr under an assumed name like The Joneses or The Davies :p. But seriously, I would love to see The Smiths reform as I was only a nipper when they broke up...

Well who would have thought the classic Pink Floyd lineup would have reformed for Live8 or Led Zeppelin reform for this 02 Concert tribute to the founder of Atlantic Records after all these years of various acrimony between band members.

Both of these reformations have occurred when the band members have got old enough to receive a free bus pass.

What Johnny Marr said was very sensible, whilst saying nothing at the same time.

Anderson and Butler reforming was quite successful I thought. Here Come The Tears was a great album. Perhaps Morrissey & Marr under an assumed name like The Joneses or The Davies :p. But seriously, I would love to see The Smiths reform as I was only a nipper when they broke up...

Anderson and Butler was a commercial and critical flop. That's not to say some people didn't enjoy the songs but it was a big failure compared to the achievements of prime-time Suede...

Back
Top Bottom