Have A Go 7" promo question

Yeah, I just checked again and it is R 6400. There is no DJ after the R.
Dave, yours has RDJ 6400 A-1-1 and B-1-1 ?

If so, then there are three pressings. Mine is R 6400 A-2-1 and B-2-1

This is getting interesting.

The matrix numbers on mine are R 6400 A-2-1- and R 6400 B-2-1-

So in summary, there appear to be 3 versions:

1. RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- plays Have-A-Go and Boxers (Dave's)
2. RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- plays Have-A-Go and Whatever Happens (Syd's)
3. R 6400 A-2-1- / R 6400 B-2-1- plays Have-A-Go and Boxers (Roky's and mine)

It's quite obvious that on version 3, labels for the promo (RDJ 6400) were mistakenly stuck on the the standard Boxers 7" pressing. These 2 records are identical and share the same matrix numbers.

What is not so easy to understand is how versions 1 and 2 above can have the same matrix numbers and play different tracks. I've never heard of anything like this before. It's worth pointing out that RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- are the intended matrix numbers for this promo.

Cheers,

I.R.

1. RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- plays Have-A-Go and Boxers (Dave's)
2. RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- plays Have-A-Go and Whatever Happens (Syd's)
3. R 6400 A-2-1- / R 6400 B-2-1- plays Have-A-Go and Boxers (Roky's and mine)

It's quite obvious that on version 3, labels for the promo (RDJ 6400) were mistakenly stuck on the the standard Boxers 7" pressing. These 2 records are identical and share the same matrix numbers.

What is not so easy to understand is how versions 1 and 2 above can have the same matrix numbers and play different tracks. I've never heard of anything like this before. It's worth pointing out that RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- are the intended matrix numbers for this promo.

Cheers,

I.R.

I've double and treble checked and this is the case

Dave

Cheers,

I.R.

I NEED a mint copy of ANY ONE of these for my own collection. Does anybody want to sell one or trade with me?

Anybody got Bob Woodward's 'phone number? We should put him on to this asap ;)

Who would of thought by asking a question about this, we find out there are three pressings. Very interesting.

I wonder if there are more that play the correct songs?
Or more that play Boxers?

Stephane, do you know anything about this?

Ok, just judging by this post here is how many there are of the three pressings

Regular
RDJ 6400 A-1-1
RDJ 6400 B-1-1

Plays "Have A Go" and "Whatever Happens" - 6

Mis Press 1
RDJ 6400 A-1-1
RDJ 6400 B-1-1

Plays "Have A Go" and "Boxers" - 1

Mis Press 2
R 6400 A-2-1
R 6400 B-2-1

Plays "Have a Go" and "Boxers" - 3

If anyone wants to check there copy, please put the matrix numbers and play the record to see what tracks are played.
Thanks
Roky

Ok, just judging by this post here is how many there are of the three pressings

Regular
RDJ 6400 A-1-1
RDJ 6400 B-1-1

Plays "Have A Go" and "Whatever Happens" - 6

Mis Press 1
RDJ 6400 A-1-1
RDJ 6400 B-1-1

Plays "Have A Go" and "Boxers" - 1

Mis Press 2
R 6400 A-2-1
R 6400 B-2-1

Plays "Have a Go" and "Boxers" - 4

If anyone wants to check there copy, please put the matrix numbers and play the record to see what tracks are played.
Thanks
Roky
Alright Flax, I have added yours to Mis Press Two. Now there are 4 of those
There is only 1 of mis press one and 6 that play the right tracks. So just from this thread, there are more of the correct tracks than one's that plays the mis press "Boxers".
Anyone that has a copy. please check to see which one you have.
Thanks

I'm sorry, but for it to be a different pressing the matrix numbers would have to be different. I've never heard of two different pressings with different track listngs having the same matrix before.

This is what I have:

R 6400 A-2-1-, plays "Boxers"
R 6400 B-2-1-, plays "Have A Go Merchant"

Take care, Marcel

I've double and treble checked and this is the case

Dave

An apology...

I've double, treble and now quadruple checked my copy and it looks like I cocked up back in November, mine doesn't play Boxers, but it plays Whatever Happens - don't know what I was thinking of back in November but I wasn't thinking straight.

So, scrub the Mispress 1 (that was my cock up). There's just a regular (with Whatever Happens) and a Mispress (with Boxers).

Thousands of apologies to the 10 people who are interested in this thread.

I'll get my coat... :o

Dave

Thanks Marcel
Here are the number of pressings of each two pressings.
Beau, I don't understand what you are saying. these are the 7"s, with the skinhead on the front and the labels on the record are all the same.
Syd's copy's matrix's are RDJ 6400 A-1-1- / RDJ 6400 B-1-1- plays Have-A-Go and Whatever Happens

Mine and IR's copy's matrix's are R 6400 A-2-1- / R 6400 B-2-1- and plays Have-A-Go and Boxers

The number at the end of the the songs are people that checked and played there copy just from this thread.

Regular
RDJ 6400 A-1-1
RDJ 6400 B-1-1

Plays "Have A Go" and "Whatever Happens" - 7

Mis Press
R 6400 A-2-1
R 6400 B-2-1

Plays "Have a Go" and "Boxers" - 5

Ok, no problem Dave, so there are two different pressings. So I take it that the mis press one was pressed with the "Boxers" plate and put the promo label on it and slipped it in the promo sleeve.

Last edited:
Beau, I don't understand what you are saying.

Beau was trying to point out something that was also bugging me. You can't have two items pressed with the same plates playing different music. There had to be a mistake somewhere. And there was indeed, as we now know with Dave's correction.

Stephane

Beau was trying to point out something that was also bugging me. You can't have two items pressed with the same plates playing different music. There had to be a mistake somewhere. And there was indeed, as we now know with Dave's correction.

Stephane

Yes, I had already mentioned the same thing in the post at the top of this page (post #21).

Ok,
So now we know that there is a mis pressed one. I wonder how many are of each?

Tags
have-a-go
Back
Top Bottom