Improve Morrissey's Band Here

When getting a band together to tour, it is necessary to consider
1) Who is available to tour with you
2) Who wants to tour with you
3) Who is good enough to tour with you
4) Can you work with them, or have you worked with them before
5) Will they work together as a band, will the personal and musical chemistry be right
6) What kind of sound do you want to make

and others I've missed.

Together I think this band sound pretty good. If asked to criticise I'd give more of the lead guitar work to Boz. Jessie is technically good, but not as imaginative on the solo bits.

Moz~ Vox
John Squire~ Lead Axe
Boz~ second axe
Alain White~ Skins
Salomon~ bass

When getting a band together to tour, it is necessary to consider
1) Who is available to tour with you
2) Who wants to tour with you
3) Who is good enough to tour with you
4) Can you work with them, or have you worked with them before
5) Will they work together as a band, will the personal and musical chemistry be right
6) What kind of sound do you want to make

7) Who is cheap ;)

I second this. Alain's vocals are especially missed.

I'm glad someone else finally mentioned this. Boz and Mikey together are nearly inadequate to the task. His harmonies are one of his more overlooked contributions to Morrissey's sound.

Overall, the technical aplomb of the latter day band is not in question. But it often seems like a band of studio musicians, which, naturally, is not surprise considering three of them in large part are, or have been.

It's a bit of slippery slope to criticize the newer musicians around here b/c so many of the new fans accuse you of being "nostalgic" for preferring the older Lads--or the old fans slate you for preferring Boz and Alain over the Smiths. That said, whatever he does in the future, I feel Alain and Boz's presence are integral.

Cheers,

Jamie

christ i hope you're kidding! nothing worse than showy guitar jocks, especially those bluesy douches. why not just get Yngwie Malmsteen?

Funny you call them "jocks" thats what I always though of them aswell.

Tobias never looks like he wants to be there. It's troubling.

I think the new line up sounds great live. Better than the past two tours I've seen in person. As for Jesse, whenever he does rock out and get any recognition there is always a "that's enough of that" look from Moz. I hope he keeps the current line up and utilizes Alain again. The more members competing to write songs the better IMO.

Back
Top Bottom